Re: customer wont pay
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2007, 07:07:45 am »
Court action!!

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2007, 01:03:18 pm »
i have just been to the pay on time website, it says about interest to commercial, business to business but not to individuals, it says the law doesnt apply to individuals.

unless i haven't read it correctly.  ???

need a cleaner

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2007, 01:07:53 pm »
well just send it to them, and cross your fingers, it worked for us 3 days after the client recieved the registred letter she was on the phone and the cheque was in the bank 2 days after that ;D

Jan K

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2007, 02:15:32 pm »
worked for me too

at the end of the day you provide a service you get the payment

you can still take an individual to the small claims court for non payment
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

utopiacleaning

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2007, 05:05:00 pm »
Lisa

When we done it.  We went to the small claims court.  You can charge interest from the day the money was owed until the day that you issue the summons.  For us it worked out about £80.00. I think it was bout 5-8 % can not remember the exact percentage.  Call your local crown court and they will send you all the paper work.  But i forgot to tell you last time.  That you need to send them a recorded delivery stating that is they do not pay within 7 days, then you will issue a court summons.  It does not matter if he is not there or even if the recorded delivery comes back to you.  As long as you have done this then you are covered.

Kirsty

Kirsty Twiner
utopia Cleaning Services Ltd

Jan K

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2007, 06:51:27 pm »
you can complete everything on line now :)
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol