IONIC POLES ARE THEY ANY GOOD LADS
« on: May 04, 2011, 11:04:47 am »
HI LADS JUST ABOUT  TO ORDER NEWPOLE ARE THEY ANY GOOD

HAS ANY GOT ONE
THANKS GORDON

mlscontractcleaner

Re: IONIC POLES ARE THEY ANY GOOD LADS
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 01:00:08 pm »
I've just got hold of a second hand 55ft Ergolite and I like it. Not the lightest pole but still light enough; certainly at shorter lengths ( who goes around all day cleaning 6th floor windows ??? ??? ??? ), rigid enough and robust.

I recently borrowed a 44ft Facelift and that too was nice enough to use.

Both are reasonably slim and I like the fact that the sections can be slid out of each other to make the pole shorter for "every day use".

Hope that helps a little ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 01:33:41 pm »
Sold my 60fter ergo for £650 when I went the fishing pole route, couldnt reach the clamps, heavy

Jason Mawlam

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 03:11:27 pm »
The Ergolites were and still are good poles. They were the first water fed poles to conform to the HSL's ergonomics report when they were launched back in 2003. Our current range of Grafter, Glyder and Swift poles are lighter, narrower and shorter when collapsed, without sacrificing strength and rigidity.

Jason Mawlam

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 04:09:32 pm »
You're right, my opinion will obviously be biased, so there's no point in expressing it.  I'm simply stating facts about our products, comparing old to new.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 04:20:27 pm »
Hello Jason, welcome.  8)

edward1

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 04:42:52 pm »
yes welcome ,
look forward to your input

Jason Mawlam

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 06:10:13 pm »
It's a bit pointless posting about the company you work for though mate. For all we know, he works in the tool store and has never cleaned windows day in day out. Doesn't know about access or other problems. I'm trad, that's why I tend to avoid posting about WFP.

Looking forward to his imput.   ???

As has been guessed above, I am Craig's son. My role in the company is business development, it's not just a 9-5 job, Ionic Systems means as much to me as your companies mean to most of you. I have never been a full time window cleaner, but as my dad has been involved in the industry since before I was born, I've been brought up on window cleaning and spent the last 5 years at Ionic so have learnedmore than a thing or two about it.

We seem to get a lot of stick on here, some of it may be justified to a certain degree, but we're actually a good bunch of people who are here to help our customers.

I'm not here to argue with anyone. The original post asked about our poles, a couple of people commented on our Ergolites, so I posted to highlight that these are old poles which have been replaced with newer, better ones.

Jason Mawlam

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 07:19:55 pm »
In the early days of CIU there were a few occasions where genuine questions about Ionic products were raised by members here, and answers where given by other members that were incorrect.  This was innocent enough, and members gave what they thought was the right answer, but unfortunately wasn't.

On one or two of those occassions, someone here at ionic wanted to answer with the correct information, but at the same time didnt want to appear to be "pushing" product and so joined up simply to answer those questions.

As time went on, and more and more Ionic system owners joined CIU, there became more members who actually owned and knew about how our products worked, and so were able to answer questions from their own experience.  That being the case, there was no longer any need for someone from Ionic to answer those questions.

This was all before my time with Ionic, and the people who actually were involved in this have not been with the company for some years.  As some may know, my dad used to post on here many years ago, but found he got drawn into lots of arguments, often with other suppliers, and so made a decision to leave the forums for good. That is the extent of our involvement in CIU to date, and as things advance I see more and more genuine questions about our products, and again sometimes incorrect information is given. The only reason that I comment here is to present the correct information about our products,

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 07:28:37 pm »

All I have said in this thread is that our newer poles are an improvement over our old ones.
Yes they are an altogether  better pole.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 07:41:34 pm »
Just want to say thanks to Jason for coming on here and being open about who he is.  I can still laugh about the way Craig ran rings around some of the water company nobility a few years ago at a particular drought order hearing.  I thought I was going to have to leave if I started laughing.
My own view about Ionics poles generally are mixed.  For the most part very well built and very durable.  I do get the feeling that some of them - particularly some of the much longer ones - are rather too bulky for reasonable use though.  This especially applies to a particular monster I once came across that had 8 foot sections - or was it just the base section that was 8 feet?  Extremely difficult to manage.  Glad it belonged to someone else  ;D .
There are some things I could be critical over such as the sales guy (not Reuben) at a roadshow trying to tell me that the pole in his hand (a Glyder I think?) was nearly as light as an SLX.  I felt the weight.  I walked back to my van and felt the weight of my SLX.  I could feel the relative weights were quite different.  Of course he may have meant just the bare poles - and possibly the brush on the Glyder added to the difference.
I don't doubt they are good poles though - and durable.
So in general, I do feel that Ionics poles have been more expensive but they are durable and well built.  I haven't tried any of their more recent offerings and am currently happy with what I've got to hand.  I keep an open mind though and am aware that they don't usually seem to have the stock problems that Gardiner's experience.  My own personal needs are for lightness - even if that reduces durability a bit.  It's not Ionics' fault that my elbow and shoulder play up if I use heavier kit for too long.
I do feel that Ionics tend to over egg the pudding a bit as I have found things on my systems to be rather simpler than has been projected by them at times.
I've no problem with any of this.  There is a place in the market for everyone.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 08:33:45 pm »

Honesty is the best policy.

Could you let the forum admin know that that's how you see things now please Jason? They are still deleting threads and posts that don't favour your dads company. Have a look how silly it's become on this link.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=123303.0

From Yesterday.

Something as harmless as this joke

for value for money i would say the purefreedom one,

but if you got money to burn then it got to be ionics. ;)

Deleted as soon as a MOD or ADMIN see's it ( it was very quick )

Honesty is the best policy. you say :D

Talk is Cheap, you might want to let ADMIN know your new policy.

thats was my post and cant for the life of me see whats wrong with it.would love a answer to why,but believe that i will never get one.

Alex Allen

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 01:53:39 pm »
HI LADS JUST ABOUT  TO ORDER NEWPOLE ARE THEY ANY GOOD

HAS ANY GOT ONE
THANKS GORDON

I first saw one at the trade show
first impresion was they are very good
expensive but the quality was there

since they I have used one of them for a short while
and they are very good

Still thinking about getting one myself
but with this new company doing poles on the other thread they look good
espcially for the price and tecbuks new pole coming soon
i think I will wait a bit

personally I would say choose the best quality
you can afford

Ian_Giles

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 06:50:41 am »
I cannot believe that I have had to delete 3 complete pages.

Jason's post left in place as it explains who he is.

Frankybadboy: His I've left as I'd also like to know why it was deleted, Feanky, I will ask Admin and see if I can find out why your post was deleted.

This not a thread dedicated to character assassination, stay on topic please. 

Ian.
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Frankybadboy

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 07:07:13 am »
probaly more todo with my avator than the post ian,if iam honest. ;)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 07:40:49 am »
Ahh, OK, thanks Franky, I've also asked admin and will reply on this thread if that was the reason when they reply.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 05:05:11 pm »
Ian!  :-\
It's a game of three halves!

James Leet

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 10:22:11 pm »
Bit of a waste of time this thread now, you might aswell have deleted it all.

Not sure what was wrong with leaving the old and the edited post alone ? It shows What business practices are used.

Yes, that did happen some time ago and I apologise on behalf of the company for that.

But that's not me and it's not not how anyone in our company operates any more.

Honesty is the best policy.

to this

In the early days of CIU there were a few occasions where genuine questions about Ionic products were raised by members here, and answers where given by other members that were incorrect.  This was innocent enough, and members gave what they thought was the right answer, but unfortunately wasn't.

On one or two of those occassions, someone here at ionic wanted to answer with the correct information, but at the same time didnt want to appear to be "pushing" product and so joined up simply to answer those questions.

As time went on, and more and more Ionic system owners joined CIU, there became more members who actually owned and knew about how our products worked, and so were able to answer questions from their own experience.  That being the case, there was no longer any need for someone from Ionic to answer those questions.

This was all before my time with Ionic, and the people who actually were involved in this have not been with the company for some years.  As some may know, my dad used to post on here many years ago, but found he got drawn into lots of arguments, often with other suppliers, and so made a decision to leave the forums for good. That is the extent of our involvement in CIU to date, and as things advance I see more and more genuine questions about our products, and again sometimes incorrect information is given. The only reason that I comment here is to present the correct information about our products,

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 10:35:25 pm »
Yes James, your showing the changed post does have relevance to the thread title.

If a thread came up asking if say Gardiners' poles were any good then any business related conduct by Gardiners' employees and certainly it's senior management or owner would have a bearing on a persons decision whether to buy one of their poles?

I think Ian has taken an extremely narrow view of the topic and cannot help but wonder why he has arrived at such a moderating decision.

Would such a decision be taken on the merit of the thread alone or in a wider context after consultation with Admin. do you think?
It's a game of three halves!

cozy

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 10:41:10 pm »
I'm off topic now with this answer. I always think Ian is a good mod. (I want to have his babies one day)  ;D

Really though, I wonder why he deleted so much of this thread leaving it now as it is, makes little sense. It's disjointed and confusing as it is. Gold has put it better than I can. I'm disappointed with the moderation.

Ah well. I'll survive.