stu_thomson

coir smell
« on: October 19, 2005, 10:32:26 pm »
Cleaned some coir matting for customer the other day, and 24 hrs later had call to say smell was all over house, why?? Told her that it was a natural product and when fully dry will be fine, anything else i can add to that as i will call her again soon.

regards
stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

John_Flynn

Re: coir smell
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 10:58:47 pm »
Cross your fingers and hope it will be   ::) ::) ::)
I get better looking each day!!

garyj

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 11:05:08 pm »
Awful stuff and many won't clean it, stays damp forever and does smell musty and dirty. How about a light spray of Craftex lemon deodoriser to take the edge off it?

John_Flynn

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 11:09:13 pm »
Or send in a couple of Wet Dogs to make it smell sweeter???

garyj

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 11:22:57 pm »
Eeeee up John. Do you get better looking each day because you couldn't get any uglier  :P ;D   
Nicky still thinks you're that fat bloke. Put him back on, he was better looking for a start  ;D

John_Flynn

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 11:39:55 pm »
Hey Gary that mi dad I got on now!!

Karl Wildey

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 10:12:24 am »
Smell should go with time, but I would return and spray/cover the smell with a deordorizer of some sort.

Stop cleaning coir matting myself due to similar prob a few years back.

stu_thomson

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 04:24:18 pm »
cheers guys, now going to ring lady, did tell her at time that i dont normally clean it as i too had prob with smell few years back, if still bad will spray some sanitiser

regards stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 07:00:45 pm »
Why can't people use proper carpet?
 Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

ABLECLEAN

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 11:36:20 pm »
I never attempt cleaning coir matting as the pile is so deep and loose which causes loss of suction at the cleaning head. This is why it stays wet and smells. I usually tell customers to hang it over something and use a pressure washer and then leave it outside in the sun until dry. :D