ScrimShady

Re: ufindus.com
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 03:11:35 pm »
I am glad its not just me because i have had this guy on the phone trying to sell me something i dont want and he just wont give up. F***ing Prat it really gets on my nerves when they wont take no for a answer.
Thanks All
ScrimShady

LSB

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 04:35:34 pm »
I have a basic free listing on there and havent had one call !  Also they seem to be phoning me very very regularly to offer me top listing for a supposed hundreds of customers looking for me on the internet !!

Mike_G

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2006, 04:59:01 pm »
Yeah Matthew phoned me this week, although when I told him I was not interested he did not try the hard sell which surprised me a little bit.

Pdh

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2006, 06:02:46 pm »
i put the phone down on one of their callers yesterday?also if you go onto their website to find an plumber etc for you area companys are shown who you hav never heard of and also the address dont sound or look correct ie spelling errors etc. 

newpy

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2006, 07:52:43 pm »
They will give up in the end! It took them two months for the message to sink in with me, continually calling up till 8:30 at night! >:( After wasting 30 mins of my time attepting to sell!

Wozza

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2006, 09:46:43 pm »
From what I have learned these people get your info from the free listing you put on there site.....and then it just sits in there database and they just keep calling you ! >:( >:(

Simple way to avoid these people is to NOT put your business on with them as a free add.... ;D ;D ;D

wimbledonhandyman

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2006, 11:25:30 pm »
They phoned me today! Told them straight away no thanks but do they listen? NO! Went on for ages about how good etc and how much work they could give me and didn't I want it. When I mentioned the paper article etc, didn't bat an eyelip and just kept on yaking, even told me I was a difficult customer as I was playing devils advocate.

After 20 minutes (I was having a sit down and a brew and was happy to yank their chain!) they said if I wasn't interested then they had other people who were at which point I remined them that my first sentance was NO!

Have a nice day now lady.....Brrrrrr...... ;D
CARPE DIEM QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.....

markybop

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 09:02:37 am »
Slight change of heart,
After alot of pestering and knocking there price down alot I
finally got a website of them and the 0845 no of em all in for £99......
Thought that was fairly cheap.......
Have a look and see wot you all think of it........

www.windowcleanerglasgow.com
or
www.mhwcleaners.co.uk

Any comments good or bad would be helpfull.......
splish-splash....give me the cash!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2006, 09:10:04 am »
Slight change of heart,

or
www.mhwcleaners.co.uk

Just a couple of small things:-

1)  We offer a full range of cleaning services using both Traditional methods plus the new Reach & Wash ladderless technology WITH which we can clean windows and fascias up to a height of 60ft safely from the ground using 100% purified water.

The sentence seems a bit long an unwieldy.  It also needs the word "with" in it where I have highlighted.

2) The "MAIN SITE" button is a broken link.

gmcs

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2006, 09:37:05 am »
Go for free listings they work better ............ These people at U (Can't ) findus are a pain in the backside they don't understand NEVER CALL ME AGAIN!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2006, 01:00:20 pm »
Go for free listings they work better ............ These people at U (Can't ) findus are a pain in the backside they don't understand NEVER CALL ME AGAIN!

That seems to be the way for me.  I paid for my Yellow Pages ad and the one in Thomson's is a freebie.  I've had more enquiries through Thomson's.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2006, 02:33:02 pm »
reply to marky bob mate i got this aswell just wait till you get the bill in for 135 pounds plus 14 pounds a month i phoned straight away to try and stop the transation guss what they had taken it befor the phone was down ive not payed a penny becase i tryed to cancell the servis right away would they except this would they f,,k
just watch them mate they are the worsed company i have ever dealt with ive been fighting them since 2004
there line was it is policy not to take cancelations over the phone  there quick enough to sell them over the phone  right
i just told them it was our company policy to cancel over the phone so shove that where it dont shine i dont even deal with them on phone now the wife does
becase i just loose the plot and start swearing down the phone at them  was ready to go to there head office and lamp the cheeky get that phoned me last time
STAY WELL CLEAR MATE GET OUT WHILE YOU HAVE A CHANCE

WavieDavie

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2006, 06:23:48 pm »
Slight change of heart,

or
www.mhwcleaners.co.uk

Did they supply the picture of the bloke with the wfp on the front page? I've seen that before somewhere else. Who nicked it from who?
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

markybop

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2006, 06:27:18 pm »
 ???How isit copyrighted?
That was the only pic i could find at the time, need to take ma camera too work..... ;D

Helen

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2006, 06:35:16 pm »
U couldn't find the U.S on a map is more like it.
Stay u away

markybop

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2006, 07:03:08 pm »
what are you onabout?

WavieDavie

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2006, 07:12:20 pm »
???How isit copyrighted?
That was the only pic i could find at the time, need to take ma camera too work..... Grin

Dunno - maybe you both nicked it   ;)

what are you onabout?

I think Helen means you should have read all through the replies on this thread  :'(
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park

markybop

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2006, 07:20:20 pm »
wots it gota do wi "Helen" nyway, gettin my own updated pic shortly......wouldn't want ny1 talkin about me......

WavieDavie

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2006, 07:34:19 pm »
Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?  :-*

Just about everyone on this thread has said to steer clear of ufindus. It doesn't matter how much you managed to beat him down by - IT'S A ROTTEN DEAL, YOU'LL GET NOTHING BACK FROM IT. CANCEL ASAP IF YOU CAN !!

Davie Park

markybop

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2006, 07:43:25 pm »
How wots wrong wi a website for a £100?
Where could you get one cheaper than that then? ???