Spotfree

Extreme stiff users
« on: January 22, 2019, 04:56:55 pm »
Does the extreme stiff splay as easily as the extreme hybrid?

zesty

Re: Extreme stiff users
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 06:26:43 pm »
Yeah pretty much, you need a bit more pressure, but not a lot in the grand scheme of things.

It’s a fast brush, it glides quickly, doesn’t drag like the hybrid.

Hybrid is better for dirtier windows. But the stiff works well on maintenance cleans.

Spotfree

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 06:56:41 pm »
Thanks, saved me a few quid.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 07:00:15 pm »
they dont last long though...mine are knackered after 2 months with hot water.....
price higher/work harder!

robbo333

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 07:15:54 pm »
I'm with Zesty.
Very quick over the glass, especially changing from vertical to horizontal.
It's my main brush and I use it on everything including first cleans and I clean 8 weekly with cold water.
The hybrid drags more, but cuts the dirt better, but I still prefer the stiff.

PS. I find they are better when they are slightly worn in a bit.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

zesty

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 07:24:41 pm »
I'm with Zesty.
Very quick over the glass, especially changing from vertical to horizontal.
It's my main brush and I use it on everything including first cleans and I clean 8 weekly with cold water.
The hybrid drags more, but cuts the dirt better, but I still prefer the stiff.

PS. I find they are better when they are slightly worn in a bit.

Yeah I use mine for first cleans as well, it does the job, I do like the hybrid though, I kind of switch between the two for the sake of change  :D

robbo333

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 07:28:35 pm »
Know what you mean.
If it's a bungalow with big areas of glass, then I'd probably switch to the hybrid too.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 10:23:26 pm »
I reckon the OP wanted to know as he wants to use it with a spray bar  ;D
Am I right ???
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Jonny 87

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 08:06:33 am »
Used the stifff extreme yesterday.

Took it off after a morning.  ???

A supreme brush cleans so much better. What I realised now is that a stiff extreme brush with an extreme pole is just too light for maintenance cleaning. It Skips over the dirt like a comb. Where’s a slightly heavier brush can do the work for you. I don’t have to put pressure on the glass at all. 

All just my opinion of course. ☺️
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 08:19:36 am »
im on mostly 4 weekly estate work this week and the xtreme brush is perfect on an xtreme pole for lots of awkward windows over connys/extensions/pitched roofs,etc...i really notice the difference if i use a heavier brush......... more strain put on me and the pole....
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 08:21:31 am »

A supreme brush cleans so much better. What I realised now is that a stiff extreme brush with an extreme pole is just too light for maintenance cleaning. It Skips over the dirt like a comb. Where’s a slightly heavier brush can do the work for you. I don’t have to put pressure on the glass at all. 

Absolutely my point as to what my experience is, hence why i really like and can endure the brushes that i use and add hot water to the mix and work on maintenance cleans is very easy indeed.

Ita a bit like ones trying to get their heads around turning the water flow up, saves you water. They dont get it until they try.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Spotfree

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 08:25:24 am »
I reckon the OP wanted to know as he wants to use it with a spray bar  ;D
Am I right ???

Yep

Spotfree

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 08:40:29 am »

Absolutely my point as to what my experience is, hence why i really like and can endure the brushes that i use and add hot water to the mix and work on maintenance cleans is very easy indeed.

Ita a bit like ones trying to get their heads around turning the water flow up, saves you water. They dont get it until they try.

Its finding the balance between aggression and weight.

I was using the tucker with the rinse bar, coming in at 300 grammes was too heavy and not needed. The extreme is adequately aggressive for 4-8 weekly and feather light. I think the ultimate is about the right weight at 180 grammes, the best one for aggression is the hybrid but it splays way too much.

I have looked at them streamline brushes, the jets and connections alone are 120 grammes-more than an extreme brush.

You do need some weight, but anything after that is diminishing returns.