craignozza

Hard floor
« on: October 16, 2011, 09:00:59 pm »
Hi everyone i am buying a hard floor setup and i am going on all appropriate courses just wondered if anybody else uses this as well as carpet cleaning and wether its a profitable business  and also whats the best way to market it cheers craig

John Milnes

Re: Hard floor
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 11:51:21 pm »
I would go on the course b4  you buy anything.....except for a hard floor wand to remove the slurry.

sherco

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 01:34:36 pm »
If you just want to clean ceramic tiles then not much problems to worry about. If you want to go onto Natural stone then you have to Know lots more about Honing powders, polishing, sealers etc. This is a totaly different ball game and you really need to know what you are doing. Did one last year cost the customer £1100 to strip her floor as the guy who cleaned it used the wrong sealer. Keeps me busy puting these things right  ;D
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 04:19:57 pm »
Spend money on a good rotary and a decent wet vac.

They are the foundation to any floor care set up.

Not a great idea using a machine whose vac motors cost the same as a whole machine.

sherco

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 04:57:23 pm »
Spend money on a good rotary and a decent wet vac.

They are the foundation to any floor care set up.

Not a great idea using a machine whose vac motors cost the same as a whole machine.

Thats all i use a rotary and a good wet vac.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Ben Lugg

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 07:43:28 pm »
Hi,
what suggestions do you have for a good wet vac.

Cheers.
Ben.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 08:22:55 pm »
Something at least 50 litres. That way even on a small job it will still be fairly stable. Nothing worse than knocking it over full of slurry in customers house (everyone does it once...dont they?)

Twin motor is way to go however there are a couple that can handle it with a single vac. Having a longer hose on the machine will always be an advantage and save having to wheel the machine around too much.

Get one with a friction free floor tool. ie. the squeegee has wheels. this way it will pick up going forwards as well as backwards.

I personally use Truvox machines as the replacement motors are easy to fit and cheap.
Cant go wrong with a NUmatic either. Just get one of the bigger ones.

Ben Lugg

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 08:28:00 pm »
Cheers.

hired a wet pick up machine the other day and it came with a wet/dry floor tool. (rubber and bristle), but would not pick up very well at all. Will probably look at buying a numatic.

Ben.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 08:28:53 pm »
http://www.truvox.com/Products/Vacuums/Valet_Aqua/Valet_Aqua_55_HD
Nice and portable for domestic work. Wouldnt bother with the fixed squeegee tbh.

http://www.numatic.co.uk/products4.aspx?id=67&r=6&sr=100
Workhorse!

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 08:29:42 pm »
Cheers.

hired a wet pick up machine the other day and it came with a wet/dry floor tool. (rubber and bristle), but would not pick up very well at all. Will probably look at buying a numatic.

Ben.

You need a dedicated tool. Double bristle for dry, double squeegee for wet.