Bedfordshire Oven Cleaning

Tile grout cleaning
« on: October 20, 2011, 03:41:53 pm »
Hi,
Have been asked to scrub off a large kitchen floor, all tiled.
Not a job I have done for a few years, but took my rotary with poly scrub brush.
Scrubbed off, washed and mopped up but the customer says she wants improvement on the grout, it was beige but is now a bit mucky. Any suggestions?
I do a lot of work for this lady and she is a great customer so want to get it right for her.
Many thanks
Paul

sherco

Re: Tile grout cleaning
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 05:51:16 pm »
What cleaner did you use?
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Timmy Boy

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 06:55:47 pm »
Hi Paul
The problem you have is that you have used a brush that goes round and round to clean straight lines if that makes any sense. We have an SX12 but for a one off job, buy a grout brush and some Viper Renew from Alltec. Pump up sprayer, apply neat or 50/50, scrub all the grout lines with your grout brush on a stick and then go over again with the rotary and then aquavac up the slurry. Should look the bees knees ;)

Regards
Tim

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 07:22:57 pm »
What cleaner did you use?

MP9 from premier, general purpose hard surface cleaner.

sherco

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 08:36:20 pm »
Go onto www.allforstone.co.uk you will find everything on here.

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 04:02:40 am »
Wonderful!!
Thank you.

A_Phelan

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 07:48:11 pm »
Just in case you didn't get the result you wanted have you considerd Colour Sealing? Colour sealing allows you to recolour grout given it the properties of Epoxy Resin coating without the burns! I am biased as I sell colorclad from the states over here (www.csigrout.com) but there are other brands (none of course are as good as mine!)

Sometimes the Custie wants their grout looking like new not just clean and staining (Other than crud) can sometimes be impossible to remove on grout lines that have been down for a while

sherco

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 08:14:53 pm »
Just in case you didn't get the result you wanted have you considerd Colour Sealing? Colour sealing allows you to recolour grout given it the properties of Epoxy Resin coating without the burns! I am biased as I sell colorclad from the states over here (www.csigrout.com) but there are other brands (none of course are as good as mine!)

Sometimes the Custie wants their grout looking like new not just clean and staining (Other than crud) can sometimes be impossible to remove on grout lines that have been down for a while
I can verify that this stuff is really good, with amazing results.  ;D

terrazzoman

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 01:30:31 pm »
yes it does work and good colour range....i recommend it