Stephen burton

Universal credit
« on: March 30, 2020, 02:50:46 pm »
Are we entitled to this and also the grant in June

NBwcs

Re: Universal credit
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 03:13:04 pm »
Yes but it's means tested, and they take your partners savings into account as well , if its over £16000,youll get nothing, if its between £6000 and £16000,youll get a reduced amount. Esa may be claimable if the government say we can't work. Good luck applying for either though, it's done as a phone interview and theres plenty of horror stories of people on the phone for hours, the system can't cope at the moment, but they have said it can be backdated when you eventually get through.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 03:18:20 pm »
You can apply online for UC and they will call you back. You will have answered most of the questions before they call you.

Comfortably Numb!

NBwcs

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 03:30:15 pm »
The waiting for hours thing must just be for esa claims then, which we can't get yet anyway.

Actually, most of us can't but those who've had nearly all their work wiped out because your just commercial might want to look into it.  And esa isn't means tested, just uc.

pikeman

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 03:31:38 pm »
I wonder if the grant is means tested. assuming we get it?

Granny

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 04:45:33 pm »
I wonder if the grant is means tested. assuming we get it?
From what I've heard it is not means tested but it is taxable.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 05:20:51 pm »
I would imagine it would be means tested and I bet it won't be easy to get it either not that I will be applying for

pikeman

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 05:29:47 pm »
Not sure you have to actually apply they'll get all the details from hmrc.

Dry Clean

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 06:38:33 pm »
Not sure how it works for the self employed by if you get made redundant you get a basic allowance for 6 months which is basically a NI refund, after that you will be accessed for savings, partners earnings and so on, if you have a family you may also be entitled to tax credits which you can claim for as soon as you're out of work/income drops.

James Styles

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 12:18:23 pm »
With universal credit can u still do a bit of work while on it or you have to completely stop? I’m asking as it’s weird how you can still work and get the grant in June

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 12:35:06 pm »
With universal credit can u still do a bit of work while on it or you have to completely stop? I’m asking as it’s weird how you can still work and get the grant in June

don't quote me on this James as I have never been on it, but I would imagine if you are earning below the minimum wage then surely you would be entitled to it?

James Styles

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 03:42:20 pm »
Yeah I can’t find anything about it really, was only thinking of doing the odd couple houses a month that are important customers but it’s not worth the risk, I just find it funny that those who can get a grant come June can carry on working.

Missing Link

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2020, 03:44:37 pm »
I just find it funny that those who can get a grant come June can carry on working.

Take some time off, chill, say you're protecting the NHS.

Just think of it as holiday pay.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

James Styles

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2020, 05:02:09 pm »
I just find it funny that those who can get a grant come June can carry on working.

Take some time off, chill, say you're protecting the NHS.

Just think of it as holiday pay.
Yeah I will do mate just hoping those few good customers will be understanding.

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2020, 05:34:45 pm »
Its based on your income or estimated income for the year.

Ive never claimed it but have claimed working and child tax credits before, universal credit replaces these. Its the same thing really.

So if your household income is say 15k you might get £400 a month, if you earn 20k you might get £200 a month, 25k  £100 a month etc. Figures are made up but thats how it works, when you earn over a certain amount you wont get nothing.

You should be able to do a calculation here   https://www.entitledto.co.uk/