Does Ubik2000 stain upvc and windows?
« on: September 07, 2016, 07:24:35 pm »
Hi, I've been using the search function and views seem to be mixed whether this stuff stains or not, if it's not rinsed off quickly.

Got a big domestic fascia and conservatory roof clean this saturday and just want to make sure it is safe to use.

Some say virosol stains, some say it doesn't. Some say Ubik stains, some say it doesn't I'm confused  :-\

stevejohn

Re: Does Ubik2000 stain upvc and windows?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 08:42:11 pm »
I used UBIK recently on a large conservatory roof, very dirty glass and a lot of stains and green on the plastic. Pure water alone did an average job, a couple of sprays on the brush of diluted UBIK and a light scrub then rinse made all the difference.

I to was a first time user to the product and wary because of other reviews of stains but did as advised and kept to workable areas and rinsed before it dried and it came out great.

It was a nursing home the owner was so pleased with the result it is now to be a semi regular roof clean and also secured the regular window cleaning so I was very happy with the results it gave.

chris turner

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 09:24:23 pm »
Squirt some cif cream on your brush, much better then ubik or virasol..

capn sparkle

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 11:20:54 pm »
Hi Roberto - this is what I do (someone will be along later to tell you it's wrong - but it works for me)

1ltr pump up sprayer filled with 50% pure 50% Viro-sol

Gutters n Soffits
Spray brush with mixture ^^ .... extend pole and wet gutters n soffits properly, 5 meters or 15 ft at a time. Turn off water and scrub the mixture into the soffits (as you're scrubbing the Viro-Sol will be eating into the dirt).

I'm really anal about quality so I re-scrub as above with a trickle of water then go back to the start and clean everything on full flow. After that, rinse it all off, again properly.

However well you clean it there will always be dirty coloured water drips - wrap a sill cloth over your brush and run it once under the soffits for the perfect finish.

Good Luck

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 12:01:42 am »
Hi, I've been using the search function and views seem to be mixed whether this stuff stains or not, if it's not rinsed off quickly.

Got a big domestic fascia and conservatory roof clean this saturday and just want to make sure it is safe to use.

Some say virosol stains, some say it doesn't. Some say Ubik stains, some say it doesn't I'm confused  :-\

Personally I stopped using ubik and virosol for that same reason yonks ago.  Also they are not really suitable for glass.
Once you see with your own eyes white grubby plastic stain yellow you will stop using them too. Oop!  ;D ;D

dave f

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 06:38:51 am »
what i  have been using for years is tfr at 50/50 works well no staining .

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 06:58:38 am »
ive been using virosol for years diluted in  5L pressure sprayer.ive used it for f/s/g cleans,conny roofs and really dirty first cleans.never had a problem with staining.

just dont be stupid and spray it undiluted on a hot sunny day then go and get your lunch! ;D

same probably goes for ubik(or any cleaning chemical for that matter).dont leave it to "dwell" for any longer than 5-10 mins before scrubbing and rinsing.
price higher/work harder!

SeanK

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 07:06:17 am »
Iv done three fsg jobs this week all with water straight from the customers tap and no chemicals, not joking the difference
in time and effort has actually made me want to take these jobs on again., one was a fairly large property in which I halved my usual time.
To be honest I don't think any of these chemicals make much or any difference for this type of work and as Chris stated Cif worked as well as any of them.

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 07:49:24 am »
Ok thanks. I'll just dilute it and spray on the brush and use it on and stubborn stains for now. Luckily the fascia/soffit aint bad at all the conservatory roof is going green though.

Have a spray lance and backpack, might try experimenting pre spraying some of the conservatory roof panels and let it soak in for a few minutes then clean off.

Will try the customer tap thing to if i get a  chance  ;)

chris turner

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 01:15:29 pm »
Ok thanks. I'll just dilute it and spray on the brush and use it on and stubborn stains for now. Luckily the fascia/soffit aint bad at all the conservatory roof is going green though.

Have a spray lance and backpack, might try experimenting pre spraying some of the conservatory roof panels and let it soak in for a few minutes then clean off.

Will try the customer tap thing to if i get a  chance  ;)

Ubik, virasol etc I find are great on con roofs. Wet the roof first then spray the entire roof in chems, leave for a few minutes then wash off. The dirt melts away.

For fascias I find the chems a ball ache, cif is quicker and does a better job. Literally one squirt of cif on your brush can cover an entire length of fascia.

duncan h

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2016, 11:43:02 am »
ive been using virosol for years diluted in  5L pressure sprayer.ive used it for f/s/g cleans,conny roofs and really dirty first cleans.never had a problem with staining.

just dont be stupid and spray it undiluted on a hot sunny day then go and get your lunch! ;D

same probably goes for ubik(or any cleaning chemical for that matter).dont leave it to "dwell" for any longer than 5-10 mins before scrubbing and rinsing.
Me too mate. I dilute Virosol about 8to1 very roughly. I put it in my lance spray. It just reaches semis. Spray from the ground, then rub with brush. If customer has a good water pressure and outside tap, I hose it down