cleanup

Cleaning Agency Franchises
« on: April 25, 2011, 09:00:27 pm »
Hi Forum,

Just realised, I  had inadvertently put this thread in the Window Cleaning FAQ's section.   :-[ silly me!!

Anyway, I am currently looking at what options there are for starting up a domestic cleaning agency.  I have initially been looking at franchises, but I don't have alot of finance.  One company called point2point cleaning looks interesting.  They provide all the paperwork and a website to get you set up quickly.  Any one on here have any opinions on this option/company?  Any advice gratefully recieved.  :)

cleanup

Re: Cleaning Agency Franchises
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 08:23:09 pm »
Thanks for replying Steve,

I do understand that hardwork is the essence of starting a successful cleaning business.  I am not afraid of hardwork I can assure you of that!! The franchise I mention only supplies knowhow, paperwork, forms etc, and the rest is still up to me to actually get the business up and running.  Obviously, I want to start off in the best way possible, with as much good, tried and tested advice, as possible. 

Thanks again for your reply,

Alan   

eduardo

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 09:53:38 pm »
Hi,

I say to you keep your money and do it yourself. My wife and I did it our way and we havn'te looked back at all.I did a lot of research on the web of various franchises, posed as client, prospective franchisee and eventually we put our own business together.Get them to send you all their forms, brochures etc and you build up your own business.

Once you have the basic then you need to advertise on free listing directories,do leaflets and telesales with local businesses, letting agents etc. We did our fair share of leafleting and eventually it all payed off. The most important in all this is you personal and professional input, attitude and business acumen.Always put yourself in the clients shoes and ask yourself the questions they may ask and the answers they expect.If you can't satisfy yourself of your own skills and services you are offering then you won't succeed. But never give up and try try again!

Good luck,

Eduardo
" When there is nothing to do, there is always cleaning to do!"

cleanup

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 10:52:27 pm »
Thanks for the reply eduardo, and the info'. I do agree that setting up ourselves has got to be better, both financially and businesswise. It may take longer to get results, (let's us see!!)but I also agree this is the best way to build a successful business, for the long term.  It also forces you to learn the business from the bottom up. Thanks again for the inspirational reply.  Best of luck to you and your Wife.

Regards,

Alan