Where to distribute?
« on: September 16, 2005, 11:37:30 am »
We have just moved house and are about to re-establish in the new area.  :D I have never had to do a leaflet drop before (recommendations and all of that!). Does anybody know what types of household properties are more likely to be interested in our serviecs? My catchment area includes all ranges - From 1 bed flat thru' to 6 Bed detached!

Who should I target?

Thanks

Ade

Elite (Ben)

Re: Where to distribute?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 11:59:18 am »
personally i dont think there is a "stereotypical" customer.  In the past i have cleaned all types of properties, but the higher volume of jobs for me, comes from your average 3 bed middle class property.

I normally target all types with a small sample and then blanket drop the best areas.

Hope this helps,

ben

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 12:17:42 pm »
What type of houses did you clean in your old area.

Why would it be any diffrent  in a new area.

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 02:22:31 pm »
Ian,

Previously we worked prodiminantly through letting agents and landlords. As well as targeting that market, I am also trying to gain business in the private sector - Hence the request for info.

Cheers

Adrian

the red carpet

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 05:20:21 pm »
hi adrian,
iv only just started delivering myself but i have found im getting good results targeting newish private housing estates, by newish i mean around five years old and i go for houses 3bed and up, nearly all these people seem to be quite young families with kids, and its the fashion in these types of properties to have cream carpet or laminate flooring, and we all know kids and cream carpet dont mix, why not give that a try its working for me.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 12:43:33 am »
I would have thought the answer was any well kept purpose built owner occupied houses or bunglows.

Not a run down ex council estate.

Houses with long drive ways could be good but perhaps post might be easier.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 08:33:19 am »
this topic makes me smile because no one has read the title of his question properly ;)

Ade has'nt asked 'who' to deliver leaflets too but 'where'

Ade get a local street map and draw a 4mile circle around your home, deliver your lealfets within this circle every 4weeks.

this will work as long as you live in a populated nice area :)

Mike

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 08:43:39 am »
Mike, thanks again.

I had  think about your response. I guess it was - Keep it LOCAL.

Their new neighbour my appreciate it  ;D

Cheers

Ade