Smurf

Re: Softwashing
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2017, 03:40:30 pm »
Downstream injectors the chem whatever you use doesn't go through the pump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNV9XbDk4nE

An xjet go on the end of a lance  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG-XvEYptVA

Both have uses when using a pressure washer to apply chems quickly but still I would not use either for vertical surfaces.

Darran Smith PRSS

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2017, 02:24:48 pm »
Mod edit: If you wish to advertise please contact advertising@cleanitup.co.uk
When you want the very best SoftWashing Equipment for your business.

trafficjamz

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 09:49:37 pm »
So I went to see the lady after arming myself with the knowledge from here. Firstly, I went over to the house that had been cleaned by the other guy (it is actually one of my window custies!)
  I noticed that only half of the house had been 'washed' and they definitely used SH as the lead flashing all along the porch has turned a rusty colour in places, the brown electric meter door seems to have this white chalky substance etched into it and all the daffodils were half dead underneath. (See pics)
So I explained to the lady that it seems the guy has little knowledge about what he's doing.  She now realises that £250 was for half of the house and would need to pay at least £500 for the whole house going by hypo guy's rate. Then I explained about the quick fix SH and the longer term biocidal treatment. And that the chems cost a lot more than the hypo that the other guy used (she knew that he bought the stuff from this "farmers place", he actually told the customer.
So this might be a great opportunity to get started properly by getting the proper gear, up the insurance and experiment on my dirty house first.
Here are the pics of the house that the hypo guy did

Smurf

Re: Softwashing New
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 10:13:47 pm »
Those pics are classic cowboy work...Yehaa! ride em cowboy. lol
Thanks for posting as made me chuckle.

trafficjamz

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2017, 11:27:59 am »
Any time haha.
So what would have been the best way to do this to prevent these problems?
Weaker mix of hypo? Or forget hypo altogether?

trafficjamz

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 02:14:55 pm »
Just realised i replied in the wrong thread
 :-\
Doh