Londoner

Re: Are ladders needed if wfp exist
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2011, 07:37:37 am »
your post is a bit confusing

idealrob

.....but is every case safer with WFP???

You don't have to accept every job that comes your way, I turn down lots of jobs because they have some sort of problem, access, where they are, balconies etc. You pick the jobs not the other way round. But possibly a third of the jobs I do now would have been turned down were I still trad. Mostly because of conservatories and extensions.

You seem to be looking hard to find examples where WFP is less suitable but I can think of hundreds that are the other way round.

Being selective is important for keeping your business the way you want it to be

idealrob

Re: Are ladders needed if wfp exist
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2011, 03:19:31 pm »
We pick and choose jobs, and are not frightened to walk away for safety reasons, other jobs we take on, there are a few windows in the corners that because of access , its not the best method for results with wfp than a mop/blade, but bearing in mind there are over 5000 windows, its worth puting up with, and there are a few on fourth floor because of bushes/shrubs in the way , we dont do, fact

After all the issues on this post about are ladders needed if wfp exists, i would say yes, even though we dont use any ladders, thats my oponion, but the crux of the matter is if ladders are going to be used, the hve to be secured and a written risk assesment has to be done, fact.,
but w/c will debate all day about securing and argue, when it makes them and the job safer, and no lives get shattered, but you would think giving them this advice was like asking them to do something absolutly shocking and go against there principals etc.
When we last used ladders in the early 90`s, we used a rojac stopper and a ladder linpit at the top, and i felt safe all day, but some people wont listen or argue, i know which one i would use, a secured ladder against a non- secured ladder

idealrob