jwplasterers

Window Cleaners rushing
« on: September 20, 2015, 08:11:50 pm »
For new starters.  Since I started window cleaning 4 years ago I have seen so many people rushing the job.  People  wonder why they loose customers for doing rubbish work.  Since I have started I have built up to  600 customers  and  its very rare I loose any.  People will have you for years if right.  People wont pay for nothing.  My advice stay the same speed and do a nice job like its for the queen.  This might be because I am Ex forces very keen  and over the top lol. 

David Kent @ KentKleen

Re: Window Cleaners rushing
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 08:20:59 pm »
This is one of the best bits of advice I have seen on here in a long while. Newbies, take note!!

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 08:23:30 pm »
so if the customer expects you to take an hour for £10 - is that how long you take?
Their is a fine balance as to what's the right speed, whether your on your own or 2 men, I've had customers that expect me to be on their house for at least an hour when paying a fiver  :P

The more you do this job, and more importantly the more you clean a property the quicker you become that does not make you worse, or skimping just well practiced and good.

Go change a tyre on your car and time it, then do it 40 times a day for a week then retime it I wonder if it will be the same or quicker.

As ex military I'm sure you'd appreciate constant practice makes you better

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 08:28:29 pm »
For new starters.  Since I started window cleaning 4 years ago I have seen so many people rushing the job.  People  wonder why they loose customers for doing rubbish work.  Since I have started I have built up to  600 customers  and  its very rare I loose any.  People will have you for years if right.  People wont pay for nothing.  My advice stay the same speed and do a nice job like its for the queen.  This might be because I am Ex forces very keen  and over the top lol.
Well put jw, if you go the extra mile for a customer they will become clients and should always stick by the great work you do for them.

martin hulstone

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 08:34:40 pm »
Cant say i agree, i work at my speed and clean my customers to a satisfactory standard but i aint ott. I also dont treat customers like the queen cause some would start acting like the queen! I have been doing my job coming on twenty years and i believe in a fair price for a fair service, nothing more.
I am a window cleaner to feed my family,not for the love of it. :-\

8weekly

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 08:35:14 pm »
What's your average price JW?

jwplasterers

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 08:35:55 pm »
I think the more customers  window cleaners get the service goes to crap. Like resturants and everything else . Stay at your best all  times and dont rush as I tried once and the window are rubbish. YOU ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST JOB.

martin hulstone

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 08:37:37 pm »
Ps i am ex military and all the regimental bullpoop has definetely not made me ott and keen. Quite the opposite.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 08:41:53 pm »
I would agree with jw, about guys loosing jobs for doing rubbish work, its far easier to keep clients rather than having to be replacing them.

jwplasterers

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 08:45:05 pm »
Just saying a lot of them should be mucking out of the cows on farms not cleaning  windows its all about appearance.

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 08:46:48 pm »
The sentiment is spot on, no problems with that at all, but it's all relative to your round equipment, age, etc..

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

jwplasterers

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 08:47:10 pm »
Thanks tadsh o shea

martin hulstone

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2015, 08:47:24 pm »
Speed has nothing to do with rubbish work, being rubbish does that. Some days i have a burst of energy and have a quicker work rate than say if i have done a full fascia clean in the morning, but my standard of work always stays the same

martin hulstone

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2015, 08:49:36 pm »
Dont understand how appearance has anything to do with your original post?

8weekly

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2015, 08:56:54 pm »
Dont understand how appearance has anything to do with your original post?
Drinking on a schoolnight does often lead to talking rubbish. Mucking out cows? The idea that being a window cleaner is a superior job to a farmer is amusing though.  ::)roll

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2015, 09:57:44 pm »
Regarding rushing there are plenty of splash & dash merchants about as is all about speed = ££££'s 
They get so slap dash they even clean with not so pure water and do a crap job then wonder why they get the boot.

These kind give wfp window cleaners a bad name  ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2015, 11:15:47 pm »
steady,brisk and well organised is  how i work and i very rarely get complaints.

i must be doing something right.

i dont go OTT unless its a very dirty first clean.after that its minimal work with a high flow.
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 08:50:34 am »
I get a feeling jw has an axe to grind, a sudden post about windies that are fast, then about what they wear...

Darran

samson

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 09:08:48 am »
I look very professional and smart . . . . but can't clean windows  ;D

Ian101

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 09:13:48 am »
I aim for 95% perfection on regular cleans - does that make me

A ... a bad person
B ... a splash and dash merchant
C ... a little bit richer