T Glew

Busy Nightclub wood floor
« on: November 30, 2011, 04:39:10 pm »
Hi i have just taken on a cleaning contract and the last company have left the wood floor in  a very bad way, no polish or maintainer on it for a long time, just soaked it with water 7 days a week, which has made the boards lift. i know there is not a lot i can do about that but i wonted to know a good way to get it looking good again and what polish or chemical i should us. its cleaned 7 days a week. many thanks.

Jamie Pearson

Re: Busy Nightclub wood floor
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 08:43:22 pm »
Keeping it looking good will be difficult. Stilettos, broken glass, sticky spillage will all do their best to kill any coating you apply. Best to avoid any wax or oil based finished in case of any slip risk.

Best bed is hot neutral cleaner and a scrubber dryer to remove the sticky spillage rather than soak with a mop and spread all over. If its being done 7 days a week this will reduce further damage from water ingress. You could apply some high solid floor finish heavily with multiple coats to give some protection after a good deep clean with a rotary and wet vac. Don't use too aggressive a pad. Blue at the most.

David MK Cleaning

Re: Busy Nightclub wood floor
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 09:34:58 pm »
We had the same thing when we took over a Yates's Bar regular clean, the last cleaner never polish and just mopped the dirt around.

The first month we requested to come in when it closes at 4am instead of the normal 6am every sunday/monday/tuesday/wednesday just so we had time to apply a good 5-7 coats of a polish we had out the back ( cant remember the name of it but will get it 2moz).

Over time we managed to get the floor looking so nice and the manager was well happy with it. After the first month we convinced the manager to let us come in at 4am every Monday just to keep the coats on the floor going. 11 months down the line its still looking as good as it did the first time.

This worked on a medium sized bar so could need a lot more for a night club but thats what I would recommend