Matt - aquatec

Sodium hypo on upvc frames and conny roofs
« on: August 05, 2014, 10:13:46 pm »
Hi all,

Has anyone had any experiences of using sodium hypochlorite on upvc frames and or colony roofs???

I had a customer ask me the question today....

Cheers

Matt
Loving the freedom and enjoying the hard work......
www.aquatecwindows.co.uk

Tadgh O Shea

Re: Sodium hypo on upvc frames and conny roofs
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 10:47:31 pm »
Hi Matt, when i was new to the business many years ago i caused a fair bit of damage to upvc frames, if you want my advice never use hypo on these surfaces, just my opinion.

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 11:01:37 pm »
It stains them mate, if left on for too long. Be very careful

Danny

Matt - aquatec

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 11:11:51 pm »
Cheers lads... Avoid it I reckon
Loving the freedom and enjoying the hard work......
www.aquatecwindows.co.uk

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 01:16:22 am »
Cheers lads... Avoid it I reckon

Yes i would think so Matt, and especially if you are spraying Hypo as the overspray can also cause damage to many other surfaces.

lee_dewing

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 07:26:41 pm »
Tadgh.
When will your website work?

Read your post and tried to look many a time but website never working.
Lee.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 07:36:20 pm »
Hi Lee, hope to be back up in a few weeks, we have had one issue which is causing the delay, but finally we are nearly there, send me an email if you have any queries,    Regards  Tadgh

PoleKing

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 10:22:19 pm »
Hi Lee, hope to be back up in a few weeks, we have had one issue which is causing the delay, but finally we are nearly there, send me an email if you have any queries,    Regards  Tadgh

Tadgh, whoever you're using for your website-sack 'em. They're crap.
Give Nat a bell. He's even in your country now!

Any joy in the TFR tests? Mine's still being tested...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 11:00:42 pm »

Hi Darren, to be honest its a bit of legal wrangling that is causing the delay which i cant go into, but we are nearly there, to the TFR testing, and please do not take this the wrong way, as regards testing i gave up on using any high alkaline based chemicals many years ago now because of the detrimental damage these harsh chemicals cause to surfaces from continuous use, to be fair Darren i have shared my experiences and thoughts about these nasty chemicals (if anyone wants to read my older posts)  and am not to worried about posting anymore information on here about high alkaline chemicals, to the photos on the damage caused to surfaces from using high alkaline chemicals trust me i have loads of them and i will email them to you, i must admit i have tried many a time to take photos of white uPVC surfaces and the damage caused by high alkaline chemicals but it is very tricky to catch this on a camera phone, so as its only uPVC surfaces you are interested in i will share with you when i get the right ones. for other surfaces where the detrimental damage is clear to see i will put these in a slide show and share the results with you, i will leave it up to you then if you want to share them on here. one last thing Darren i will admit is that companies who do use and supply high alkaline based chemicals are not our enemy far from it as they help us to develop plenty of new business, because we can point out and show potential new customers the damage that these corrosive chemicals are causing to their surfaces, then they are much more open and receptive to safer cleaning solutions, you probably know where i am coming from.
Regards Tadgh

PoleKing

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 12:50:30 pm »

Hi Darren, to be honest its a bit of legal wrangling that is causing the delay which i cant go into, but we are nearly there, to the TFR testing, and please do not take this the wrong way, as regards testing i gave up on using any high alkaline based chemicals many years ago now because of the detrimental damage these harsh chemicals cause to surfaces from continuous use, to be fair Darren i have shared my experiences and thoughts about these nasty chemicals (if anyone wants to read my older posts)  and am not to worried about posting anymore information on here about high alkaline chemicals, to the photos on the damage caused to surfaces from using high alkaline chemicals trust me i have loads of them and i will email them to you, i must admit i have tried many a time to take photos of white uPVC surfaces and the damage caused by high alkaline chemicals but it is very tricky to catch this on a camera phone, so as its only uPVC surfaces you are interested in i will share with you when i get the right ones. for other surfaces where the detrimental damage is clear to see i will put these in a slide show and share the results with you, i will leave it up to you then if you want to share them on here. one last thing Darren i will admit is that companies who do use and supply high alkaline based chemicals are not our enemy far from it as they help us to develop plenty of new business, because we can point out and show potential new customers the damage that these corrosive chemicals are causing to their surfaces, then they are much more open and receptive to safer cleaning solutions, you probably know where i am coming from.
Regards Tadgh

I get all that. Ta.
It can't be denied that TFR damages some surfaces but UPVC isn't one if them IMO.
I'll stick a photo up later of my little test.

CleanClear

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 09:34:15 pm »
I've yet to find a TFR that does actually remove Traffic Film. If anyone knows one, let me know because it will save me using a brush to remove it. TFR as far as i know is a great big soapy con.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

PoleKing

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 09:41:53 pm »
I've yet to find a TFR that does actually remove Traffic Film. If anyone knows one, let me know because it will save me using a brush to remove it. TFR as far as i know is a great big soapy con.

The stuff I use is pretty good bud.
It's from JTT. Local supplier.
Can you trust Whoever's supplied you? Could it be watered down?