8weekly

Re: Gutter cleaning job I carried out today.
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 10:39:19 am »
I take it you worked out the price being £3.50 per min not metre then.  Or put it another way £210 per hour.
And I thought my prices where dear to pay someone just with a ladder waving a stick about  ;D ;D

Merlin used to wave a stick about and he was a wizard. You can justify anything in this world if you need to do. Guilty conscience?  Na, not me ;)
I think you've gutter cheek.

lal

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2016, 11:10:43 am »

Nice job Slack, good earner for 90 minutes work  :),  i did a gutter job yesterday, just the fronts of 2 terraced houses, it was
  an absolute pig of a job to do, the gap between  the tiles and gutter was so tight in most parts, you couldn't even get your
  hand in to do it manually, both owners had tried to do it themselves off a ladder but gave up, i reckon i cleared 95% of it
 with a gutter vac with the thinnest tool attachment, it took me hours to do, i had to literally force the tool into the gap gradually working along the length of the gutter, i would have said no to this job but for the couple being old friends of my wife.

DaveG

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2016, 11:44:58 am »
Hi Matt, where did you get that gutter tool?
You can't polish a turd

Tosh

*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2016, 04:52:28 pm »
I take it you worked out the price being £3.50 per min not metre then.  Or put it another way £210 per hour.
And I thought my prices where dear to pay someone just with a ladder waving a stick about  ;D ;D

Merlin used to wave a stick about and he was a wizard. You can justify anything in this world if you need to do. Guilty conscience?  Na, not me ;)
I think you've gutter cheek.

Thats probably what they guy said too when he got presented with the bill  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2016, 05:01:27 pm »
If you want both square line and half round B&Q also sell them too. http://www.diy.com/search?Ntt=progutter

Smurf

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2016, 05:06:23 pm »

Nice job all the same  ;)
I take that field came in handy to dump all the crap in it too ... slack the mud slinger springs to mind ;D

Tosh

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2016, 09:07:11 pm »
It's where the leaves came from ;) It would've been theft if I'd taken them away 😎

I didn't charge £315.00 btw, half that actually 😜😜😜
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2016, 09:23:07 pm »
As spruce said you should have stuck with 315 inclusive of danger money. Mind always best to get the price agreed first before  doing any job redgardless how quick you can do it ;)

Tosh

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2016, 09:27:58 pm »
It was £165.00. Took an hour.

Smurf

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2016, 10:40:05 pm »
If you were happy with the price then that is all that matters   ;)

Smurf

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2016, 02:20:24 pm »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROGUTTER-Half-Round-Universal-Gutter-Cleaning-Scrapper-/152188583632

Cheers

At £16.76 starbuy (sellers name) my arse  :o  B&Q sell them in their stores for £7 each http://www.diy.com/search?Ntt=progutter
That just goes to show not all listings on flebay are bargains...I did post a link earlier you know  ;D