newbroom

Re: Area Supervisor
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 06:27:26 pm »
Cant' believe the guy is simply asking for advice, not comment on his screen name.

Perhaps if people don't have anything positive to give regarding the subject they should refrain from posting.

dianegreenwood

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 06:31:12 pm »
I think our equivalent of an 'area supervisor' is our Operations Manager role whose sole purpose is to ensure the cleaning team have all the equipment and training and support they need to do a fantastic job and to cover for team absences/busy times when necessary.

If you'd like to message me via the contact page on my website bog brush I'll send you a job description (provided you're not in my area).

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2010, 06:59:38 pm »
Cant' believe the guy is simply asking for advice, not comment on his screen name.

Perhaps if people don't have anything positive to give regarding the subject they should refrain from posting.

isn't that slightly hypacritical as you have not put anything positive regarding the subject in your post.

in fact youve put 4 posts up and not one bit of help on the subject.

Pristine Clean

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2010, 07:16:08 pm »
very interesting reactions,

Yes the job role will vary from company to company. A managing director for a small company will get his hands dirty, still be making his own tea and most likely still drive a Ford KA.

An MD for a large coporate company will get the red carpet treatment. Have his own personal PA and teaboy and probably an Aston Martin. They both get the title Managing Director so which one really is an MD in your own eyes.

I think the first question is you need to ask yourself after finding out what role he/she will play in your hierarchy is: Do we require an area supervisor.

Now if you dont know what one is, then I would say you do not require one. But on the other hand that does not mean you do not require more staff or expansion plans.

You need to find out what you want this person to be doing for you, your company.

You need a goal or several goals that this individual is to acheive.

They have to bring something to the table in making your company flow and possibly allowing you to take a step back or allowing you to move forward so you can concentrate/focus on a certain area within your company.

If after reveiwing, all you want is someone to deliver some supplies and check the odd site or just one site then I would not call them an area superviser. Just employ a cleaner with varied duties or call them a mobile cleaner. Some companies pay an area superviser around £18 - £20,000, area Managers are on around £25,000 plus

I hope this helps.

Dave

"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

BDCS

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2010, 11:38:20 pm »
You say interesting - this is someone who buys a rotary for a job then comes on here and asks how to use it and what products you use with it. Now he asks about a area supervisor ? Bogbrush ? I'm sorry but he gave himself a derogatory tag

newbroom

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 08:29:52 am »
Not hypocritical at all, whilst you are right i haven't posted anything about the actual job title or description.i haven't posted sarky irrelevant posts either.

Big Al

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2010, 01:27:25 pm »
BDCS you are very wrong.

I bought a machine, I know how to use it, I was after more advise, that's what this forum is for, but maybe I'm wrong?!

I think maybe you are on the wrong forum?

As with the area super job, different comanies have different roles for this position, as we have found out from these posts!!!!

I'm not the good at explaining so feel you somewhat taking the p**s!!

sherco

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2010, 02:41:46 pm »
BDCS you are very wrong.

I bought a machine, I know how to use it, I was after more advise, that's what this forum is for, but maybe I'm wrong?!

I think maybe you are on the wrong forum?

As with the area super job, different comanies have different roles for this position, as we have found out from these posts!!!!

I'm not the good at explaining so feel you somewhat taking the p**s!!
I wasnt taking the pee...just needed to know a bit more about the question....Dont take things to heart on here, just a bit of banter..
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk