Lee Burbidge

Are ladders needed if wfp exist
« on: October 14, 2011, 07:05:55 pm »
Should window cleaners use ladders if a safer method exists such as wfp?

When is it right to use a ladder?

Lee Burbidge

Re: Are ladders needed if wfp exist
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 07:24:00 pm »
.... of course it can depend on the work. Some windys think all the trailing hose and climbing up and over fences and garages means the only way is ladders.

james51174

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 08:03:53 pm »
couldnt work without either tbh

dave f

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 08:51:21 pm »
i think  i feel another wfp v trad comming on ;D lol

Dave66

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 09:14:05 pm »
not really much comp really  ;D ;D
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!

Tom White

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 09:20:20 pm »
Ladders are just sooooooooo slow.  ;D

Dave66

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 09:43:52 pm »
fact
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 09:59:02 pm »
I spoke to a few windys the other day who said that he didn't use wfp because he was too old to change, to much equipment to carry to work, over complicating an easy job, health and safety issues wth trailing hoses, hoses snagging, not managing to do rows of rear terrace houses, not easy to use if you have to climb over gates fences or garages.
How fast is wfp really? You gotta keep filling up your trolley from your 25L containers from your car, setting up and moving hose can take up time. Plus you can't get to do the back of number 58 because it takes to much work to either send your hoses over or drag your trolley full of water over. Wfp does have so snags.

Johnny B

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 10:14:46 pm »
This is why I am trad. I like to keeps things simple. Trad is less complicated, and overheads are minimal, therefore I don't need to charge about like a headless chicken trying to earn a fortune before covering the costs of buying and running a WFP set up.

I'm not knocking WFP. If it works for you, that's great. I just know it's not for me.

Best wishes to all, trad and WFP alike.

John           
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Wc Solutions

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 10:16:36 pm »
This is why I am trad. I like to keeps things simple. Trad is less complicated, and overheads are minimal, therefore I don't need to charge about like a headless chicken trying to earn a fortune before covering the costs of buying and running a WFP set up.

I'm not knocking WFP. If it works for you, that's great. I just know it's not for me.

Best wishes to all, trad and WFP alike.

John           

fair play mate, your choice.

end of the day both just different tools to do the job with the same end result.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 10:22:43 pm »
I totally agree. Wfp ladders static poles A frames are in your tool box to use.

Wc Solutions

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 10:26:42 pm »
I totally agree. Wfp ladders static poles A frames are in your tool box to use.

i still find a good pair of 3 tred step come in handy at times.

we are mainly wfp but i must admit i do like doing a bit of trad at times - mainly summer

StockClean

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 10:27:36 pm »
I spoke to a few windys the other day who said that he didn't use wfp because he was too old to change, to much equipment to carry to work, over complicating an easy job, health and safety issues wth trailing hoses, hoses snagging, not managing to do rows of rear terrace houses, not easy to use if you have to climb over gates fences or garages.
How fast is wfp really? You gotta keep filling up your trolley from your 25L containers from your car, setting up and moving hose can take up time. Plus you can't get to do the back of number 58 because it takes to much work to either send your hoses over or drag your trolley full of water over. Wfp does have so snags.

Well WFP would have snags if you are struggling with jerry cans from a car, filling up a trolly.

The answer is Get a Van with a large tank, microbore hose, and 100 meter reel, let your customers know when you are comming, and trust me you wont look back.

I cleared 490 quid yesterday and finished by 4 pm. With the right setup mate you wont look back, after all your in it to make money yeah? What u doin messin about with jerry cans in the back of a car ? , no wonder you cant make it work.

gary999

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 10:31:31 pm »

Well WFP would have snags if you are struggling with jerry cans from a car, filling up a trolly.

The answer is Get a Van with a large tank, microbore hose, and 100 meter reel, let your customers know when you are comming, and trust me you wont look back.

I cleared 490 quid yesterday and finished by 4 pm. With the right setup mate you wont look back, after all your in it to make money yeah? What u doin messin about with jerry cans in the back of a car ? , no wonder you cant make it work.

hey i use 25 ltr barrrels and a back pack and it works for me
thank you very much! >:( ;D

got to be honest my body appreciates the exercise i get
from it, not for everyone though :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 10:34:32 pm »
 ;DHi stockclean thanks for advise. I've got vans buddy.

StockClean

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 10:42:32 pm »
Mind u though wfp has probbably made me fatter  ::)

PureClean Window Cleaning Ltd

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 11:41:39 pm »
i just do terraced fronts for £5-£15,  problem solved!

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 12:01:09 am »
i always use my ladders a few times a week.

my 8ft single pointer for unbolting the odd gate and a couple of bungalows i clean trad.

my 3.5m 2 section trade ladders for flat roof up and overs and splitting them occasionally for getting over a locked gate without having to stand on the gate.

i also use these ladders for a couple of trad jobs that are quicker than using the pole.

need them for some conny roof cleans esp if they are big and one side is up against a fence.

also i will do the odd favour for my elderly customers.for example getting a tennis ball out of a gutter or clipping a gutter back in place.

i must admit i hate getting them off the rack at times.wfp has made me a bit lazy!! ;D ;D ;D ;Dbut id never be without them!!
price higher/work harder!

wpclean

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 12:18:48 am »
I use wfp now and it has increased the business threefold, but I still love to get the ladders up and squeegee the glass and know 100% the windows are perfect !

james51174

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 03:36:34 am »
some jobs just dont come up nice with wfp

some just dont suit wfp

but the ones that do are blinkin great!!!