paul mather

Re: Any fellow JW's out there
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2006, 12:37:36 am »
Well imagine doing that every weekend and you get an idea of how hard the preaching work can be. But hey no one makes me do it & although I've always been a witness I have to say that I wouldn't change it for the world.
And Dave you said if all witnesses were as nice as the ones you met then you would go to a kingdom hall well i've got news for you, they are all that nice, even though I do say it myself.
What other organisation do you know could you walk into a place of worship half way round the world and them greet you with open arms, it is a special religion.
Sorry just slipped into preaching mode then, will have to try and stop myself in future
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

paul mather

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2006, 12:45:05 am »
By the way Dave never heard of a LION is it a local charity or something all over the country?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2006, 12:48:27 am »
Paul

I know what you are saying but a think all chuches are friendly my father in law is Muslim, he slipped away from worship for about 15 years, gambling drinking etc, but now is back to praying etc, i think all religions should be able to put in as much or little as they want without being ostracised if thats how you spell it,

Anyway we need to keep this topic on track or the moderators will take a dim view

I think the world is full of nice people its just the odd few who spoil things .no matter what religion.

Anyway any more on here i count 6 apart from the other 500 who are just watching

Dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2006, 12:51:54 am »
Paul the Lions is the worlds biggest charitable organisation who have committees on a local level, we do more of the hands on stuff as regards to fundraising, we do fun days in the summer , harvest festivals , santa at christmas ,our branch raises about £15000 each year all raised by functions rather than donations or collecting

http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/index.shtml

paul mather

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2006, 12:57:52 am »
Well thats put me in my place, apologies for my ignorance, perhaps the reason we've got away with this thread 4 so long is because most sane wcs are tucked up in bed right now getting plenty of shut eye so they can do a full days work tomorrow.
 Me personally I'm finishing early tomorrow so I can watch Germany V Argentina game.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2006, 01:02:47 am »
what time is the kick off is it 3.00 pm friday,

The reason not many have heard of the loins is that we work for personal satisfaction rather than shouting from the rooftops, we are a service organisation so we dont have a begging bowl .all our money comes from our own sweat and most of the money is ploughed back into the local community, a lot is sent over sees for disaster relief and some is never seen, just last month we packed 100 shelter boxes which were sent off to the earthquake each box contained 3 huge tents to sleep 40 people each, water purification tablets , pillows and blankets, stuff like that you will never hear of, we work silently

Dave

paul mather

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2006, 01:06:56 am »
So what you're saying is you do a lot of good work for charity but don't like to talk about it, heard that before somewhere. Smashy & Nicey if I'm not mistaken.
Sadly I think some charities do more talking and not a great deal of doing, so fair play to you Dave, I admire you.

Match kicks off at 4
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2006, 01:09:03 am »
i dont mind talking about it or even blowing my own trumpet, its just that we get our heads down and get stuck in and never really look for the credit for it, or get any come to think of it

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2006, 01:09:52 am »
I am glad you told me about the football i thought it was on saturday

paul mather

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2006, 01:11:22 am »
Well thats my lot up the wooden hill to bedfordshire as my old mum used to say. I think me and you are the only ones left on this forum, have a good day 2morrow & don't work 2 hard
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2006, 01:13:06 am »
I never work too hard.

Work smart instead, theres no fool like a busy fool

Nice talking to you see you tommorrow

Ian_Giles

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2006, 06:24:24 am »
Guys, sorry but I'm going to have to lock this thread, it is a pleasant topic and it's non-offensive, but it has little to do with window cleaning, and most of the replies are only vaguely in line with the topic.

I've tried to move it to 'A Place To Chat', but unfortunately all I get is an errot report when I try to do so >:(

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES