Tosh

*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Don Kee

Re: Domain name
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 04:43:01 pm »
Have a looks at the '.london' domains

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 04:58:59 pm »
The .london TLD is really only going to be effective you already own the .com and .co.uk TLD.

*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Ian101

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 11:42:13 pm »

Available

londoncommercialwindowcleaners.co.uk

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 10:17:25 am »

Available

not anymore

Mick Kent

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 04:13:16 pm »
Very snide that. He was trying to help Slacky out there.

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 06:21:11 pm »
www.imasmartarse.com also available

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 06:24:04 pm »

Available

not anymore

just curious or nosy but why would you want this domain if ur up north in county durham ?

8weekly

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 06:39:08 pm »

Available

not anymore

just curious or nosy but why would you want this domain if ur up north in county durham ?
Not very bright.  ;D

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 06:55:52 pm »
Very snide that. He was trying to help Slacky out there.

Such is life. Doesn't matter I've started putting this one together http://commercial-window-cleaners-in-london.co.uk

Says more about her than she'd probably wish to acknowledge.

Tosh

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 06:59:45 pm »

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 07:05:15 pm »
Is there any real benefit having a domain name like that ???

8weekly

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 07:07:34 pm »
Yes. A url that corresponds to what people search for is highly favoured by Google. Hence having www.swindonwindowcleaner.co.uk would give you a massive advantage over that Lance bloke.

Tosh

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 07:08:55 pm »
I think you have to be careful but apparently google doesn't penalise you unless the URL gets in to the thousands of characters. It does in fact like it for the reason that it says exactly what you do. I'm not going to have it on a van, it's there for a presence that we'll use for a google AdWords campaign that's specifically for commercial work in London. I've had a couple of nice tasters regards the gutter cleaning in London. I've got the bit between my teeth   ;D

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 07:20:48 pm »
Yes. A url that corresponds to what people search for is highly favoured by Google. Hence having www.swindonwindowcleaner.co.uk would give you a massive advantage over that Lance bloke.

Funny as that domain is just a redirect and not either one of them are anywhere to be seen on google I can see.
But I can see lance's firm all other the place. How does that work then ;D

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 07:22:33 pm »
So exact match domains have weight again?

There was a time a few years ago when seo guys where saying they dont have much of a ranking boost

but google keeps changing its algorithms, backlinks where king now it seems content is, or is it that no one really knows

Smurf

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 07:32:33 pm »
Has always work well for me. I was expecting sites like that to be penalised but never happend.  Mind I had to stop the black hat seo a few years ago.

Anyhow  I don't think you can beat having a firms name as a domain name that the site is search engine optimised.

Keiron Bradley

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2017, 09:45:06 am »
Keywords in domain and company name are considered beneficial and hold even more sway on Google My Business listings because of the local nature of search results - all above is according to the experts from companies like Moz in their lists of ranking factors and the SEO experts that contribute to these lists.
.co.uk is definitely better than .com for local search. However,it is also worth noting that the experts say to avoid domains with more than TWO hyphens as Google views multiple hyphens as being "spammy" and therefore can have a detrimental effect on ranking.