Jan K

Re: Builders' cleans, what's the worst thing to expect in your opinion
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2005, 10:48:47 pm »
Hi Paul!

Thanx for that valuable advice.......now when I go look at a property I won't be so worried I am under pricing myself! ;D

Cheers!

Jan
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

BSF

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2005, 11:24:48 pm »
Hi Jan,

No problem, when a builder/developer gives you the sq ft of the property, always check for yourself, because it has been known for them to get it wrong, if you get my drift!

As I said check out the windows, they are a major part of the job.

regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

Jan K

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2005, 09:26:43 am »
yea windows are a real pain regardless of whether is after a build or a regular domestic clean.......my insurance excludes us from cleaning anything above 2 metres.....wonder if that's a standard clause with domestic cleaning insurance?

Jan
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

BSF

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2005, 06:19:45 pm »
Hi Jan,

Check your policy, I think you might find that it excludes external cleaning,  I'm a Ltd company so by law I have to have employers liability for ladder's, its very very expensive!  public liability is really cheap, this could open a can of worms, without giving too much away, their are cheaper ways of getting ladder insurance if your a Limited company.

But if your doing newbuilds you and/or your staff do need to be insured for external cleaning.

Regards

Paul

Regards

BSF

pristine cleaning

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2005, 07:08:53 am »
HI, WITH REGARDS TO CLEANING WINDOWS IT'S WORTH NOTING THAT ON SOME NEW PROPERTIES THE EXTERNAL PART OF THE WINDOW CAN BE CLEANED FROM THE INSIDE. THAY ARE "EASICLEAN" WINDOWS AND OPEN AND SLIDE, SO THE EXTERNAL PART CAN BE REACHED WITHOUT HAVING TO SIT ON THE WINDOWSILL OR LEAN OUT OF THE WINDOW (MOST DEFINITELY NOT ADVISABLE). ITS HARD TO DESCRIBE, BUT WHEN YOU SEE ONE YOU'LL KNOW WHAT I MEAN. I'M NOT SURE IF THEY ARE FITTED ON ALL NEW PROPERTIES BUT THEY ARE AN ABSOLUTE GODSEND ON 2 AND 3 STOREY BUILDINGS!!! HUGE HELP WITH THE INSURANCE SIDE OF THINGS TOO. MICHELLE  :-*

Jan K

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2005, 10:01:12 am »
Hi Paul!

Indeed you are right, I am NOT insured for exterior cleaning.......I don't often get requests for that in domestic cleaning but I guess it would all be part and parcel of a builder's clean!

The daftest thing I find myself saying is that we can't clean anything above 2 metres....but that proved me right as last week one of my girls was asked to clean some spider wens from the corner of a very high and difficult to reach room..........she lifted the vac up to stretch and reach over a bulky curtain pole and subsequently pulled her back hence ensuring she wasn't able to work the next day (one of her busiest). Needless to say, after seeing that she was ok, I gave her a slap on the hand and told her that she's not to do that again! She is one of my best girls and will quite often do more than she is contracted to do (which is good, but sooo baaad too)

Cheers!

Jan ;D

BSF

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2005, 08:06:46 pm »
Hi,

Yes Michelle your right alot of new properties do have windows that can be cleaned from the inside, which does make them less hassle, but be very cautious in regard to the insurance because it is still classed as external cleaning,

Regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

craig lindsey

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2005, 10:28:45 pm »
Starting with the worst, a tradesman had done a no2 in the toilet with no water in the bowl, S/M got plumber in replaced the toilet. sackable offence on most sites?.
Most builders send plans, as this is good because you dont have to visit the site, but i have learnt from experience that most houses are not as straight forward as the plan.(15)  4 bedroom houses with brass electro plated hinges covered in white paint, all paint had to be removed, always speak with the Q/S or Site Manager and ask him to sign for extras. They dont always like to pay for extras. just had plans to quote on 224 houses (daunting task).