♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: clx 22 0r pheonix 22
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 11:42:59 pm »
SLX 25, one pole does it all. ;)

Might but why carry that extra weight for a house or bungalow, plus 2 people can't use one pole!!!!!!

Have you worked with a SLX-25?

I've used one every working day for 5 years, it does most of my entire work. I have an Xtreme 47 with extension for work above 30ft. Before this I had a carbon facelift (old type) & owned or used various other poles & brushes including Ionics, various Unger, all Gardiner's range (including both modular & telescopic), extender, excel, Xtel, Harris ;D etc etc.

I'm almost 9 years wfp now & think I'm justified in recommending what I have found to be probably the best "one pole does it all" in the world! ;)

Yes I have.

It's down to everyone's way of working, about 80% of my work can be reached with an 18ft harris pole, why would I want to use a much bigger pole and carry extra weight when I don't need it!

I got one job that I need a 42ft pole on, does that mean I only got to have one pole and use that 42ft for everything?

You might have 9 years in it, but everyone works how they feel comfortable with.

At the moment I carry 5 poles in the van.
32ft pole, 2x18fts, 8ft tele pole and 4ft. Use 4ft on my bungalows and when there is a small gap between  conservatories and walls!

You see ricardo, I carry only one, my SLX 25 equipped with resi-neck swivel & Xtreme brush. This way I don't have to change poles for ANY situation- even the smallest of gaps down conservatories. I don't even have to bend down any to clean glass right down to the ground either.  ;)

R.C Property

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 11:50:34 pm »

Might but why carry that extra weight for a house or bungalow, plus 2 people can't use one pole!!!!!!

I've used one every working day for 5 years, it does most of my entire work. I have an Xtreme 47 with extension for work above 30ft. Before this I had a carbon facelift (old type) & owned or used various other poles & brushes including Ionics, various Unger, all Gardiner's range (including both modular & telescopic), extender, excel, Xtel, Harris ;D etc etc.

I'm almost 9 years wfp now & think I'm justified in recommending what I have found to be probably the best "one pole does it all" in the world! ;)

Yes I have.

It's down to everyone's way of working, about 80% of my work can be reached with an 18ft harris pole, why would I want to use a much bigger pole and carry extra weight when I don't need it!

I got one job that I need a 42ft pole on, does that mean I only got to have one pole and use that 42ft for everything?

You might have 9 years in it, but everyone works how they feel comfortable with.

32ft pole, 2x18fts, 8ft tele pole and 4ft. Use 4ft on my bungalows and when there is a small gap between  conservatories and walls!

You see ricardo, I carry only one, my SLX 25 equipped with resi-neck swivel & Xtreme brush. This way I don't have to change poles for ANY situation- even the smallest of gaps down conservatories. I don't even have to bend down any to clean glass right down to the ground either.  ;)

You might carry one, but when 2 are working you can't use just one!

Like I said before, why carry extra weight when I don't need to use it?
Im not swapping poles all the time,. Pick the right pole at the start of the job! Never need to bend over either

Plus if one on my poles break for any reason, I just walk back to van get other pole and carrying working, unlike anyone that carry only one pole!
 that's why I have 2pumps fitted in my van to!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 11:56:27 pm »

Yes I have.

You see ricardo, I carry only one, my SLX 25 equipped with resi-neck swivel & Xtreme brush. This way I don't have to change poles for ANY situation- even the smallest of gaps down conservatories. I don't even have to bend down any to clean glass right down to the ground either.  ;)

Im not swapping poles all the time,. Pick the right pole at the start of the job! Never need to bend over either

Plus if one on my poles break for any reason, I just walk back to van get other pole and carrying working, unlike anyone that carry only one pole!

You see Recardo, I never swap a pole, not even once up to 30ft- I picked the right one to begin with. MY pole also never breaks- never once in 5 years of it's use, not even close! ;) I also only need one pump, never needed two in 9 years of wfp. ;)

Do you see a pattern emerging here? ;D ;D

R.C Property

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 12:02:04 am »

Yes I have.

You see Recardo, I never swap a pole, not even once up to 30ft- I picked the right one to begin with. MY pole also never breaks- never once in 5 years of it's use, not even close! ;) I also only need one pump, never needed two in 9 years of wfp. ;)

Do you see a pattern emerging here? ;D ;D

Yer you are a one person in a van that thinks nothing would ever break! Lol

My van has 2 people working from it at times and if anything should break I'm covered and carry on working!! Lol

Had one pump stop working on me once half way through the day, I just walked back to the van, turned that pump off, turned other pump on, then carried on working, then fixed it when I got home! Things can happen, might never, but can happen, I'm like a boy scout, be  prepared! Lol

Mike @ Facelift

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 12:35:53 am »
Some say the Phoenix is the greatest pole in the world....
only some ???

The others haven't found out yet...

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 04:11:19 pm »
i have the 22ft CLX but i would say just buy an SLX mate.

seriously if its to be used as your main pole go for full carbon fibre and get a carbon gooseneck and extreme brush and you will have an awesome very light,very rigid pole which will allow you to wfp with the minimum of strain.

CLX is a great budget pole but a bit whippy at full stretch over extensions and connys.

regards

dazmond

I'd have to agree with Dazmond here, although a hybrid pole will work ok for window cleaning a carbon fibre is so much better. If you can afford it then I would bet the SLX. 

I can't speak for the facelift poles as I haven't used them but the Gardiner range is superb.  The clamps on both the SLX and CLX are the same and are brilliant as they are short saving so much pole length meaning that the collapsed length is very small.  The 22ft versions of their pole are brilliant as well as they make a good all rounder, ie every thing from bungalows to over conny roofs.

Simon.

Dave Willis

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 07:34:55 pm »
My one pole does everything is a thirty foot Xtreme  :o Bungalows to three storey including skylights. Superb pole.

Richard60

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 09:07:39 pm »
how high does the slx 25 reach .

KS Cleaning

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 11:11:04 pm »
Depends how tall you are :P

Window Washers

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 11:21:09 pm »
about 25 :0

sorry could not resist should do most three story work
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)