Griffus

Re: builders clean
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 10:41:51 pm »
I'm confused here...

We're deducted 20% when requested for CIS number on some jobs. Should I not be allowing it?

If the builder is part of the CIS and you have no exemption then you have no choice. Just be sure to get your monthly CIS statement.

Your remittances will also clearly show the deductions so worst case you'll have that to fall back on should there be any issues.

All works we carry out for all builders, including sales centres and show homes automatically attract the 20% deduction.

mike roberts

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 09:14:28 am »
thks seerclean for clearing up vat issure  ;D ;D

We dont do a massive amount onf new builds thank god... CIS still a mess... we have carried out work for a developer - external, CIS registered we did not pay CIS ..same as Rob and Matt have mentioned.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 11:05:21 am »
this is for the pressure washers. CIS isnt valid on any external cleaning.

See attached file..

mike roberts

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 11:34:22 am »
well done matt  ;D ;D what a great scheme :o  :P no wonder so much confusion..

I bet Rich is glad he added this post  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Matt Gibson

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 02:22:48 pm »
Yeah, I gave up some CIS before I found out about it. They don't make it very clear. But now I'm CIS freeeee  ;D

Griffus

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2011, 10:12:38 pm »
Yeah, I gave up some CIS before I found out about it. They don't make it very clear. But now I'm CIS freeeee  ;D

You can either offset what you paid against your tax-bil or put a claim in for a full refund.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 08:54:20 am »
Yeah i know its not money down the drain, but i just hated the hassle.

red star

Re: builders clean New
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 06:48:46 am »
all sounds a bit odd they way i see it
cis is basically no more this was mainly for construction workers self employed where 20% was ddt at source by the sub-contractor builder or egency etc whoever is paying the bill basically
all set by ir to get a bit before workers disappear

you now require a utr number and work as a sole trader limited  co etc again 20 % ddt in the same way unless you apply to inland venue to be applied gross  you get this after hitting around 42 grand turnover / trading for a set period of time i think it was around 6 months
if going down the gross route 1 big tax bill - ddts so no refunds
but you need to keep / set that aside or you end up in the po po
or the ir will take a standing order per month for a set amount and then + / _ worked out at the end of the year

then ddt all expenses etc in the usual way at the end of the year and get a tax tefund

all gets a bit more complicated when vats involved but kicks in when more moneys involved some works vat applicable others not etc

but in a nutshell all work is taxable be inside or out

also dont forget ni contributions this is up to you to pay

whatever way you go you still get shafted by the goverment (unless your cute)