STEVE71163

Re: Where can i buy GG4 ?
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2003, 04:41:59 pm »
Hi Fez,
         I probably leave about 5-10mm but i always have the applicator quite wet. I also found with GG4 that the amount you put in your bucket makes a lot of differance. Having to much is as bad as not enough.

Steve

fez

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2003, 04:57:52 pm »
I got good results today with 15ml (3 x the usual amount). I shaved off quite a lot of time, but the weather was good for cleaning. I changed back to an Unger rubber (instead of Pulex) which seemed to help.

I think that it's just down to experimentation.

STEVE71163

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2003, 05:48:22 pm »
Hi Fez,
         Its like you say. Its finding what works best for you and then your ok. Its worth it in the end because its quicker :)

Steve

Mikey Warner

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2003, 09:56:42 pm »
Hi Fez, Steve, I thought I'd put my two peneth in on this subject.

As I'm still a relativley newbie to the trade apart from using "Squeegie off" to start I have always been using GG4 so as I see it I have not had to make the drastic change or get used to it like you guy's (I mainly use 15ml to the Gal). I do find it hard work here and there like getting the odd little bits left behind down the middle of the glass from where i so called "S" as there's no bubbles!! ::) But practice makes perfect i supose.

Also on Friday I used a leather for the first time to detail round the edges and found this really speeded my cleaning up!? I have been using the leather ever since and just use my scrim for a quick wipe round if needed after the leather. Do many of you guy's use a leather?

Thanks Mikey ;D

g_griffin

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2003, 10:02:12 pm »
Having read Titans comments on "squeegee drag" I decided to try gg4 again this morning as I was doing two shops with big windows. I washed the window and then squeegeed off, straight-pulling with an 18" blade. The windows were gleaming and there was minimal mopping and detailing. But most of my work is residential and windows of all shapes and sizes so it was back to Fairy to help my squeegee action. If only you,or better still Titan,could add something to gg4 to aid glide without feeling as though your mopping up custard afterwards. Then again,  after years of using Fairy I`m probably too used to it and stuck in my ways.      Gerry.  

g_griffin

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2003, 08:52:03 am »
Steve, how was it going back to gg4 after a day on Fairy? Is it getting easier/better?    Gerry.

STEVE71163

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2003, 09:01:17 am »
Hi Gerry,
            I am back using GG4 now because i am quicker when using it. I have been using it now for about six months so i guess i have just got used to it :D  

Steve

fez

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2003, 05:52:51 pm »
I've had a good few days on GG3. It IS quicker to use, I've had no problems with drag at all. You just have to get used to it. On those days when the sun is directly on the glass and the squeegee is dragging, I just add more GG3 to the water and that seems to cure it.

Paul Higgins

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2003, 10:00:56 pm »
Wylie,

I also purchased gg4 from Soap National the other week and found their service very prompt. How do you find gg4? Do you like me find it works better when the bucket of solution has been used a few times (hours).

I also add a bit of Squeegee Off to give it that something extra.  

Neil

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2003, 10:41:00 pm »
Hi Higgs
To be honest I havent yet tried gg4 ::)
When I posted the reply earlier in this issue it was really to tell people about Soap National having bought lots of other stuff there.
I have since got a free sample from the Window clean centre but not got around to trying it  ::)
As soon as I get over the dreaded lurgy which my little girl kindly passed on to me I will try the sample and let you know what I think :)

Paul Higgins

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2003, 10:49:47 pm »
Neil,

Echinacea drops (Holland & Barrett) and vitamin c should do the trick

Neil

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2003, 10:59:26 pm »
Guess I will have to write that down when I go to the shop then ;D  coz gawd know how you say it ;D ;D

kilimanjaro

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2003, 07:32:40 pm »
has anyone tried gg4 with a little drop of fairy mixed in?