Dave Willis

Minus seven
« on: January 20, 2016, 08:09:47 am »
 :o lay in this morning I think.

dazmond

Re: Minus seven
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 08:22:45 am »
its +2 here but im ill.been up since 330am(3 hours sleep) high temperature,severe sore throat and chest infection.keep going dizzy too.

i wish id never accepted a brew off an old customer yesterday as he was full of it. ::)roll

ive made flask of tea,soup and all ready to work.i think ill give it another 45 mins and decide whether to sack it off or go out and clean a few.
price higher/work harder!

8weekly

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 08:30:10 am »
its +2 here but im ill.been up since 330am(3 hours sleep) high temperature,severe sore throat and chest infection.keep going dizzy too.

i wish id never accepted a brew off an old customer yesterday as he was full of it. ::)roll

ive made flask of tea,soup and all ready to work.i think ill give it another 45 mins and decide whether to sack it off or go out and clean a few.
You shouldn't have snogged him then.  ;D

8weekly

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 08:32:43 am »
All frozen here. I normally whack heaters in the vans in the morning about 6:30 and that sorts it, but we've overskept. Have told my worker not to rush over. The real problem is that the auto fill static is fed from a pipe running outside the house and it's frozen, so unless we get a thaw today we may have a problem. Tomorrow.

andyM

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 08:39:18 am »
All frozen here. I normally whack heaters in the vans in the morning about 6:30 and that sorts it, but we've overskept. Have told my worker not to rush over. The real problem is that the auto fill static is fed from a pipe running outside the house and it's frozen, so unless we get a thaw today we may have a problem. Tomorrow.

Happened to me yesterday 8 weekly.
Just pour warm water on the hose or use a Hairdryer to warm it up.
One of the Plebs

ChumBucket

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 08:40:43 am »
Pretty normal that for this time of year up here!!

chris turner

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 08:42:19 am »
Il go MacDonald's, sit in the van with the heater up full blast, read the paper and stuff my face hole for 45 mins. Usually does the trick.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 08:46:56 am »
Il go MacDonald's, sit in the van with the heater up full blast, read the paper and stuff my face hole for 45 mins. Usually does the trick.

sounds like a plan!although just standing up and walking around my flat is like wading through treacle.i feel awful.

andyM

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 08:47:20 am »
Il go MacDonald's, s*it in the van with the heater up full blast, read the paper and stuff my face hole for 45 mins. Usually does the trick.

Rather you than me.  ;D
One of the Plebs

8weekly

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 09:11:00 am »

Happened to me yesterday 8 weekly.
Just pour warm water on the hose or use a Hairdryer to warm it up.
Yep, will do that if the temperature rise doesn't sort it later today. Bith vans are full so we're good to go - once the vans are deiced!

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 10:24:02 am »
Morning chaps. Going by the wifi weather monitor in the back garden it's -6.3 at the mo.

chris turner

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 10:35:33 am »
Il go MacDonald's, s*it in the van with the heater up full blast, read the paper and stuff my face hole for 45 mins. Usually does the trick.

Rather you than me.  ;D

MacDonald's is great for keeping the bowl movements regular!
Double sausage egg mcmuffin in the morning =
Muddy puddle in the toilet in the evening!

Klean07

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 10:37:44 am »
-5 here an hour ago but after putting heater in van for an hour I'm ready to go out now for another full day! Weather forecast looks better for tomorrow with higher temps!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 11:56:09 am »
Why not put the heater on a timer to come on first thing or thru the night. I run mine for 15 mins every 2 hours seems to work

Smurf

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 12:18:47 pm »
Now it's -1.9 and temp is rising but still no good for trying to clear frozen crap from gutters using a guttervac though.
Oh the joys of offering a guttervac service can be a real pain in the arse sometimes in low winter temps.

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 01:00:39 pm »

Rather you than me.  ;D

;D

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 01:01:13 pm »

Rather you than me.  ;D

I guess if you eat crap that would do that.  ;D

chris turner

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 01:04:16 pm »

Rather you than me.  ;D

I guess if you eat crap that would do that.  ;D

;D

Tom-01

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 02:34:23 pm »
My car was dropped off at the mechanics last night so had the van at mine instead of inside the unit. Didn't put heater in and everything frozen solid this morning! Thawed out by 1 but would actually muck up the schedule so the guy who works for me will work next Saturday so its ok, work gets done and he doesn't lose money.

I remember the days I would stress like mad if I lost a day.. Its good when you've built up a solid customer base that you know the odd day lost here and there doesn't effect you. And it sure beats working in an office! And its supposed to be a lot warmer from tomorrow down South then up to 13 from next Monday! Back to shorts soon - should gain a few customers  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 03:10:47 pm »
My car was dropped off at the mechanics last night so had the van at mine instead of inside the unit. Didn't put heater in and everything frozen solid this morning! Thawed out by 1 but would actually muck up the schedule so the guy who works for me will work next Saturday so its ok, work gets done and he doesn't lose money.

I remember the days I would stress like mad if I lost a day.. Its good when you've built up a solid customer base that you know the odd day lost here and there doesn't effect you. And it sure beats working in an office! And its supposed to be a lot warmer from tomorrow down South then up to 13 from next Monday! Back to shorts soon - should gain a few customers  ;D

yeah i agree mate.im sacking the rest of this week off though.no way im going to be 100% til sat/sun. ::)roll