Blast Away

Re: Pressure washer work - is it seasonal?
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 03:33:24 am »
You must be getting close to cleaning every square inch of Manchester now Lee?!

We need to leave a few places dirty so we can do the clean ads!  ;)

Lee do you need hot water on that stuff? Wouldn't it come up just as good with cold water at half the cost of heat?

Faster with heat. We still used some hypo on the spots later too. Cold would have been tedious on this particular area.

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 11:07:43 am »
You must be getting close to cleaning every square inch of Manchester now Lee?!

We need to leave a few places dirty so we can do the clean ads!  ;)

Lee do you need hot water on that stuff? Wouldn't it come up just as good with cold water at half the cost of heat?

Faster with heat. We still used some hypo on the spot later too. Cold would have be tedious on this particular area.

Lee how do you hook up your water to the falch? Im guessing  you have a tank in the van and suck from that? I'm just trying to think of the best way to do it because iv got a trailer mount now but I dunno how to supply it properly.

Danny

Matt Gibson

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 11:21:58 am »
Can't you put a tank on the trailer with the machine? What kind of trailer mount is it? Self built or Purpose?

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 11:37:57 am »
Can't you put a tank on the trailer with the machine? What kind of trailer mount is it? Self built or Purpose?

Purpose built mate, its only a small trailer. Its got a twin cylinder lombardini, alternator, hotbox and belt driven pump. Nowhere to fit a tank mate

Matt Gibson

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 12:04:21 pm »
The guy i bought my machine off originally, had it on a trailer. He had a big 1000L baffled tank in his van with a hose coiled up. The hose had quick release connectors on it and so did the water inlet to the machine. You would have to source 3/4" QR connectors though, as you wouldnt want the hose to be any smaller than 3/4" on the water inlet. 

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2014, 01:09:20 pm »
The guy i bought my machine off originally, had it on a trailer. He had a big 1000L baffled tank in his van with a hose coiled up. The hose had quick release connectors on it and so did the water inlet to the machine. You would have to source 3/4" QR connectors though, as you wouldnt want the hose to be any smaller than 3/4" on the water inlet. 

How long was the hose mate? I was worried that the pump would struggle to suck the water through a longer length of hose, its only got a ws 201 on at the moment but im planning on putting on a ws 252.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2014, 01:32:20 pm »
The hose was JUST long enough to reach. If you have the outlet on the bottom of the tank, the gravity will help it feed the machine.

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 08:09:52 am »
The hose was JUST long enough to reach. If you have the outlet on the bottom of the tank, the gravity will help it feed the machine.

I was thinking it might be ok that way but then a few ppl say to give it twin water feeds to supply it properly 

Blast Away

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2014, 07:09:27 pm »
We run straight from hydrants. If there's a tap we'll use that. If the tap isn't fast enough flow or the hydrant is too far away then we fill up the 1000L tank on the van and connect the hoses to the pump and bypass and draw from that.

The Falch trailer systems have tanks in the base. 200L on the T3's and draw from there.