Rosemary Bolton

How much should I charge to buff some floors?
« on: September 04, 2013, 06:40:22 pm »
I would say the surface area would be about the same as all the floors in a 2 up 2 down small terrace and they do not want me to move desks, just buff around them.

I will need to buy a buffer and buff up (excuse the pun) on how to use one. I cannot see it taking more than an hour. What on earth should I be quoting?

Jamie Pearson

Re: How much should I charge to buff some floors?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 08:57:50 pm »
What do you normally charge per hour of labour?

How long is your contract and what kind of floor?

Rosemary Bolton

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 08:18:14 pm »
this is my first ever floor buffing. Normally contracts cost about 9 per hour plus vat but that is general office cleaning

Peter Gorman

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 08:03:55 pm »
When charging for this type of work you need to take into account the costs incurred to complete the work £9 per hour is fine for labour but what about travel to and from and transportation costs plus materials. Don't forget that this type of work needs to done out of hours when you would normally need to pay a premium rate. If you are not going to see a reasonable return then don't bother. Can you make a difference to the floor by just buffing or do you have to strip and reseal the floor if so you need scrubbing pads, buffing pads, Speed stripper, undercoat and high gloss polish and these all cost and it can take several hours to complete. I have a set rate per Sq. Ft and a minimum charge of 2500 Sq. Ft or it just isn't worth doing.