colin bird

Brexit losing jobs
« on: June 30, 2016, 08:40:11 pm »
Since last Thursday I've lost two regular customers'due to coming out of the Eu,which surprises me as nothing will happen for a while ,has anyone had the same ?

nathankaye

Re: Brexit losing jobs
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 08:50:25 pm »
How come?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

colin bird

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 08:55:14 pm »
How come?
One was Romanian,and the company he was contracting to was waiting for the referendum result so he's now out of work,the other was a lady approx 65  and  is  just overreacting and thinks the world is coming to the end

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 09:17:23 pm »
Last Friday I visited a client who asked me when I was there what I thought of the result. I told her I voted Leave so was chuffed. her husband is a banker in London, for Goldman Sachs, so she was disappointed. Anyway, when it came to paying for the clean she said 'Don't bother next Matt, we'll get another window-cleaner thanks'.

I turned to look at her, but she was smiling - obviously joking, but it did make me think for a second.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

colin bird

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 09:28:06 pm »
Last Friday I visited a client who asked me when I was there what I thought of the result. I told her I voted Leave so was chuffed. her husband is a banker in London, for Goldman Sachs, so she was disappointed. Anyway, when it came to paying for the clean she said 'Don't bother next Matt, we'll get another window-cleaner thanks'.

I turned to look at her, but she was smiling - obviously joking, but it did make me think for a second.
Good luck at as she's still a  customer

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 07:10:23 am »
I think Cameron was a Remanian .

andyM

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 08:16:51 am »
I'm turning work away!  :o
But I've stopped accepting Euros.
One of the Plebs

SeanK

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 08:58:24 am »
Iv starting charging my customers a 10% tariff on top of the usual price, well they were warned. lol.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 12:40:56 pm »
LOL - I'm thinking of doing the opposite - I live in Ireland but get paid mostly in Sterling, so my income took an 8% hit overnight.

It should stabilise,... but I see how sensible it might be in the future to have income in a variety of currencies just in case one market crashes.

A lot of companies in Europe & America who deal with UK clients will be thinking along similar lines - if the sterling/dollar rates don't balance out soon there could be a lot of price increases to compensate.

I'm turning work away!  :o
But I've stopped accepting Euros.

tlwcs

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 03:19:57 pm »
My works still stable, but I've turned down 3 posts in the shadow cabinet   ;D ;D

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 04:41:12 pm »
Iv used it as an excuse to put prices up , iv said now we've left the European Union, insurance and equipment prices have shot up for window cleaners . Added an extra £2 per house

SB Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 05:24:07 pm »
We are turning away work  :)

jk999

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 07:42:42 pm »
Iv used it as an excuse to put prices up , iv said now we've left the European Union, insurance and equipment prices have shot up for window cleaners . Added an extra £2 per house
lol might try that one

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 09:27:56 pm »
LOL - I'm thinking of doing the opposite - I live in Ireland but get paid mostly in Sterling, so my income took an 8% hit overnight.

It should stabilise,... but I see how sensible it might be in the future to have income in a variety of currencies just in case one market crashes.

A lot of companies in Europe & America who deal with UK clients will be thinking along similar lines - if the sterling/dollar rates don't balance out soon there could be a lot of price increases to compensate.

Why do you get paid in Sterling?
It's a game of three halves!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 09:36:53 pm »
Most of my clients are in the UK - its easier for them & made little difference to me for a long time.

Why do you get paid in Sterling?

NWH

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 03:03:43 pm »

Next time say oh your husband was one of the idiots that put us into a world wide recession along with J. P Morgan then was he,Goldman Sachs lent money billions knowing it could never be paid back therefore causing worldwide uncertainty on the stock exchange.

Tosh

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2016, 11:34:10 pm »
From the bloke who cleans conservatory roofs for nought, the man who knows how to manage his time and efforts to it's full effectiveness.  ;D
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2016, 12:14:12 pm »

SB Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2016, 02:22:09 pm »