Tosh

Dazmond - your new van.
« on: January 26, 2017, 07:06:54 pm »
Are you going to tell us when it arrives?

Are you going to tell us when you’ve got the system fitted?

Are you going to tell us about how excited you are the day before you first go out in it to work?

Are you going to tell us about how you first day went?

Are you going to tell us a week after you’ve been working in it how much better it is compared to your previous setup?

Are you going to tell us how everyone should sell their existing setup and get credit to buy a brand new one?

Are you going to tell us, 6 months after you’ve taken it out for its first days work, how you’ve changed your mind?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

Re: Dazmond - your new van.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 07:28:34 pm »
Knowing Dazmond's luck after it's all kitted out will get written off or nicked within the first week.  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 07:33:26 pm »

Are you going to tell us about how excited you are the day before you first go out in it to work?

Are you going to tell us a week after you’ve been working in it how much better it is compared to your previous setup?

Are you going to tell us how everyone should sell their existing setup and get credit to buy a brand new one?

Are you going to tell us, 6 months after you’ve taken it out for its first days work, how you’ve changed your mind?

;D ;D ;D probably!

anyway fatty its not that long ago you were driving that old vauxall combo about! ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 07:49:30 pm »
It don't matter what you drive as long as it earns you money surely?

Or in your case costs you money and you still have nothing to show for it at the end of the day   ;D

Oh look at him he must be doing well as he has a new van. Custards now will start thinking "Hmmm...maybe we are paying him way too much and the cheeky begger has just put his prices up"  ???

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 07:54:40 pm »

;D ;D ;D probably!

anyway fatty its not that long ago you were driving that old vauxall combo about! ;) ;D ;D ;D

4 years actually ;) Ive got two payments left on Transit Custom. I got an email from Ford today, asking if Id like to consider trading it in. How I laughed. ;) ;) ;)
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 08:00:29 pm »

Or in your case costs you money and you still have nothing to show for it at the end of the day   ;D

each to their own mate but seriously im sick to death of having old vans.ive never had anything new in my life!this van will cost me 20k in 5 years(including the balloon payment)but then itll only be £200-£300 peppercorn rental a year if i keep it after that.the van will earn me £200,000-£250,000 in that time.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 08:01:49 pm »

;D ;D ;D probably!

4 years actually ;) Ive got two payments left on Transit Custom. I got an email from Ford today, asking if Id like to consider trading it in. How I laughed. ;) ;) ;)

;D ;D ;D so your keeping it then matt?

Scrimble

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 08:06:51 pm »
20k for a tranny connect

Dazmond you fool

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 08:11:22 pm »

;D ;D ;D probably!

;D ;D ;D so your keeping it then matt?

Yup.

I want a bit of relief of having a second mortgage payment coming out every month but also want to plough the money thats been going on the van to a couple of areas of expansion that Im pushing at the moment. With some success it has to be said, but want to up the tempo on it throughout the spring.

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 08:12:49 pm »

each to their own mate but seriously im sick to death of having old vans.ive never had anything new in my life!this van will cost me 20k in 5 years(including the balloon payment)but then itll only be £200-£300 peppercorn rental a year if i keep it after that.the van will earn me £200,000-£250,000 in that time.

If you pay the balloon payment at the end doesn’t that mean the van becomes yours? Why pay peppercorn rent?

If you have to continue paying rent on it etc then you can’t sell it as yours?

Dry Clean

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 08:13:48 pm »

Are you saying you will have paid 20k over five years and still not own it ?
What's the cash price of your van ?

Miko67

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 08:41:59 pm »
20 grand and it's still not yours?
Bit mad if u ask me. What does peppercorn payment mean?

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 09:50:06 pm »
20k for a tranny connect

Dazmond you fool

you ve never got anything good to say have you mate?

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 09:55:41 pm »

Are you saying you will have paid 20k over five years and still not own it ?
What's the cash price of your van ?

£21,500 including VAT.its the limited version(1.6 tdci,115ps,L2,240)top spec.i can sell it after 5 years and do a new deal on another brand new van if i want.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 10:01:17 pm »

it means you pay a small fee every year to carry on using the van after the rental agreement and the balloon payment has been paid(say £200)if you want to keep the van.

anyway im not paying for it.my customers are! ;)

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 10:09:39 pm »

If you pay the balloon payment at the end doesn’t that mean the van becomes yours? Why pay peppercorn rent?

If you have to continue paying rent on it etc then you can’t sell it as yours?

its a business finance lease matt.you can sell the van after 5 years and pay the balloon payment (and pocket the difference if you get more for the van than the balloon payment)and do a new deal on a new van OR pay the balloon off yourself and keep the van yourself for a peppercorn rental every year.

if you sell the van after say 10 years the finance company get 2.5%.

at no point is the van yours but you can sign write it and put a private plate on it(which i will be doing)

Dave Willis

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 10:48:10 pm »

it means you pay a small fee every year to carry on using the van after the rental agreement and the balloon payment has been paid(say £200)if you want to keep the van.

That's nothing, my customers have paid for my house outright, they've bought my Mrs her car, my van and will be paying for my kids education!

Miko67

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 11:03:40 pm »
A peppercorn ballon. Who comes out with this pish.
Good luck daz. It is good to have a new van right enough hope all goes well with it.

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 11:04:40 pm »

That's nothing, my customers have paid for my house outright, they've bought my Mrs her car, my van and will be paying for my kids education!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 11:17:39 pm »
Your buying peace of mind mate.

At the mileage you do and if you look after it with regular services it will last you a very very long time and give you a nice sense of pride having a shiny van that lots of shiners will Be jealous of.

Don't let anyone bring you and your positivity down. Youve made the decision and that's it, onwards and upwards.

Your business is doing well, and a new vehicle will only improve it. What's £2500 a year to have a work vehicle, something that is the life and soul of our businesses.

I love my cars, I've got a 2014 focus st and I'm a bit of a petrol  head, but if someone was going to come to my house and steal one of my vehicles I'd hope they took the car and not my 2007 Toyota hiace van. Our vans are THE most important business asset that we have, What's  a few thousand a year in the grand scheme of things.

Keep The posts coming daz. I look forward to seeing the new work horse.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Smurf

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2017, 12:19:11 am »
A lot of businesses in all types of sectors lease vehicles so if you can afford to then why not ;)

Still personally I would have been looking to invest in kit rather than a new  vehicle that could make even better profit than just transportation for waving a stick and splashing water about. But that's just me as I don't find the need to want to buy or lease brand new vans as I think they are a waste of money. Anyhow to put it in perspective  most new vans are more than I paid for my house.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2017, 06:52:36 am »
A lot of businesses in all types of sectors lease vehicles so if you can afford to then why not ;)

Still personally I would have been looking to invest in kit rather than a new  vehicle that could make even better profit than just transportation for waving a stick and splashing water about. But that's just me as I don't find the need to want to buy or lease brand new vans as I think they are a waste of money. Anyhow to put it in perspective  most new vans are more than I paid for my house.

invest in kit?ive got all the kit i need but i have an old knackered van! ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2017, 07:23:25 am »
Enjoy the van mate nothing like driving about in a new van.

Mine is 3 years old this year and I had doubts when I first bought it. The only thing I regret now is not buying a new van sooner.

You will get som green eyed monsters though who will try and bring you down. Just keep doing what you doing mate.

Maybe go for a 4 star break next time haha. 5 star all the way mate.

Scrimble

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2017, 07:38:11 am »
20k for a tranny connect

Dazmond you fool

Come on though Dazmond can you not see my point, your paying 20k for a tranny connect, I have a fiat doblo I bought new which I paid a deposit and took out a bank loan, I'm paying 800 quid interest on the loan over 2 years, after the 2 years the van is 100 percent paid for, van cost 11k plus vat brand spanking new, total cost under 12k, your paying 20k to drive round in a rental van,

your supposed to be running a business did you not look at the costs or did you just get talked into it by some slick salesman?

take my advice Daz and ring up the dealership and CANCEL this rental van before its too late

Scrimble

M Roberts

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2017, 08:02:52 am »
Been lurking and following your posts Dazmond, got to say fair play to you mate.

In the pressure washing game I know lots of guys with top kit but knackered old vans, makes no sense to me.
The van is the key to our line of work, if you cant get there the  kit wont work  full stop.

If you are happy with payment terms that's all that matters.

As a customer much prefer to have a tradesman turn up in a decent vehicle, shows the guy is doing ok not some fly by night

Tom-01

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2017, 08:05:32 am »
I think it's great to get a new van if you can. Personally though I think it's better to buy.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2017, 08:44:56 am »
here is an example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2016-16-FORD-TRANSIT-CONNECT-L2-210-1-6-ECO-TECH-94-BHP-DIESEL/361839488252?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&_trksid=p5197.c100068.m2280&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211130857%26meid%3Db9e675761d5544a2806ceb76d4286f47%26pid%3D100068%26clkid%3D2156627642070614588&_qi=RTM2063723

brand new 80 miles on the clock £12k, save yourself 8 grand daz for some holidays more golf gti's or trips to 5 star hotels

err?the payloads rubbish on that mate(its a 210) plus its the eco stop/start engine.no one wants em.mines the top spec limited 240 highest payload version of the connect and most powerful engine(115ps)

all paperwork has been signed.its getting delivered a week today!cant wait!pure freedom cage getting delivered today too and its booked in the garage for fitting a week on monday!happy days! :) :)

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2017, 08:48:02 am »
20k for a tranny connect

Dazmond you fool

Come on though Dazmond can you not see my point, your paying 20k for a tranny connect, I have a fiat doblo I bought new which I paid a deposit and took out a bank loan, I'm paying 800 quid interest on the loan over 2 years, after the 2 years the van is 100 percent paid for, van cost 11k plus vat brand spanking new, total cost under 12k, your paying 20k to drive round in a rental van,

your supposed to be running a business did you not look at the costs or did you just get talked into it by some slick salesman?

take my advice Daz and ring up the dealership and CANCEL this rental van before its too late

total cost is over 11k including VAT.I dont want a fiat doblo!

p1w1

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2017, 08:53:31 am »
It's funny how some come on here calling people fools and morons and then go making stupid posts themselves  ;D
Enjoy the van mate makes the hard work all worth while, just don't let the heated seats make you lazy when it's cold  ;D

Tosh

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2017, 09:26:49 am »
here is an example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2016-16-FORD-TRANSIT-CONNECT-L2-210-1-6-ECO-TECH-94-BHP-DIESEL/361839488252?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&_trksid=p5197.c100068.m2280&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211130857%26meid%3Db9e675761d5544a2806ceb76d4286f47%26pid%3D100068%26clkid%3D2156627642070614588&_qi=RTM2063723

brand new 80 miles on the clock £12k, save yourself 8 grand daz for some holidays more golf gti's or trips to 5 star hotels

err?the payloads rubbish on that mate(its a 210) plus its the eco stop/start engine.no one wants em.mines the top spec limited 240 highest payload version of the connect and most powerful engine(115ps)

all paperwork has been signed.its getting delivered a week today!cant wait!pure freedom cage getting delivered today too and its booked in the garage for fitting a week on monday!happy days! :) :)

The eco stop start died a death after two years on my Custom. They don know what it is, keep telling me its a duff battery, so they out a new one in and it still didn’t work. I think its just a crappy design, Ive given up on trying to get them to sort it, it’ll cost me more money sat in the workshop than its worth.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2017, 05:10:03 pm »
Dazmond, I've been following this thread and various others about you and your van for weeks. I've actually been on this forum for years under the alias 'Traps' I think it was, but left due to some of the unhelpful comments. I still keep an eye in otherwise I would never have discovered things like the univalve. I can remember you and your trad poles from years ago!

Fair play to you and good luck with your new van.

I think there are a lot of jealous people on this forum & life in general.
I hope it all works out for you.
I'm hoping to get a new or nearly new van myself in the Spring.

You know what you're doing, don't doubt yourself and just ignore the negativity.

Johnny B

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2017, 05:47:46 pm »
To me there is no feeling that compares to owning a brand new vehicle.

All I will say to you Dazmond is that you work hard and have done very well to achieve what you have from humble beginnings.

I hope you enjoy your new van and I am sure that it will enhance your business and further enhance your already positive attitude towards it.

Best wishes,
John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

s.w.c

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2017, 05:58:04 pm »
my van is getting on in age but mint only 2 owners 1.9d with 800k payload and only got 72k on the clock, I would like a big new van but while my little van is golden I'm not changing for a while.

NWH

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2017, 06:29:49 pm »
Don't listen to any negatives on the new van,like some have said your paying for peace of mind. There's always someone that got it cheaper like when your on holiday there's always someone saying they got it for
Half your price,nice new warm comfy van on a winters morning or air con in the summer,enjoy it m8.

chris turner

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2017, 07:10:53 pm »
my van is getting on in age but mint only 2 owners 1.9d with 800k payload and only got 72k on the clock, I would like a big new van but while my little van is golden I'm not changing for a while.

Surprised you can fit anything in that van ;D

Og

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2017, 07:19:54 pm »
Don't you lads have single track lanes with hedges? A new van would get scratched to poop out here.

I like my peppercorn cracked.

Smurf

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2017, 08:05:36 pm »
I do a rural stuff and yes I trim trees and bushes as I drive along. Don't bother me in the slightest as my van is not new and at then end of the day is just a workhorse.

Og

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2017, 08:09:48 pm »
I do a rural stuff and yes I trim trees and bushes as I drive along. Don't bother me in the slightest as my van is not new and at then end of the day is just a workhorse.

Quite. It's there to work. Just seems a waste to get anything less than a couple of years old.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2017, 09:08:15 pm »
20k for a tranny connect

Dazmond you fool

he has a point which is justify

i am paying just over what your paying on a newish van 6months old ,top of the range Lwb vivario and after five years i will own it out right,all the benefits of a new van from a main dealer and also a lot less than 20k  ;)

and before you say about vivario ,you should read about the fords :)))

s.w.c

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2017, 09:41:01 pm »

Surprised you can fit anything in that van ;D

be leave me doctor who tarnished ain't got nothing on my little van, I got custom 280ltr tank 130m hose and can carry freedom trolley and four 25ltr drums a old crate 6 warning signs odjob later stabiliser a ladder stay off boot tidy full of bits three main poles an two smaller shop pole and the gutter bucket, you would be shocked it's just making organised both front seats have huge storage under them for  other bits, and it runs on fresh I fill it up every month 60 sobs,

s.w.c

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2017, 09:43:28 pm »
that other photo makes van look smaller.

s.w.c

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2017, 09:48:50 pm »
it's big enough little van to do my jobs

Simon Trapani

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2017, 09:53:59 pm »
Personally I see mine as my shop window.

s.w.c

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2017, 09:57:58 pm »
and big enough for  slightly bigger jobs, it may look small but served me strong for 6years  and never let me down, it looks clean tidy I  just should have put a private platequity on it, I found one  once          ,,, Y333 SWC for under 350 sobs but I forgot to do it, I don't think age or size as long  as you turn up in clean polished van in mint condition says a fare bit about your cleaning ethical,

s.w.c

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2017, 10:01:48 pm »
to be there's no reason anyone should turn up in a dirty van being we cleaning specialist thank God I only take on recommendation work only,

Don Kee

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2017, 10:04:18 pm »
20k for a tranny connect

Dazmond you fool

he has a point which is justify

i am paying just over what your paying on a newish van 6months old ,top of the range Lwb vivario and after five years i will own it out right,all the benefits of a new van from a main dealer and also a lot less than 20k  ;)

and before you say about vivario ,you should read about the fords :)))

You'll find problems with every van if you do a bit of 'reading' mate,
People only ever post about problems, you wont catch anyone going "never had any problems with my van today, it ran how it was meant to"

Unfortunately, vans these days aren't built to be bullet proof (manufacturers wouldn't make any money) and its funny how most of the 'problems' people usually mention on most vans, are usually when the van has done 80k+, basically past a modern vans shelf life

Vauxhall have a totally new engine to the old ones, so do Ford etc...the probelms people are talking about have no relevance to the newer vans anyway

Congrats on the new van Daz, I do think you've been mugged abit with your payment plan, but if you're happy then fair play

Miko67

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2017, 10:05:45 pm »
The sun shines out your your arse swc

Tosh

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2017, 10:20:24 pm »

Quite. It's there to work. Just seems a waste to get anything less than a couple of years old.

There'd be no new vans on the road if everyone had your attitude.

NWH

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2017, 10:47:28 pm »
Can't beat getting in an old banger in the cold hoping it starts in the morning what's up with you lol,having all the best kit for work and something nice to drive about in alday is not the answer unless your moaning and bitching about people doing well on here I think you should leave tbh.

NWH

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2017, 10:49:54 pm »
They reckon over 80% of vehicles on the road are leased in some form or another,says it all really a van is a tool like a pole without it you can't work why buy a crap one.

s.w.c

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2017, 10:57:40 pm »
I wish it did more like farmer Giles do.

The sun shines out your your arse swc

s.w.c

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2017, 10:58:52 pm »

s.w.c

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2017, 11:00:36 pm »
whoops wrong thread and not even airgun forum, whoops never mind, even there clean.

deeege

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2017, 09:41:19 am »

Did the builders forget to put the windows in your house?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

s.w.c

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2017, 10:17:33 am »
only simple 2bed house, I got a other three bed but ex wife is in it, ##$###$$##
but haho this little 2bed will do front bedroom is whole width of house and nice 65ft garden what more do I need.

Did the builders forget to put the windows in your house?

s.w.c

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2017, 10:35:54 am »
what else do I need this suits my needs.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2017, 10:36:46 am »

we had one or these doing drops all over the world for d.h.l. world wide sold it when it got to three years old with over 378k on the clock never had anything spent on it good vans

deeege

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2017, 11:09:09 am »

Don't take it personally. It just looks like your house should have an extra 2 windows.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

SB Cleaning

« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2017, 11:19:54 am »
Don't you lads have single track lanes with hedges? A new van would get scratched to poop out here.

I like my peppercorn cracked.
Tell me about it ;D ;D

Smurf

« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2017, 02:56:52 pm »

There'd be no new vans on the road if everyone had your attitude.

I don't think the age of a van is that important to be honest if it's kept reasonably tidy and you don't have to spend out stupid money to keep it on the road. 

Tosh

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2017, 03:09:04 pm »
Yes but if no-one bought new vehicles ..... oh, never mind.

Smurf

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2017, 03:16:02 pm »
Most I've ever spent on a vehicle is £3500. That was my company car I bought when I left the firm I was working for at the time which was only 6 months old. I kept it for 16 years before I scraped it.

Let's just say I like to get my money's worth  ;D

pikeman

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2017, 03:33:13 pm »
Always followed dazmonds posts since I started on the windows in 2008 always found them helpful. Seems like an optimist to me so im sure he will be happy with his decision.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2017, 04:10:56 pm »
Dazmond, I've been following this thread and various others about you and your van for weeks. I've actually been on this forum for years under the alias 'Traps' I think it was, but left due to some of the unhelpful comments. I still keep an eye in otherwise I would never have discovered things like the univalve. I can remember you and your trad poles from years ago!

Fair play to you and good luck with your new van.

I think there are a lot of jealous people on this forum & life in general.
I hope it all works out for you.
I'm hoping to get a new or nearly new van myself in the Spring.

You know what you're doing, don't doubt yourself and just ignore the negativity.
Don't think people are being jealous, in my case I was merely pointing out that  he could have financed the van in a much more cost effective way, making him the owner from  day one and saving in the region of 3  grand :o in interest payments

dd

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2017, 08:19:57 pm »
Most I've ever spent on a vehicle is £3500. That was my company car I bought when I left the firm I was working for at the time which was only 6 months old. I kept it for 16 years before I scraped it.

Let's just say I like to get my money's worth  ;D
£3500 over 16 years ago, taking account of inflation, would be worth possibly £10,000 now.

When I bought my van I wanted to get one 6-12 months old, but there were such good deals on new pre-registered vans that it was actually cheaper to buy a new one.

NWH

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2017, 08:56:52 pm »
The last person that done my books always said to me no there's no point in changing your vehicle you won't save much for doing it so I kept leaving it,I got someone else who advised me to change my vehicle and the next year I got nearly 5k back from the tax man. If you don't spend money on something for your businesss you'll only pay more tax.

Splash & dash

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2017, 09:51:04 pm »
The last person that done my books always said to me no there's no point in changing your vehicle you won't save much for doing it so I kept leaving it,I got someone else who advised me to change my vehicle and the next year I got nearly 5k back from the tax man. If you don't spend money on something for your businesss you'll only pay more tax.
. I quite agree I did exactly the same thing best move I ever made getting a new van , 4 years warrantee , good advertising, looks professional, and you pay less tax for a while no brainier really

Mick Kent

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2017, 09:54:36 pm »
20k would get you a nice 2nd hand golf R Daz 😎 a propper tool.. anyway well done and enjoy your new van.

Smurf

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2017, 10:11:38 pm »

That reminds me of a chap I knew back in the 70's that use to buy a new Rolls-Royce every year so not to pay so much tax.  Some years he use to buy two  ;D

NWH

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2017, 01:12:17 pm »
It's not a case of being flash at all in our job we in a lot of circumstances have little outlay compared to other businesses,if you earn above a certain  amount it makes sense to change your van every few years,you get to drive round in a new comfy van but most of all it keeps your tax down. If you spend nothing on your business and your earning well you'll only pay more tax

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2017, 01:48:41 pm »
20k would get you a nice 2nd hand golf R Daz 😎 a propper tool.. anyway well done and enjoy your new van.

add 5k more too that 20k and I may sell him my mk1 gti a real golf

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2017, 01:52:35 pm »
It's not a case of being flash at all in our job we in a lot of circumstances have little outlay compared to other businesses,if you earn above a certain  amount it makes sense to change your van every few years,you get to drive round in a new comfy van but most of all it keeps your tax down. If you spend nothing on your business and your earning well you'll only pay more tax

bang on the money this is what our account tells us also you need to add on the cost of having a van sat in the garage getting repaired , when you add up the loss of earning and the repair bill you can easy cover four months payments buy one trip too the garage

Tosh

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2017, 04:58:14 pm »

And the following year you probably had to pay on account, so had to come up with 18 months tax in one year.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2017, 05:05:06 pm »

And the following year you probably had to pay on account, so had to come up with 18 months tax in one year.

Indeed!
Comfortably Numb!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2017, 05:21:43 pm »

25k for a mk1??? Dream on ;D

I know they they're big  money these days being a vw enthusiast myself but 25 k!!!

Mick Kent

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2017, 05:35:08 pm »

Im sure he would rather an 'R' for fun! You simply cant get a mk 1 to hit 60 in sub 5 seconds! I had a mk 1 back in the day, got rid to get a series 1 RS Turbo which is a car i miss.

p1w1

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2017, 05:58:04 pm »
Mk 1 golfs are very common in South Africa i reckon everyone over there has had one at some point, perhaps there is a market to import them over here then.

NWH

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2017, 07:14:43 pm »
Yes Slacky as I told you I did 2 years later my tax bill was 16 grand but I had it in the bank so no worries,i got a 5 grand rebate from HMRC when I
Got the van and wasn't aware it would be quiet that amount but i earnt more money so that changed a few things to do with my tax,I put my books in around April-May now rather than October lol

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2017, 09:34:10 pm »

I know they they're big  money these days being a vw enthusiast myself but 25 k!!!
you cant be that much of enthusiast as you would know what my cars worth one owner from new with only 14k on the clock still sat on its p500 from the factory with over 400 frist place wins at shows its the real deal , i turned down 21k for it two years ago off a footballer at a show somethings are just not forsale

Bungle

« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2017, 10:35:04 pm »

Yuk
We look at them, they look through them.

chris turner

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2017, 10:38:51 pm »

you cant be that much of enthusiast as you would know what my cars worth one owner from new with only 14k on the clock still sat on its p500 from the factory with over 400 frist place wins at shows its the real deal , i turned down 21k for it two years ago off a footballer at a show somethings are just not forsale

Do you ever stop bragging ::)roll

Tosh

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2017, 11:27:06 pm »
 ;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2017, 07:20:09 am »
I have a black cat Susan.
Comfortably Numb!

Jonny 87

« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2017, 07:52:42 am »

That's not really how tax works........

Some people seem to think whatever you buy it comes off your tax bill. "If I spend £1000 then that will be £1000 less tax to pay"

In reality your spending £1000 to save £290 (unless your earning over £40k then it's slightly more) off your tax bill. Your still out of pocket by £710.

It just seems great the first year of your big purchase because You can use up your capital allowance and nearly wipe out your tax bill, but the following year you will be then be hit by a big tax bill where you have to pay on account.

If 2 companies earns £50k but one company spends £20k on a new vehicle the company who is still running there old van will have much higher profit, but just pay more tax. It still works out as more money in their hand at the end of the day though.

You just have to take into consideration if your older work vehicle is costing you days off work if it's unreliable and in the garage being repaired, then it's a good idea like dazmond to take the plunge.

Don't just buy a new vehicle every other year to keep your tax down. It's a false economy.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2017, 08:30:25 am »

it not that its people give it the big one about knowing thing about cars yet drive around in piles of poope , ive been a petrol head from day one and have a good few cars and buses and bikes and over the years ive paid very little for them and watched them rocket up in value real  enthusiasts are switch on and know what there talking about I bought my spilt screen samba bus 20 years ago for 1200 quid as I saw them just starting to lift now worth 35-250k same as the rs2000 my hubby as

we have just bought a saxo vts I think it is , one owner 17k on the clock 1700 pounds , do you think were mad ? or have we made a good investment ? if you have the room and can store them right its better returns then the bank

chris turner

« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2017, 09:00:57 am »

it not that its people give it the big one about knowing thing about cars yet drive around in piles of poope , ive been a petrol head from day one and have a good few cars and buses and bikes and over the years ive paid very little for them and watched them rocket up in value real  enthusiasts are switch on and know what there talking about I bought my spilt screen samba bus 20 years ago for 1200 quid as I saw them just starting to lift now worth 35-250k same as the rs2000 my hubby as

we have just bought a saxo vts I think it is , one owner 17k on the clock 1700 pounds , do you think were mad ? or have we made a good investment ? if you have the room and can store them right its better returns then the bank

I'm not into old cars. To me mk1 golfs and saxo vts are piles of poop resigned to the scrap heap.
I just don't see the value in them.
Give me a Tesla anyday over some old school, boy racer heap of junk.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2017, 10:13:43 am »

That's not really how tax works........

Some people seem to think whatever you buy it comes off your tax bill. "If I spend £1000 then that will be £1000 less tax to pay"

In reality your spending £1000 to save £290 (unless your earning over £40k then it's slightly more) off your tax bill. Your still out of pocket by £710.

It just seems great the first year of your big purchase because You can use up your capital allowance and nearly wipe out your tax bill, but the following year you will be then be hit by a big tax bill where you have to pay on account.

If 2 companies earns £50k but one company spends £20k on a new vehicle the company who is still running there old van will have much higher profit, but just pay more tax. It still works out as more money in their hand at the end of the day though.

You just have to take into consideration if your older work vehicle is costing you days off work if it's unreliable and in the garage being repaired, then it's a good idea like dazmond to take the plunge.

Don't just buy a new vehicle every other year to keep your tax down. It's a false economy.

As my "chartered" accountant told me- "don't ever spend money to save on paying tax unless it's something that you actually require, it's false economy"!
Comfortably Numb!

Stoots

« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2017, 12:10:52 pm »
I will always miss my series 1 escorts RS turbo. Paid 1500 for it around 2001. It was a good price then, I ended up blowing it up and rebuilding the engine with all uprated components.  Then someone offered me 5k for it and I sold it. I've missed it everyday since. I was a blue oval enthusiast back then had no time for any other makes, if it wasn't an RS or a cossie I wasn't interested.