Tosh

Dazmond - your new van.
« on: January 26, 2017, 07:06:54 pm »
Are you going to tell us when it arrives?

Are you going to tell us when you’ve got the system fitted?

Are you going to tell us about how excited you are the day before you first go out in it to work?

Are you going to tell us about how you first day went?

Are you going to tell us a week after you’ve been working in it how much better it is compared to your previous setup?

Are you going to tell us how everyone should sell their existing setup and get credit to buy a brand new one?

Are you going to tell us, 6 months after you’ve taken it out for its first days work, how you’ve changed your mind?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

Re: Dazmond - your new van.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 07:28:34 pm »
Knowing Dazmond's luck after it's all kitted out will get written off or nicked within the first week.  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 07:33:26 pm »

Are you going to tell us about how excited you are the day before you first go out in it to work?

Are you going to tell us a week after you’ve been working in it how much better it is compared to your previous setup?

Are you going to tell us how everyone should sell their existing setup and get credit to buy a brand new one?

Are you going to tell us, 6 months after you’ve taken it out for its first days work, how you’ve changed your mind?

;D ;D ;D probably!

anyway fatty its not that long ago you were driving that old vauxall combo about! ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 07:49:30 pm »
It don't matter what you drive as long as it earns you money surely?

Or in your case costs you money and you still have nothing to show for it at the end of the day   ;D

Oh look at him he must be doing well as he has a new van. Custards now will start thinking "Hmmm...maybe we are paying him way too much and the cheeky begger has just put his prices up"  ???

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 07:54:40 pm »

;D ;D ;D probably!

anyway fatty its not that long ago you were driving that old vauxall combo about! ;) ;D ;D ;D

4 years actually ;) Ive got two payments left on Transit Custom. I got an email from Ford today, asking if Id like to consider trading it in. How I laughed. ;) ;) ;)
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 08:00:29 pm »

Or in your case costs you money and you still have nothing to show for it at the end of the day   ;D

each to their own mate but seriously im sick to death of having old vans.ive never had anything new in my life!this van will cost me 20k in 5 years(including the balloon payment)but then itll only be £200-£300 peppercorn rental a year if i keep it after that.the van will earn me £200,000-£250,000 in that time.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 08:01:49 pm »

;D ;D ;D probably!

4 years actually ;) Ive got two payments left on Transit Custom. I got an email from Ford today, asking if Id like to consider trading it in. How I laughed. ;) ;) ;)

;D ;D ;D so your keeping it then matt?

Scrimble

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 08:06:51 pm »
20k for a tranny connect

Dazmond you fool

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 08:11:22 pm »

;D ;D ;D probably!

;D ;D ;D so your keeping it then matt?

Yup.

I want a bit of relief of having a second mortgage payment coming out every month but also want to plough the money thats been going on the van to a couple of areas of expansion that Im pushing at the moment. With some success it has to be said, but want to up the tempo on it throughout the spring.

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 08:12:49 pm »

each to their own mate but seriously im sick to death of having old vans.ive never had anything new in my life!this van will cost me 20k in 5 years(including the balloon payment)but then itll only be £200-£300 peppercorn rental a year if i keep it after that.the van will earn me £200,000-£250,000 in that time.

If you pay the balloon payment at the end doesn’t that mean the van becomes yours? Why pay peppercorn rent?

If you have to continue paying rent on it etc then you can’t sell it as yours?

Dry Clean

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 08:13:48 pm »

Are you saying you will have paid 20k over five years and still not own it ?
What's the cash price of your van ?

Miko67

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 08:41:59 pm »
20 grand and it's still not yours?
Bit mad if u ask me. What does peppercorn payment mean?

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 09:50:06 pm »
20k for a tranny connect

Dazmond you fool

you ve never got anything good to say have you mate?

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 09:55:41 pm »

Are you saying you will have paid 20k over five years and still not own it ?
What's the cash price of your van ?

£21,500 including VAT.its the limited version(1.6 tdci,115ps,L2,240)top spec.i can sell it after 5 years and do a new deal on another brand new van if i want.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 10:01:17 pm »

it means you pay a small fee every year to carry on using the van after the rental agreement and the balloon payment has been paid(say £200)if you want to keep the van.

anyway im not paying for it.my customers are! ;)

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 10:09:39 pm »

If you pay the balloon payment at the end doesn’t that mean the van becomes yours? Why pay peppercorn rent?

If you have to continue paying rent on it etc then you can’t sell it as yours?

its a business finance lease matt.you can sell the van after 5 years and pay the balloon payment (and pocket the difference if you get more for the van than the balloon payment)and do a new deal on a new van OR pay the balloon off yourself and keep the van yourself for a peppercorn rental every year.

if you sell the van after say 10 years the finance company get 2.5%.

at no point is the van yours but you can sign write it and put a private plate on it(which i will be doing)

Dave Willis

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 10:48:10 pm »

it means you pay a small fee every year to carry on using the van after the rental agreement and the balloon payment has been paid(say £200)if you want to keep the van.

That's nothing, my customers have paid for my house outright, they've bought my Mrs her car, my van and will be paying for my kids education!

Miko67

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 11:03:40 pm »
A peppercorn ballon. Who comes out with this pish.
Good luck daz. It is good to have a new van right enough hope all goes well with it.

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 11:04:40 pm »

That's nothing, my customers have paid for my house outright, they've bought my Mrs her car, my van and will be paying for my kids education!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 11:17:39 pm »
Your buying peace of mind mate.

At the mileage you do and if you look after it with regular services it will last you a very very long time and give you a nice sense of pride having a shiny van that lots of shiners will Be jealous of.

Don't let anyone bring you and your positivity down. Youve made the decision and that's it, onwards and upwards.

Your business is doing well, and a new vehicle will only improve it. What's £2500 a year to have a work vehicle, something that is the life and soul of our businesses.

I love my cars, I've got a 2014 focus st and I'm a bit of a petrol  head, but if someone was going to come to my house and steal one of my vehicles I'd hope they took the car and not my 2007 Toyota hiace van. Our vans are THE most important business asset that we have, What's  a few thousand a year in the grand scheme of things.

Keep The posts coming daz. I look forward to seeing the new work horse.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher