Re: Any fellow JW's out there
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2006, 11:41:39 pm »
hi dave
have you taken that silly red rubber off you vikan brush yet

gary

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2006, 11:44:26 pm »
I have not bought one yet, i have been using top of the range, collapsing bristle brushes, you want to try them they are crap

Dave

paul mather

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2006, 11:44:47 pm »
Excuse me Gary do you mind I'm trying to talk to Dave about religion. I don't know, anybody would think this was a forum about Window cleaning.
Dave why would the moderators lock this thread, have they done it before?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2006, 11:49:49 pm »
Paul

Yes they have locked these threads before mainly because they are worried about offending JW, Its one thing wrong with this country all the minorities are over cosseted and protected to the extent where it becomes a taboo in case you say the wrong word,

I reckon i could be a minority here ( none JW window cleaner) so i may get some protection, maybe if you JW let the moderators know you dont mind the discussion then they will feel better, they can always move this topic to non related if they think it is not suitable here

Dave

master cleaner

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2006, 11:50:08 pm »
Excuse me Gary do you mind I'm trying to talk to Dave about religion. I don't know, anybody would think this was a forum about Window cleaning.
Dave why would the moderators lock this thread, have they done it before?

Sorry paul what was i thinking of  ;D ;D ;D

the moderaters might not lock it but could move it to another part of the forum , but i hope this doesnt happen as the post makes for interesting reading, and i am doing what was the point of the post, finding out how many witnesses are on this site.

gary

paul mather

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2006, 11:56:12 pm »
Just wondered Gary did you start window cleaning to pioneer like most of us. My career very quickly came to an end when I got married and had kids, so work full time now.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

jinky230

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2006, 12:01:45 am »
just a quicky for dave cleantech do a oblong vikan brush with no red cover if this helps you can carry on now guys

jinky

master cleaner

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2006, 12:03:39 am »
Just wondered Gary did you start window cleaning to pioneer like most of us. My career very quickly came to an end when I got married and had kids, so work full time now.

auxillary was the intention but with four kids i didnt quite get there , i took redundancy from a company called magnet and southerns and bought a windowcleaning round which only guranteed me £45 per week but that soon rocketed and now my son works with me and we dont use ladders at all for win cleaning. we work 3 days a week max in summer more in winter.

gary

paul mather

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2006, 12:07:32 am »
3 days, I must be doing something wrong, then again you sound a little older than me with grown up kids. All mine are in Junior school, don't remember eating that much when I was their age.
 Where did you say you are based & have you had your convention yet?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

supernova77

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2006, 12:08:18 am »
Hey - I'm a witness to... Down south in Farnham  :D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2006, 12:10:01 am »
thanks Jinky

Paul

Most who i have spoke to did start off so they could walk the beat, it seems to fit in so easy,

I bet you could tell some stories about knocking on doors, if thats what you do or did, i dont know , i may get into trouble here, thats why they lock these threads , ignorance mainly,

Do all witnesses have to do the doorknocking at some stage

Dave

Dave

paul mather

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2006, 12:10:44 am »
Nice to hear from you SCS. Wasn't sure this posting was a good idea but am know glad I did it.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

supernova77

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2006, 12:13:03 am »
It's a good post Paul... I almost asked the same question a couple of months ago, but didn't because I saw another religious post get locked.

Hopefully this one will stay open!

Andy

Morph

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2006, 12:15:14 am »
Notice underneath your picture of Jimi Hendrix is written all along the watchtower. Are you sure you're not a secret JW!!

You will also notice, paul, that I have made over 1,000 posts.  It should read well over 2,000 but I got fed up a couple of times and deleted myself.  I happen to like Bob Dylan lyrics a lot.  He wrote All along the Watchtower, I doubt he had Jehovah's witnesses in mind.  Jimi Hendrix did a superb cover of it.  Bob Dylan never says much outside his music, but he did say that song now belonged to Hendrix.  Quite an accolade.
In answer to your question, back on topic, I may be discreet, but I'm not secretive.

pjulk

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2006, 12:16:47 am »
This is an interesting thread.
Im not a JW but have worked with a couple and they were nice chaps.
I remember one around christmas time used to say they should make xmas day a working day as it was just like any other day to him.

Paul

master cleaner

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2006, 12:18:59 am »
3 days, I must be doing something wrong, then again you sound a little older than me with grown up kids. All mine are in Junior school, don't remember eating that much when I was their age.
 Where did you say you are based & have you had your convention yet?

Im based in rotherham s, yorks our convention is at leeds and starts tomorrow or should i say today.

dave to answer your question , yes all witnesses go out on the ministry it is the main part of our worship telling others.

gary

paul mather

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2006, 12:19:16 am »
I suppose to say all JWs have to doorknock would be wrong. It is expected that as a JW you involve yourself in the preaching work, after all if you believe you have something good to tell someone it's only natural that you would want to tell them.
Have to say I don't find the preaching work terribly easy as on the whole most peoples reactions range from complete hostility to total apathy.
And yes have come across my fair share of nut jobs on the doors. Remember having what seemed to be a very interesting conversation with a man for about 20 mins then his demeanour completely changed. Turned to me and said with a straight face; "of course you know I am a descendant of Jesus Christ through Robin Hood" I mean where do you go with that
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

paul mather

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2006, 12:22:19 am »
Gary i seriously think you should consider getting to bed. I find conventions more tiring than doing a full days work.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

master cleaner

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2006, 12:27:21 am »
Gary i seriously think you should consider getting to bed. I find conventions more tiring than doing a full days work.

night

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2006, 12:29:32 am »
In my younger days i was guilty of giving Jehovahs a hard time at the door, the biggest reason was probably ignorance.

I am a Lion and part of what we do is to put on a charity auction for charity anyhow i volunteered to collect the auction items from local businesses and shops, big mistake i nearly died of embarrassment, i felt like i was scrounging, needless to say i made my excuses and left it to the others,

It is bad enough when we take santa around at crimbo ,we knock the doors to say santa is outside in his sleigh all the time rattling out tins, i still get embarrassed doing that even after 4 years

Dave