billyc

Re: threw a quote in for gum removal but not heard a thing back.
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 09:49:50 pm »
Hi Ds

Yes i have this hot box, the guys who provide me with parts and repairs can build a hot box,the coil etc are much the same as on this model, the hot box is smaller than the vulcano-but does the same job, i have replaced the transformer,fuel pump and electrodes, but at some point in the hot box life span dependant on work load repairs are par for the course.

Given my current workload i will be investing in a second hot box, 3.5kva gen is more than sufficent to run, you only need to power the fuel pump-ignition-fan.

I havnt looked back since converting to hot-you will have to consider vehilce size to accomodate any additional kit you have or would like to have

regards

Billy

trevor perry

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 07:42:04 am »
yeah ok andy,  trevor perry said i should charge 2.50 a sq metre, as he says he charges between 2.50 and £3.00 a sq metre for chewing gum removal.

i think i might have over charged them. but wot can i do now?  ring them or email them and ask do they want to negotiate a price? ???
i did say this price as you had to factor in the cost of equipment as you didnt have hot, you also stated areas where really bad for gum, i recently did one job for as college that had approximately 30 pieces of gum per flag there is no way i could of made that pay at £1.50 a metre.
 i also do another very large job 1000s of metres with just a bit of gum at under 50p a metre and make good money on it, only you after seeing job can determine how long it will take i was just giving you a guideline.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

drivewasher

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 09:44:06 am »
Hi Ds

Yes i have this hot box, the guys who provide me with parts and repairs can build a hot box,the coil etc are much the same as on this model, the hot box is smaller than the vulcano-but does the same job, i have replaced the transformer,fuel pump and electrodes, but at some point in the hot box life span dependant on work load repairs are par for the course.

Given my current workload i will be investing in a second hot box, 3.5kva gen is more than sufficent to run, you only need to power the fuel pump-ignition-fan.

I havnt looked back since converting to hot-you will have to consider vehilce size to accomodate any additional kit you have or would like to have

regards

Billy

You can get a hotbox that runs on 12 volt (or 24volt) so you wont need a generator. You either plug em into your van battery or ti avoid being stranded with a flat battery fit an auxillary one that charges all the time when not in use. You could even mount the battery on the hot box and simply plug the hotbox into the van via an auxillary battery circuit when it's stored in there, so charging it up as you drive round

An auxillary battery circut is basically a relay that conects the aux battery to van battery while the engine is running, ans disconects it's when you stop the engine so if you flatten the aux battey you can still start van as their seperate.
I'm always in the poo, it's just the depth that varies

drive surgeon

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 12:28:37 pm »
steve, i would like to know more about this hotbox system your on about.

trevor perry

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2009, 02:59:50 pm »
Hi Ds

regards

Billy

You can get a hotbox that runs on 12 volt (or 24volt) so you wont need a generator. You either plug em into your van battery or ti avoid being stranded with a flat battery fit an auxillary one that charges all the time when not in use. You could even mount the battery on the hot box and simply plug the hotbox into the van via an auxillary battery circuit when it's stored in there, so charging it up as you drive round

An auxillary battery circut is basically a relay that conects the aux battery to van battery while the engine is running, ans disconects it's when you stop the engine so if you flatten the aux battey you can still start van as their seperate.

i would be interested in this hot box too, what flowrate can it run at i was wondering if it would take as low a flow rate as say one and half litres a minute as then it could be used to heat a wfp system.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

drivewasher

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 12:07:18 am »
The only link I can find at the moment is from an American site. But I'm sure this gear can be sourced over here. Most of the actuators and controls on our 240/110 volt machines are 12 volt via an internal transformer. The 12 volts dc can be inverted up to provide the spark
I'm always in the poo, it's just the depth that varies