premiermaids

Which Bonnet Cleaning Chemicals?
« on: August 15, 2010, 05:13:28 pm »
I have recently completed a clean for a local college of further education.

The carpets were low profile polyprop with lots of tea/coffee stains and one area (near the bike shed) was covered in oil spots. 

The clean was performed with a bonnet and wringer vessel.

The question I have is: What chemicals would you have used to deal with large area tea/coffee and oil spills alongside a bonnet system?

I was using a bonnet for the first time and would appreciate input from more experienced  padders.

Regards

Jim

Fintan_Coll

Re: Which Bonnet Cleaning Chemicals?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 05:35:49 pm »
Did you remove the tea and coffee and oil stains, Jim.
 If so then you were using the right chemicals. If not then I will throw the question back to you Jim and ask what were you using. That way we will all be able to help you better.

premiermaids

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 06:49:37 pm »
Hi Fintan.  After hoovering I  used  a hot M-power pre-spray (1:80) on the areas with the tea/coffee stains, agitated, allowed to dwell and then bonneted with hot  M-power (1:100) from the wringer vessel – this worked well though some stains needed a second clean.

For the oil stains I used the above procedure with Prochems ‘Citra Boost’ added to the pre-spray – again the results were good.

I was happy with the overall results but would still be interested in which method other experienced padders use along with their choice of chemicals.

Regards

Jim

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 07:01:30 pm »
Yesm my own choice would be m power or its cousin Fusion Clean.
Citra Boost, yes but I would prefer to use it on its own and would be happier rinsing it out rather than leaving it in the carpet, although you may remove most of it with a good pad.

andrew christopher

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 07:31:36 pm »
Iv had very good results using Rotobrite 2 with some chemspec energiser, been doing some schools over the holidays and it gets rid of the dark marks in the staff rooms and offices which  are mainly tea/coffee spills. A couple of fridges and water coolers had caused tide marks and it also delt with those well too. I didnt agitate.

I think its effective because it has hydrogen peroxide in the formulation. Its an encapsulation chemical so when dried any residue is vac out.

John Kelly at Restormate supplies it along with lots of advice, worth giving him a call.

justin brown

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 09:35:08 pm »
hi. i just done a car showroom which was covered in oil and coffee. i used powerburst and agitated it with a numatic 1515 with a poly brush............then rised with f & f. everything came out and custy delighted
i am here to learn and appreciate any help

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 10:36:03 pm »
Fusion from Solutions is reckoned to be the best ;D
"So basically its a big vax!"