pjulk

Re: tubeless pole video
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 11:09:32 pm »
great idea joe i can see it working well and maybe a lot of other pole manufacturer's will do the same thing

Paul

NWH

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 11:11:22 pm »
They will not become next thing in my van unless there ultra light,you have to make sure that with whatever invention you have it dosen`t impare the weight of the pole,don`t forget everyones looking for light poles.

jouk45

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 11:17:33 pm »
They will not become next thing in my van unless there ultra light,you have to make sure that with whatever invention you have it dosen`t impare the weight of the pole,don`t forget everyones looking for light poles.
that is true, my idea can be sold as a kit to any supplier who stocks poles, and is place within any existing pole carbon or fibreglass, am not saying i am producing the pole, just demonstrating how it works, so it can be sold as a kit to fit existing poles, but i am sure manufactures would want to sell it already incorporated into their own make of pole,

jouk45

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 11:19:27 pm »
great idea joe i can see it working well and maybe a lot of other pole manufacturer's will do the same thing

Paul
not without licensing it they wont,

NWH

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 11:22:15 pm »
I can`t see the likes of Alex going for that,what real advantage does it give.Mega light pole length of hose job done.

jouk45

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 11:29:59 pm »
I can`t see the likes of Alex going for that,what real advantage does it give.Mega light pole length of hose job done.

there is vitrualy no weight in my idea, no more weight than the  standard  tubing already used in the poles,
or hanging outside them, dont forget the superlite is modular not telescopic,

LWC

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 11:40:25 pm »
great jo, and no connections getting snagged or broken wehn pulling a hose around....superb

steve m

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007, 11:42:31 pm »
ok, I sort of get what you've done. What I cant understand is the weight saving. Either the pole is full ofwater, that weighs a kilo a litre, or the pole wall will be very thick, which will weigh. Sorry if I sound like I'm slagging it off, I'm not ,just trying to understand

pjulk

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2007, 11:44:06 pm »
So when are you likely to be selling these kits as you can put me down for one.

Paul

jouk45

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2007, 12:58:58 am »
ok, I sort of get what you've done. What I cant understand is the weight saving. Either the pole is full ofwater, that weighs a kilo a litre, or the pole wall will be very thick, which will weigh. Sorry if I sound like I'm slagging it off, I'm not ,just trying to understand
sorry steve i had to leave that bit out as i did not want the other part of the idea stolen,   ok we have to carry either a backpack or trolley system to bring  portable water to our customers houses,   my idea was to make a device that combines with the pole, when you need it  to make up for the amount of water that is carried by the other systems,   i came up with a self refilling device, that refills in less than a minute, you can choose between 1 to 2 litres,   if you think about it,  the little time its in your hands the water is  being  use on the windows you are  cleaning,   you dont even feel any weight of the ,water,
look at the guys who carry the backpacks all day, i feel sorry for them, knowing what i have now. is just as fast,  smaller amounts of water, but the reflll makes up for the speed,

steve k

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2007, 07:56:23 am »
all this needs is a solid internal water tube the same diameter as the present pole hose.

If you try and patent this, the one that Halfords sell is far too similar.

steve m

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2007, 09:53:00 am »
jouk 45

I still cant picture it in my head. I will wait for it to come out and buy one to see. Good luck with the pole, if you think it will work, go do it and prove us all wrong.

steve

jouk45

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2007, 10:12:29 am »
all this needs is a solid internal water tube the same diameter as the present pole hose.

If you try and patent this, the one that Halfords sell is far too similar.
hi steve, i have already checked the patents, there is nothing there that even comes close to what i have done,
the funtion i have in my pole, uses the correct amount of water, the water does not fill up inside the pole sections like the car wash pole you are describing, that would be to heavy, and a waste of pure water, hope that makes it a bit clearer,

clean

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2007, 10:17:37 am »
So Jo,what are you waiting for?
"if this does exactly what it says on the tin" as so to speak,then lets get them out there and working,there is no point going on about something saying it so good then never seeing it in production !

jouk45

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2007, 10:25:47 am »
So Jo,what are you waiting for?
"if this does exactly what it says on the tin" as so to speak,then lets get them out there and working,there is no point going on about something saying it so good then never seeing it in production !
hi clean, i am not going on about anything?   only answering folks questions,  about my idea,
i do have to explain things,  and how do you know it will never go into production,??????

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2007, 10:32:26 am »
Hi Jouk,

It is always interesting talking to you and thanks for the video evidence of your project.

This idea is something that most of us would like to be able to use, even if it's just so that we do not have to coil up pole hose to put back in our vehicle.

You have been working on this idea for quite a while now, I for one hope that you manage to bring this to full fruition. The industry needs new ideas, whilst this industry works on very basic principles any incremental improvement on our work tools (the poles) is going to be of value. I remember about 18 months ago you posted about a hose-less pole and got everybody going, they all thought you were winding them up!

When you have fully protected the invention I will be interested to see more. Let's hope no one beats you to it, now that they know that it's possible.

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2007, 10:40:30 am »
Your right there Alex......... you might find it hard now to get it patented as you have shown everyone on here. If you watch Dragons den they all ask if anyone else knows about "it" as soon as you say "yes" thats it they dont want to know but hey good luck anyway

jouk45

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2007, 11:08:54 am »
Your right there Alex......... you might find it hard now to get it patented as you have shown everyone on here. If you watch Dragons den they all ask if anyone else knows about "it" as soon as you say "yes" thats it they dont want to know but hey good luck anyway
i will still get the patent, because the funtion is internal, and can not be seen, i am very lucky that way, so i can demonstrate it anytime without being in the public eye, all anyone is seeing is a normal everyday pole, alex i left the very valuable part of the invention out of the movie clip, that combines with the pole, its a unquie way of transporting water, jeff brown can back me up on that, as hes the only one i trust,  jeff has seen the full version video,  but  it is just a prototype i made up by myself
to save paying a company to do it, so a manufacturer with the investment can really dress it up to look better,

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2007, 12:41:53 pm »
Maybe also patent it for telescopic tapered poles as well, as there are two new designs about to take the wfp world by storm.

twt

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2007, 12:52:46 pm »
If I told you I had invented and built a protor type pole that does not have and does not need a hose or tubing? it has a built in flow control and has the facilities for a portable water function,

Now if you have difficult access restrictions, were you have trouble getting your hose or even a backpack to the rear of a property, then this pole is the answer, if you have to go through customers homes with hoses or backpacks along with your poles, then again this pole is the answer, you can work on these propertys with ease with no trailing hoses at your feet, but pure water is still being pumped upto the windows

ok the pole has no hose running through it but you still need to connect the pole to your pump with what ? a hose this hose is still going to have to be taken through a customers house or layed on the ground ner your feet. unless you are saying that the pole can be disconected from the hose for short periods and still maintain a flow from the brush, if so well done to you.