paul mather

Any fellow JW's out there
« on: June 29, 2006, 06:04:46 pm »
If there are, it would be good to here from you.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

mlscontractcleaner

Re: Any fellow JW's out there
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 06:39:36 pm »
I know I'm going to regret asking this, but what is a JW   ??? ??? ???
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 06:42:36 pm »
I know I'm going to regret asking this, but what is a JW   ??? ??? ???

::) ::) ::) ;D ;D
Don't know if I can spell that one, but will give it a go, if its wrong I'm sure Paul will correct me.
 Jehovahs witness:-[ :-[

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 06:44:29 pm »
Jehovahs witness, I reckon at least 25% of window cleaners are jw, where i live i know a few jw window cleaners and one of them told me he knows of 18.

I think so many are attracted to the job through the flexibility of the hours.

jw are the nicest people i know, they have good family values and are extremely pleasant people.

P.s i am C of  A

paul mather

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 06:52:05 pm »
That is very nice to hear Dave, infact I'm filling up right now. Just wondered what C of A was, I always thought it was a shop that sold dodgy jumpers ;D ;D
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 06:59:43 pm »
Its church of  aethiasism

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 07:07:12 pm »
Well that's killed the conversation..... ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 07:12:50 pm »
I went out for a pint with a jw window cleaner a few months back, poor guy was slaughtered after 4 pints

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 07:27:49 pm »
I went out for a pint with a jw window cleaner a few months back, poor guy was slaughtered after 4 pints
Slaughtered after 4 pints  :o :o

It only takes 3 pints for me to be hammered  ;D ;D

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 07:30:12 pm »
A local JW has been trying to convert me; he's given me a copy of 'The Knowledge'.

It's great for keeping my ladder straight when I'm using it on a slope.  (Sorry, that's a crass joke, I know; it's in my car; I'll read it promise; sometime.)

But yes, there's probably more JW window cleaners than non-JW window cleaners where we live and work.

They're all good blokes and I'm on friendly terms with all of them.

master cleaner

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 09:17:50 pm »
ive been one of Jehovahs witnesses for nearly 20 years i became a window cleaner 12 years ago and there are loads of us that clean windows , it give us more time for the ministry work.

gary

garry

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 09:23:06 pm »
[/q
 didnt think they were allowed to drink ;D no drunk will enter the kingdom of heaven says that somewhere in bible that must count him out mind you only 144.000 get there so that counts most jw out and born again christians ;D mormens all these jesus cults round the world as well.
brillant idea i join them all that way i be safe ;D saw omen other day so antichrist must be here :( so better do it quick ;D

master cleaner

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 09:26:58 pm »
[/q
 didnt think they were allowed to drink ;D no drunk will enter the kingdom of heaven says that somewhere in bible that must count him out mind you only 144.000 get there so that counts most jw out and born again christians ;D mormens all these jesus cults round the world as well.
brillant idea i join them all that way i be safe ;D saw omen other day so antichrist must be here :( so better do it quick ;D

i can enjoy a drink without getting drunk, i wont go into the rest of your post as i am interested in how many jws are on this site and dont want it to turn into a religious post or it will be locked

so come on how many are there

gary

Jon T.C.

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 09:28:16 pm »
GLR

Just wondering:-

When your out door knocking, do you also give them a window cleaning flyer?

Kind regards Jon

ps No offence meant.
Elite Cleaning Solutions

master cleaner

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 09:31:30 pm »
GLR

Just wondering:-

When your out door knocking, do you also give them a window cleaning flyer?

Kind regards Jon

ps No offence meant.

hi jon no offence taken , the answer is no i dont mix business with pleasure

gary

jeff1

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 09:32:56 pm »
just a question while your all on this subject,

Down the road from me is a small religious hall, Now I don't know what religion it is, but all the females wear head scarfs, does anyone know what religion that is?

garry

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 09:36:21 pm »
just a question while your all on this subject,

Down the road from me is a small religious hall, Now I don't know what religion it is, but all the females wear head scarfs, does anyone know what religion that is?
could be plymouth brethen

master cleaner

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 09:37:56 pm »
its not jws
if i had a guess i would say muslim but it would only be a guess

gary

come on are there no jws out their

Jon T.C.

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 09:41:17 pm »
I think one of the smaller manufacturers is JW.

for there privacy, e-mail me GLR

Kind regards Jon
Elite Cleaning Solutions

master cleaner

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 09:50:33 pm »
I think one of the smaller manufacturers is JW.

for there privacy, e-mail me GLR

Kind regards Jon

i dont know your e-mail Jon
mine is
gary@gary1000.free-online.co.uk

gary

markybop

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 09:59:04 pm »
Where are you from paul and gary, i'm dumbarton........
splish-splash....give me the cash!

master cleaner

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 10:04:27 pm »
Where are you from paul and gary, i'm dumbarton........

Rotherham south yorkshire

gary

jeff1

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 10:11:39 pm »
its not jws
if i had a guess i would say muslim but it would only be a guess

gary

come on are there no jws out their
No there not muslims, These lady's wear little blue head scarf's

Bonzer

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 10:15:48 pm »
I'm a JW too. There at least 5 other WC's in our local area who are also JW's.

Archy136

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2006, 10:16:19 pm »
Paul this is an interesting topic being a witness myself but probably pretty boring for everyone else.

I have wondered aswell how many on here are witnesses and have dropped one liners in a couple of times to see if anyone picked on them but I got accused of 'preaching' which I wasnt doing. Only PJ picked up on my one liners and he made it clear he wasnt a witness.

Maybe you should start a poll and in that way we would find out without bothering anyone.

BTW I do enjoy the ocasional beer!

beefy

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2006, 10:19:57 pm »
i was working away & a very nice polite lady tapped me on the shoulder & said are you a jw i said no lady im a window cleaner!!! we then had a v.good conversation about her son in law whod been some kind of top engineer & gone w/cleaning to have more time for his faith. fair play to em. dont understand them but they dont seem as snide as most religeons

Morph

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2006, 11:01:47 pm »

If he managed to sink 4 to your 1, I'm not surprised!

Nice to see the Avatar back old Seagull ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2006, 11:04:00 pm »
it was long overdue , i never drink more than 12 pints these days

paul mather

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2006, 11:06:28 pm »
In answer to your question Markybop I originally come from Peterborough but have lived in Warrington for the last 7 years. Have cleaned windows off & on for the past 18 years so I suppose I don't hate it that much.
 Have took the plunge and bought a WFP system from Kirsty at Gardiners today so will let you know how I get on. Sorry didn't reply sooner got back from Thursday meeting late and just sat down.

Regards Paul
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

paul mather

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2006, 11:12:22 pm »
In answer to your question Jeff1 would like to bet that they are Plymouth Bretheren. Oh I forgot we don't bet, but I  definetely do like a beer or two, especially whilst watching the footy. :P :P :P :P
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2006, 11:14:44 pm »
A quick question sorry its slightly off topic, can anyone just turn up at kingdom hall or is it invite only ?

master cleaner

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2006, 11:19:31 pm »
A quick question sorry its slightly off topic, can anyone just turn up at kingdom hall or is it invite only ?

everyone  is welcome and we would make them welcome as well

gary

paul mather

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2006, 11:20:14 pm »
Now you do realise that you have asked the one question that you should never ask of a JW, we won't leave you alone now because we sniff a bit of interest!!

Seriously though any body can walk into a kingdom Hall just like any church. The meeting that takes place on a Sunday is specially designed for people who are non witnesses. Why are you thinking of going Dave?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Morph

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2006, 11:25:14 pm »
Paul this is an interesting topic being a witness myself but probably pretty boring for everyone else.

I have wondered aswell how many on here are witnesses and have dropped one liners in a couple of times to see if anyone picked on them but I got accused of 'preaching' which I wasnt doing. Only PJ picked up on my one liners and he made it clear he wasnt a witness.

Maybe you should start a poll and in that way we would find out without bothering anyone.

BTW I do enjoy the ocasional beer!

I remember a discussion about using foreign workers recently, when I was misunderstood, which easily happens on here, but I don't remember making any accusations.

paul mather

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2006, 11:27:28 pm »
Notice underneath your picture of Jimi Hendrix is written all along the watchtower. Are you sure you're not a secret JW!!
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2006, 11:30:44 pm »
well i was thinking if i went once that might stop them knocking at my door on my day off , always when i need a bl**dy lie in.

Only joking

Honestly if i thought all JW were as nice and genuine as the ones i have met and know, i would be there like a shot.
I have spoke to a lot of jw socially, a wc who lives in my same street who i speak to every day and none of them have done the preaching like when they are out doorknocking.

Meeting JW socially rather than being doorknocked dont half change your impression of the religion

Dave

JM123

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2006, 11:33:36 pm »
I'm a witness too - I know of at least 20 other witness wcs near me - WE'RE TAKING OVER HAHAHAHA ;D
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2006, 11:34:32 pm »
I hope the moderators dont lock this topic as it is really enlightening, I know they say never discuss religion but if everyone stays away from "my religion is better than yours " or derogitory remarks it may stay open with some sensitive monitoring.

Dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2006, 11:35:24 pm »
Do you have to pay a percentage of your earnings, i know mormons do and muslims also ?

paul mather

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2006, 11:39:43 pm »
No we don't Dave, although our whole organisation is run on voluntary contributions which mostly come from JWs themselves. But there is no collection plate, just a box at the back of the hall.
 You sound like a thoroughly good bloke and I'd gladly have a pint with you  anytime. Betta go now it's starting to sound like a love-in
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

master cleaner

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2006, 11:41:39 pm »
hi dave
have you taken that silly red rubber off you vikan brush yet

gary

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2006, 11:44:26 pm »
I have not bought one yet, i have been using top of the range, collapsing bristle brushes, you want to try them they are crap

Dave

paul mather

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2006, 11:44:47 pm »
Excuse me Gary do you mind I'm trying to talk to Dave about religion. I don't know, anybody would think this was a forum about Window cleaning.
Dave why would the moderators lock this thread, have they done it before?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2006, 11:49:49 pm »
Paul

Yes they have locked these threads before mainly because they are worried about offending JW, Its one thing wrong with this country all the minorities are over cosseted and protected to the extent where it becomes a taboo in case you say the wrong word,

I reckon i could be a minority here ( none JW window cleaner) so i may get some protection, maybe if you JW let the moderators know you dont mind the discussion then they will feel better, they can always move this topic to non related if they think it is not suitable here

Dave

master cleaner

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2006, 11:50:08 pm »
Excuse me Gary do you mind I'm trying to talk to Dave about religion. I don't know, anybody would think this was a forum about Window cleaning.
Dave why would the moderators lock this thread, have they done it before?

Sorry paul what was i thinking of  ;D ;D ;D

the moderaters might not lock it but could move it to another part of the forum , but i hope this doesnt happen as the post makes for interesting reading, and i am doing what was the point of the post, finding out how many witnesses are on this site.

gary

paul mather

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2006, 11:56:12 pm »
Just wondered Gary did you start window cleaning to pioneer like most of us. My career very quickly came to an end when I got married and had kids, so work full time now.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

jinky230

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2006, 12:01:45 am »
just a quicky for dave cleantech do a oblong vikan brush with no red cover if this helps you can carry on now guys

jinky

master cleaner

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2006, 12:03:39 am »
Just wondered Gary did you start window cleaning to pioneer like most of us. My career very quickly came to an end when I got married and had kids, so work full time now.

auxillary was the intention but with four kids i didnt quite get there , i took redundancy from a company called magnet and southerns and bought a windowcleaning round which only guranteed me £45 per week but that soon rocketed and now my son works with me and we dont use ladders at all for win cleaning. we work 3 days a week max in summer more in winter.

gary

paul mather

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2006, 12:07:32 am »
3 days, I must be doing something wrong, then again you sound a little older than me with grown up kids. All mine are in Junior school, don't remember eating that much when I was their age.
 Where did you say you are based & have you had your convention yet?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

supernova77

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2006, 12:08:18 am »
Hey - I'm a witness to... Down south in Farnham  :D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2006, 12:10:01 am »
thanks Jinky

Paul

Most who i have spoke to did start off so they could walk the beat, it seems to fit in so easy,

I bet you could tell some stories about knocking on doors, if thats what you do or did, i dont know , i may get into trouble here, thats why they lock these threads , ignorance mainly,

Do all witnesses have to do the doorknocking at some stage

Dave

Dave

paul mather

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2006, 12:10:44 am »
Nice to hear from you SCS. Wasn't sure this posting was a good idea but am know glad I did it.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

supernova77

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2006, 12:13:03 am »
It's a good post Paul... I almost asked the same question a couple of months ago, but didn't because I saw another religious post get locked.

Hopefully this one will stay open!

Andy

Morph

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2006, 12:15:14 am »
Notice underneath your picture of Jimi Hendrix is written all along the watchtower. Are you sure you're not a secret JW!!

You will also notice, paul, that I have made over 1,000 posts.  It should read well over 2,000 but I got fed up a couple of times and deleted myself.  I happen to like Bob Dylan lyrics a lot.  He wrote All along the Watchtower, I doubt he had Jehovah's witnesses in mind.  Jimi Hendrix did a superb cover of it.  Bob Dylan never says much outside his music, but he did say that song now belonged to Hendrix.  Quite an accolade.
In answer to your question, back on topic, I may be discreet, but I'm not secretive.

pjulk

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2006, 12:16:47 am »
This is an interesting thread.
Im not a JW but have worked with a couple and they were nice chaps.
I remember one around christmas time used to say they should make xmas day a working day as it was just like any other day to him.

Paul

master cleaner

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2006, 12:18:59 am »
3 days, I must be doing something wrong, then again you sound a little older than me with grown up kids. All mine are in Junior school, don't remember eating that much when I was their age.
 Where did you say you are based & have you had your convention yet?

Im based in rotherham s, yorks our convention is at leeds and starts tomorrow or should i say today.

dave to answer your question , yes all witnesses go out on the ministry it is the main part of our worship telling others.

gary

paul mather

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2006, 12:19:16 am »
I suppose to say all JWs have to doorknock would be wrong. It is expected that as a JW you involve yourself in the preaching work, after all if you believe you have something good to tell someone it's only natural that you would want to tell them.
Have to say I don't find the preaching work terribly easy as on the whole most peoples reactions range from complete hostility to total apathy.
And yes have come across my fair share of nut jobs on the doors. Remember having what seemed to be a very interesting conversation with a man for about 20 mins then his demeanour completely changed. Turned to me and said with a straight face; "of course you know I am a descendant of Jesus Christ through Robin Hood" I mean where do you go with that
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

paul mather

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2006, 12:22:19 am »
Gary i seriously think you should consider getting to bed. I find conventions more tiring than doing a full days work.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

master cleaner

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2006, 12:27:21 am »
Gary i seriously think you should consider getting to bed. I find conventions more tiring than doing a full days work.

night

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2006, 12:29:32 am »
In my younger days i was guilty of giving Jehovahs a hard time at the door, the biggest reason was probably ignorance.

I am a Lion and part of what we do is to put on a charity auction for charity anyhow i volunteered to collect the auction items from local businesses and shops, big mistake i nearly died of embarrassment, i felt like i was scrounging, needless to say i made my excuses and left it to the others,

It is bad enough when we take santa around at crimbo ,we knock the doors to say santa is outside in his sleigh all the time rattling out tins, i still get embarrassed doing that even after 4 years

Dave

paul mather

« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2006, 12:37:36 am »
Well imagine doing that every weekend and you get an idea of how hard the preaching work can be. But hey no one makes me do it & although I've always been a witness I have to say that I wouldn't change it for the world.
And Dave you said if all witnesses were as nice as the ones you met then you would go to a kingdom hall well i've got news for you, they are all that nice, even though I do say it myself.
What other organisation do you know could you walk into a place of worship half way round the world and them greet you with open arms, it is a special religion.
Sorry just slipped into preaching mode then, will have to try and stop myself in future
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

paul mather

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2006, 12:45:05 am »
By the way Dave never heard of a LION is it a local charity or something all over the country?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2006, 12:48:27 am »
Paul

I know what you are saying but a think all chuches are friendly my father in law is Muslim, he slipped away from worship for about 15 years, gambling drinking etc, but now is back to praying etc, i think all religions should be able to put in as much or little as they want without being ostracised if thats how you spell it,

Anyway we need to keep this topic on track or the moderators will take a dim view

I think the world is full of nice people its just the odd few who spoil things .no matter what religion.

Anyway any more on here i count 6 apart from the other 500 who are just watching

Dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2006, 12:51:54 am »
Paul the Lions is the worlds biggest charitable organisation who have committees on a local level, we do more of the hands on stuff as regards to fundraising, we do fun days in the summer , harvest festivals , santa at christmas ,our branch raises about £15000 each year all raised by functions rather than donations or collecting

http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/index.shtml

paul mather

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2006, 12:57:52 am »
Well thats put me in my place, apologies for my ignorance, perhaps the reason we've got away with this thread 4 so long is because most sane wcs are tucked up in bed right now getting plenty of shut eye so they can do a full days work tomorrow.
 Me personally I'm finishing early tomorrow so I can watch Germany V Argentina game.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2006, 01:02:47 am »
what time is the kick off is it 3.00 pm friday,

The reason not many have heard of the loins is that we work for personal satisfaction rather than shouting from the rooftops, we are a service organisation so we dont have a begging bowl .all our money comes from our own sweat and most of the money is ploughed back into the local community, a lot is sent over sees for disaster relief and some is never seen, just last month we packed 100 shelter boxes which were sent off to the earthquake each box contained 3 huge tents to sleep 40 people each, water purification tablets , pillows and blankets, stuff like that you will never hear of, we work silently

Dave

paul mather

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2006, 01:06:56 am »
So what you're saying is you do a lot of good work for charity but don't like to talk about it, heard that before somewhere. Smashy & Nicey if I'm not mistaken.
Sadly I think some charities do more talking and not a great deal of doing, so fair play to you Dave, I admire you.

Match kicks off at 4
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2006, 01:09:03 am »
i dont mind talking about it or even blowing my own trumpet, its just that we get our heads down and get stuck in and never really look for the credit for it, or get any come to think of it

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2006, 01:09:52 am »
I am glad you told me about the football i thought it was on saturday

paul mather

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2006, 01:11:22 am »
Well thats my lot up the wooden hill to bedfordshire as my old mum used to say. I think me and you are the only ones left on this forum, have a good day 2morrow & don't work 2 hard
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2006, 01:13:06 am »
I never work too hard.

Work smart instead, theres no fool like a busy fool

Nice talking to you see you tommorrow

Ian_Giles

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2006, 06:24:24 am »
Guys, sorry but I'm going to have to lock this thread, it is a pleasant topic and it's non-offensive, but it has little to do with window cleaning, and most of the replies are only vaguely in line with the topic.

I've tried to move it to 'A Place To Chat', but unfortunately all I get is an errot report when I try to do so >:(

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES