The Jester of Wibbly

They do make me wonder some times
« on: June 01, 2019, 07:35:46 pm »
when I get stopped in the street and asked for one of my cards.   Usually shouting from a car window or from someone in a rush taking a child to school.   

Had a few tell me how hard they have found it to find a window cleaner!!!!  Yet they tend not to get in touch.

I have had a neighbor of one of my customers ask me for a card three times now over the last 18 month not wanting them done at the time as she is in a rush.

They can't be looking very hard can they  ;D

I don't get it!!
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Cookie

Re: They do make me wonder some times
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 09:45:38 pm »
I get this as well. Life is just busy particularly if you're working & you have kids...

Getting your windows cleaned is never a priority - it's not like getting your boiler fixed or getting your electrics back up & running.

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 10:04:56 pm »
when I get stopped in the street and asked for one of my cards.   Usually shouting from a car window or from someone in a rush taking a child to school.   

Had a few tell me how hard they have found it to find a window cleaner!!!!  Yet they tend not to get in touch.

I have had a neighbor of one of my customers ask me for a card three times now over the last 18 month not wanting them done at the time as she is in a rush.

They can't be looking very hard can they  ;D

I don't get it!!

Usually the ones that have never seen a window cleaner around and have dirty windows that need cleaning are messers - not all but most have turned out that way.

They end up being too busy and keep forgetting to draw money at the atm down the road, they don't do internet banking, they haven't a cheque book - oh do you take credit card payments? Only thing is that I can't find my purse at the moment. Then they find a £5 note and ask if they can pay the balance at the next clean.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 10:11:29 pm »
Aye, I got one last month. Messaged me about cleaning her windows and not been able to get one bla bla bla and how I've come highly recommended etc etc.
I sent her a text to say I'm on the street the next day and if she can leave the gate unlocked.
Her reply........ Tomorrows a bad day for me, can you leave it till next time.
😂😂😂😂. This was meant to be the first clean.
So I sent her a text apologising that I'm not the best suited company for her needs, 😁
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 09:29:56 am »
Aye, I got one last month. Messaged me about cleaning her windows and not been able to get one bla bla bla and how I've come highly recommended etc etc.
I sent her a text to say I'm on the street the next day and if she can leave the gate unlocked.
Her reply........ Tomorrows a bad day for me, can you leave it till next time.
😂😂😂😂. This was meant to be the first clean.
So I sent her a text apologising that I'm not the best suited company for her needs, 😁

;D
Why? was she going out and taking her windows with her?  ;D

Some customers don't realise that they make our decision to take them on or not much easier.

In my early days when we didn't have enough customers I chased this type of work. Now I just don't even bother.

I had a similar one recently. She apparently spoke to me 6 months ago about cleaning her windows but I just don't remember. I just tell them I'm old and I can't remember what happened yesterday let alone a conversation 6 months ago. Haven't heard anything since.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 09:48:02 am »
Yep agree.

I had one a while ago now who asked me not to come today as she has a friend coming over  :-X

She was a rural customer so can only be really done when in that neck of the woods.  Two weeks later she text to ask me to do them tomorrow moring.  I said sorry, but I am too busy working in another area.  She flipped her lid and said if I could not do them when she want she would cancel my sercice.   I repied, no problem, service has now been cancelled for you.  Her reply then got very rude.  I ignored it.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Missing Link

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 11:00:28 am »

They might have Alzheimers or some other kind of brain problem.

I've had some weird/strange interactions over the years - and with one of them - a neighbour told me they (as in both the husband and wife) had Alzheimers.

Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Slash

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 11:17:34 am »
I don't bother giving them a  card, I say I'm far too busy which I usually am.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 11:26:55 am »
I don't bother giving them a  card, I say I'm far too busy which I usually am.

Going to say from now on that I have gone paperless.  What's your mobile number and I will text you my details now for you.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 12:10:46 am »
I have lots that do text me when I give them a card....as this is what tell them to do (with their name and address)when I'm out and about working....

If they do I have all the information I need to see if I want to take them on as a customer .....some I will,some I won't....

Obviously I do have some who never text me at all.....they obviously are not that bothered about having their windows cleaned and I'm not bothered either......saves wasting my time.....
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 07:57:56 pm »
Rather than give them a card I get their name, address and telephone number,  easier and more results that way

James Styles

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 01:02:45 am »
I’ve already had quite a few do this and I’m only a few months in haha.
3 customers have said either their neighbour or family member/friend have asked for a business card, that they need a window cleaner etc, I pass them a card, haven’t heard from them.
Also when canvassing I’ve had a few say “oh I’ve needed a window cleaner for so long” I give them a quote, they agree to it, I say “I can book you in tomorrow or another day that suits?” I then get the reply “can I take a leaflet and run it past my other half it should be no problem, I’ll call you”
Needless to say I never hear from them.
 ::)roll

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2019, 04:11:03 am »
Rather than give them a card I get their name, address and telephone number,  easier and more results that way

I never do this......the onus is on them to get in touch with me.....

I cant be bothered fannying about while I'm working.its much easier to just hand them a card and tell them to get in touch with me....

jonboywalton75

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2019, 05:53:26 am »
What you doing up at this time Daz???

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2019, 07:49:06 am »

I never do this......the onus is on them to get in touch with me.....

I cant be bothered fannying about while I'm working.its much easier to just hand them a card and tell them to get in touch with me....

Agree. I always prefer to test a customers commitment by getting them to contact you.    If they can't be bothered to do a simple task, you can only imagine their efforts when it comes to working with you and paying.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2019, 08:10:34 am »

Well duh! Booking his next 5 star holiday of course!
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2019, 12:45:35 am »

I'm 6 hours behind in Mexico...... ;)

I'm currently waiting for my missus to get ready(its  645pm here)before going to Italian restaurant for dinner.......

lal

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2019, 08:57:31 am »

I'm currently waiting for my missus to get ready(its  645pm here)before going to Italian restaurant for dinner.......

Have a good holiday dazmond enjoy.   8)

zesty

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2019, 09:33:22 am »

How you finding it daz? Have you tried the Chinese yet? I didn’t enjoy it. The Italian was good, also the beach bar grill/bbq with the mini burgers was nice.

Slacky

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2019, 10:01:26 am »
Is she finished getting ready yet?