p1w1

Re: maybe a 6 month lockdown/restrictions...will some of you go back?
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2020, 05:26:58 pm »
I thought it  was ''lost income due to coronavirus'' .

So if i get coronavirus and so do other members of my household which means I have to self isolate, for an extended period,
if  customers say please leave it for a while because of coronavirus,
if my supplier cannot supply me with resin because of the coronavirus,
surely I will have ''lost income due to coronavirus'' and therefore should be able to make a claim. Doesn't mean the claim will be accepted of course.

What it is not clear is if I decide of my own volition to down tools for three months? :)

As window cleaner who is still allowed to work if you decide to down tools and walk away from work then you will get nothing,
I'm not having that.
How can they possibly police that?
They simply can't.

Shrek

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2020, 07:07:06 pm »
Germany has got testing spot on.

They plan to test hundreds of thousands for the presence of the antibodies and issue 'Immunity Certificates' to those who test positive-allowing their work to be exempt from the lockdown.

This information will be a huge weapon against the virus.

Dave Willis

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2020, 07:15:23 pm »
Does that mean there’s going to be a mad rush to catch it ?????
Or are you saying some are naturally immune without catching it.
Confused

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2020, 07:16:22 pm »
Germany has got testing spot on.

They plan to test hundreds of thousands for the presence of the antibodies and issue 'Immunity Certificates' to those who test positive-allowing their work to be exempt from the lockdown.

This information will be a huge weapon against the virus.

i agree...lets hope they get this implemented over here ASAP.......
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2020, 07:18:53 pm »
Even if immune you can still carry it from place to place surely?

dazmond

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2020, 07:20:11 pm »
Confused

do you not know anybody whos had the virus and recovered  yet dave?........one of my customers today said both her and her husband have had it....they are both well now........they reckon 80% of the population will get it... my mum has also recovered from it....

CleanClear

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2020, 07:33:26 pm »
Tescos now issued notices to their staff to inform Police (if stopped) they are essential workers going to work and detailing their shift times. Thats where we are headed, can't see them doing that for fun.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Dave Willis

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2020, 07:39:57 pm »

Confused

do you not know anybody whos had the virus and recovered  yet dave?........one of my customers today said both her and her husband have had it....they are both well now........they reckon 80% of the population will get it... my mum has also recovered from it....

No I don’t personally know anyone who’s proven to have it near me. What I don’t get is how some recover and yet others who are healthy die from it.
I still don’t understand the German theory do you?

G Griffin

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2020, 09:45:28 pm »
Even if immune you can still carry it from place to place surely?
I don't think they know a lot about immunity yet.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2020, 09:48:32 pm »
Thing is about testing people and they are shown to have anti-body resistance is they cant then go out there and carry on as if these restrictions wern’t  happening ir anyone else was in any danger. Those people  can still be carriers even once the virus had left their body.

Its not as plain sailing as it might initially appear.

Slacky

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2020, 09:49:13 pm »
Its about herd immunity not individual immunity.

dazmond

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2020, 10:34:07 pm »
the testings dodgy too......they swab your mouth and if they dont find anything they give you the all clear(like they did with my dad)and sent him home......they then phoned him up later that day and said they found the virus in his sputum that he d coughed up off his chest..... ::)roll

Slacky

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2020, 10:55:56 pm »
They’re never going to detect it immediately Daz. The test takes time. A few days ago the test they were using took 3 days.

Your Dads experience sounds par for the course.

G Griffin

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2020, 01:10:29 am »
A science-led scientist has modelled that we might develop agoraphobia after six months confinement.
The longest that I've ever done before is a four month stretch in Walton, That was for not going to work during a 'Stay Home' lockdown. But I was let down badly my briefs; they kept falling down in court. And my solicitor was useless; he had about as much idea about the law as a window cleaner.
I don't believe the science-led scientist though. I won't catch agoraphobia; I love spiders.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

edward1

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2020, 01:35:25 am »
I know I'm not getting any help as earnt over 50k for last few yrs.
so I'm going to continue although not a full round.

deeege

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2020, 07:58:10 am »
A science-led scientist has modelled that we might develop agoraphobia after six months confinement.
The longest that I've ever done before is a four month stretch in Walton, That was for not going to work during a 'Stay Home' lockdown. But I was let down badly my briefs; they kept falling down in court. And my solicitor was useless; he had about as much idea about the law as a window cleaner.
I don't believe the science-led scientist though. I won't catch agoraphobia; I love spiders.

We’re just coming upto day 8 and agoraphobia has already kicked in for a few people on here, It’s scary to think what they will be like after 3+ months.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Missing Link

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2020, 09:49:40 am »
We’re just coming upto day 8 and agoraphobia has already kicked in for a few people on here, It’s scary to think what they will be like after 3+ months.

Curled up, hands around their knees, rocking in a corner of their front room.

:'(
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

AuRavelling79

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2020, 10:39:43 am »
"March 27, 2020, 08:30:42 pm »
I closed on Tuesday and felt it right to shut but as I read the advice from the government I can see the guidance to work as well if you aren't specifically shut down.

I have two opposing feelings...  One is to stay at home and show solidarity with that over-arching view and two... to work and not be an unnecessary financial drain on the country's coffers.

I am thinking of returning to work next week as I believe that 75% of my round can be done with no risk to my customers but if deaths and an increasing number of cases are the catalyst for a more emotional shift in opinion I may defer."

I posted that on Friday. At that point I had seen "Our Nicola" saying window cleaners and gardeners may work and read government advice that occupations not specifically banned should work.

Having seen the "meeja" headline "heavy handed Police tactics", ITV's Coronavirus Q&A that (via Choi) window cleaners may work and the "Metro" headline I feel there is now a public awareness that working is allowed.

I personally know 3 less "comfortable financially" relative window cleaners who at the end of last week restarted and who are working but who are circumnavigating commercials who largely say "no" or who have shut and a minority of customers who say no.

My compass is swinging towards maybe I "should" work but is till magnetically pulled by "stay at home".

Undecided here but not worried about being undecided.

"Not getting a payout" - certainly during this three week period is no concern to me because ...

A) I believe I will be paid (as I have experience of several non-banned companies furloughing their staff and shutting shop) as the HMRC have emailed me to what I believe is that effect.

B) I (hopefully) have another smaller income.

C) I have enough financial resources to last and beyond.

So I have the luxury of sitting on the fence and painting it.
It's a game of three halves!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2020, 10:41:06 am »
I know I'm not getting any help as earnt over 50k for last few yrs.
so I'm going to continue although not a full round.

Is that after expenses? As in "Profit" before paying yourself.
It's a game of three halves!

JackieW

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2020, 12:24:15 pm »
"March 27, 2020, 08:30:42 pm »
I closed on Tuesday and felt it right to shut but as I read the advice from the government I can see the guidance to work as well if you aren't specifically shut down.

I have two opposing feelings...  One is to stay at home and show solidarity with that over-arching view and two... to work and not be an unnecessary financial drain on the country's coffers.

I am thinking of returning to work next week as I believe that 75% of my round can be done with no risk to my customers but if deaths and an increasing number of cases are the catalyst for a more emotional shift in opinion I may defer."

I posted that on Friday. At that point I had seen "Our Nicola" saying window cleaners and gardeners may work and read government advice that occupations not specifically banned should work.

Having seen the "meeja" headline "heavy handed Police tactics", ITV's Coronavirus Q&A that (via Choi) window cleaners may work and the "Metro" headline I feel there is now a public awareness that working is allowed.

I personally know 3 less "comfortable financially" relative window cleaners who at the end of last week restarted and who are working but who are circumnavigating commercials who largely say "no" or who have shut and a minority of customers who say no.

My compass is swinging towards maybe I "should" work but is till magnetically pulled by "stay at home".

Undecided here but not worried about being undecided.

"Not getting a payout" - certainly during this three week period is no concern to me because ...

A) I believe I will be paid (as I have experience of several non-banned companies furloughing their staff and shutting shop) as the HMRC have emailed me to what I believe is that effect.

B) I (hopefully) have another smaller income.

C) I have enough financial resources to last and beyond.

So I have the luxury of sitting on the fence and painting it.

That's my thoughts  and position  exactly. It frightens me how similar my views are to yours.