Mike Halliday

Re: £24k....PER MONTH !
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2010, 04:24:02 pm »
that's 2 people who have said Robert wouldn't lie

click this link and look at the paragraph under TOUGH MARKETING ( written in red)

http://www.alltec.co.uk/page/1qjjx/Marketing/Marketing_Seminar.html

I've already quoted the sentence but I'll quote it again..........

At the recent Carpex and CCDO (the only real shows for carpet cleaners) almost every carpet cleaner I saw told me about how bad their sales were and how they were really hurting at the moment

are you saying that you believe Robert when he says this?

ALMOST EVERY CARPET CLEANER IS HAVING BAD SALES AND IS REALLY HURTING AT THE MOMENT

While I was at CCDO almost every carpet cleanerr told me they think Robert is a money grabbing liar who has a family of goblins living up his rectum....do you believe that as well ::) ::) ::)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 04:37:52 pm »
dougs hit the nail on the head with the word "manipulated"

some people are susceptible to manipulation and some simply smile and get on with what they know best.

i know which one i choose :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

robert meldrum

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2010, 04:52:41 pm »
If you sell Carpet Cleaning as a service you'd be pretty stupid to plant any doubt in a prospects head about the expected result from your efforts.
Equally...If you sell training and marketing for a living you'd be equally stupid to suggest there's no need for your service as everyone's doing just fine.
Not wishing to cast doubt in anyone's credibility but there can't be many carpet cleaners who are truly doing well at the moment and .............the same people who tell one person they're struggling may well tell another person they're doing really well.
Proof ...........is rarely more than the desired or expected outcome !

garry22

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2010, 05:42:12 pm »
It's interesting.

In the USA, lot's of people are falling foul of FTC regulations, which state you cannot use just your best results. You have to show average results. Now that's a bit of a bugger when only one person in ten uses your sytem properly.

This applies to anyone selling from a site being seen in the US. Where they are based geographically is irrelevant, so may even affect some of us here.

I do not for one minute think that Robert has made the earnings figure up. It may not however, be typical.

Maybe Robert only spoke to a few people, not all.

craigp

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2010, 07:17:29 pm »
that's 2 people who have said Robert wouldn't lie

click this link and look at the paragraph under TOUGH MARKETING ( written in red)

http://www.alltec.co.uk/page/1qjjx/Marketing/Marketing_Seminar.html

I've already quoted the sentence but I'll quote it again..........

At the recent Carpex and CCDO (the only real shows for carpet cleaners) almost every carpet cleaner I saw told me about how bad their sales were and how they were really hurting at the moment

are you saying that you believe Robert when he says this?

ALMOST EVERY CARPET CLEANER IS HAVING BAD SALES AND IS REALLY HURTING AT THE MOMENT

While I was at CCDO almost every carpet cleanerr told me they think Robert is a money grabbing liar who has a family of goblins living up his rectum....do you believe that as well ::) ::) ::)

Weelll ;D maybe the majority did say they was slow, there is a topic on here that would be inline with that. and theres a simular topic on CCDO though I have not read it all,

He maybe he is bending it a bit, I dont know.

I use my best before and afters.

I can see how his marketing can be annoying.

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 08:29:52 pm »
Hey, just had a thought, maybe the guy from angelas angels has attended the seminar   ;D his ebay item might be the notes from it? bargain for £20 then eh  :-\ 

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 08:49:03 pm »
The real problemis the Code of Silience

Which is understandable

Piere Craig  Colin Dave Martin paid a lot of money to be part of it.

But as an avid thread reader over the years

I recall on a recent thread   Ian Harper said he saw Accounts when he was part of Alerg Stop of a well known playeron fasttrack and I think on 100k turnover Advertising was 50k
I did go to check it a few days latter but I think one of those darn Moderators must have deleted it?
On a Martin Riley CD I think he was putting out 5k lpink leaflets a week
His wife was doing the Audits Listening to Web Cast Piere followed this model
But it only works if you have top of range equipment and get at least £150 a job
As i have said before the danger is some young enthusisatic cleaner reads stuff like this and follow this receipie with their Credit Cards without knowing the full receipie.
I have probably lost my free lunches  and I need my machine repaired next week

robert meldrum

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 09:25:38 pm »
Let's talk sense here..................if someone is paying out £50k in advertising costs and getting £100 k return. That would be OK for one year but there should be a major effort to retain their customers and work the customer list from day one.
By doing so the direct advertising costs should be reduced and replaced to a great extent by getting referrals and repeats .
Only problem with this is.............you have to be doing an excellent job and delivering what customers can see as good value for money.
I don't know what's in the F/T programme but the Piranha programme and other marketing programmes have promoted this way of working for decades.

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2010, 12:10:10 am »
Funny how he posts on the for sale board but not this....... ::) ::) ::)
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

james roffey

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2010, 12:59:18 am »
De Wet

And by the way, Pierre is a really great bloke as is Kev Barber. Always has time for everyone and anyone.

I know Pierre and as already mentioned is a really nice guy, i will say one thing about him though every penny he invests in his business, and he is the most driven guy i know i likened him to the Richard Branson of carpet cleaners he may not be the greatest carpet cleaner in the world, or he may be, but one thing is for sure he dont sit on his arse waiting for the phone to ring so good luck to him

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2010, 09:28:44 am »
Yeah, when he's not cleaning carpets he's doing seminar making more money lol

How much are these so called fast track things anyway?

Gurus, who'd have em..

JandS

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2010, 09:54:23 am »
No such thing as fast track when your running a business like this.
Unless you have a lot of money behind you to start with.
As for seminars to tell you how to make it big time?
There's scores of websites out there on t'internet that tell you
the same thing these seminars preach.
And guess what     THEY'RE FREE.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

murky

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2010, 11:09:45 am »
And dont forget where that Pierre de Wett works, he's in Cambridge and hes got a ghost number for over in Harpenden.

Well thats hardly Doncaster or Castleford or some of the poorer regions of the country is it.

So once he started to get his window customers over into cleaning their carpets he was hardly going to fail was he.  Ok he did the marketing etc but Cambridge is hardly a tough council town is it.

What would happen if you did the FT thing and started up in the Cambridge area I dont think you would do as well as him.

Murky

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2010, 11:27:26 am »
There are several Fast Trackers in Cambridge

I was supprised at the progress Piere has made.

On my previous post  I do not think the marketing costs stayed at 50%

If you follow the Mini Marketing Programme you will have very little Marketing Costs

But you do need to bee Good at doing a Full House Audit. and do Amazing Work with attention to detail like wiping skirting boards

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2010, 11:26:50 pm »
Hopefully some Forum members attended the Seminar today

And will be able to report on the missing details.

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2010, 12:19:34 am »
Take a look in the mirror!!!! do you sit on CIP for 3 hours a night??? do you moan about not being busy? does the phone not ring enough for you ???

Id say 85% of carpet cleaners on CIP the answer is yes to all the questions I have asked?

Are you also the ones that think C.L.E.AN will not make it???

Do you moan about the £15room and £30 sofa clean guys???

well guess what there are guys on here that do Fast Track and they never moan about the phone NOT ringing!!!!

If you spend half as much time on your marketing as you do Clean it up you would be be making that much more money and far too busy for INTERNET FORUMS!!!

Just a thought I no I shall be slagged off for this post But If I can make a few people think about where they WANT to be and where they ARE......JOb done.

Lets not slag off guys that are making money, lets push the Industry up so more do this!

Carpet cleaners can be lazy!!!!! FACT!!!  we wait for the phone to ring get the job to job get cash!!!!

were not paying to have our own job!!!! customers are paying us to to a JOB
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

james roffey

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2010, 01:25:50 am »
Some valid points made, no flak from me.
But i dont sit and wait for the phone to ring, i am always busy even when i am not, work that one out ???
As a newbie its a matter of survival with the bank and building society breathing down my neck, regarding why the fastrackers are not contributing to the forum, probably too busy ;D but i am not knocking the forums either they have made this new venture possible :)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2010, 07:25:41 am »
Barry I think you are taking rubbish

I don't think 85% moan about no being busy or the phone not ringing, often there are post about not being busy and others agrees but what about the people who don't comment who are busy.

as for spending 3hrs on CIU every night, does anyone really do this? I think I'm the most prolific reader of CIU but I just tend to scan the site through the evening while sat on my computer or watching TV.

what has moaning about the £15/room £30/suite companies got to do with anything?

nobody is slagging off anybody for making money, have you read this topic from the beginning? its about dubious marketing and uninstantiated claims of earning, I have read more praise for the guys mentioned than 'slagging off'

mike

ps 'CLEAN'...... whats that? ;)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2010, 08:13:26 am »
The Fastrack guys (or Success Coach as it's now called) pay a lot of money to be members of the scheme, so it's no surprise that they don't come on here and tell everyone about it for free.

Plus there is so much cynicism on here that even if they took the trouble to answer questions, they would no doubt be met with disbelief.

With regards to Alltec's marketing - well, it's no different to the way Joe Polish, Howard Partridge and Dan Kennedy try to attract new clients. It will interest some and put off others, equally it will work for some and not others.

Robert is running some Discovery Days at the moment - it will only cost you £ 37 to find out.

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2010, 08:26:18 am »
Take a look in the mirror!!!! do you sit on CIP for 3 hours a night??? do you moan about not being busy? does the phone not ring enough for you ???

Id say 85% of carpet cleaners on CIP the answer is yes to all the questions I have asked?

Are you also the ones that think C.L.E.AN will not make it???

Do you moan about the £15room and £30 sofa clean guys???

well guess what there are guys on here that do Fast Track and they never moan about the phone NOT ringing!!!!

If you spend half as much time on your marketing as you do Clean it up you would be be making that much more money and far too busy for INTERNET FORUMS!!!

Just a thought I no I shall be slagged off for this post But If I can make a few people think about where they WANT to be and where they ARE......JOb done.

Lets not slag off guys that are making money, lets push the Industry up so more do this!

Carpet cleaners can be lazy!!!!! FACT!!!  we wait for the phone to ring get the job to job get cash!!!!

were not paying to have our own job!!!! customers are paying us to to a JOB
What are you talking about?  Just because people on here are not fasttrack, you are saying they all sit in front of  the PC three hours every night. Get real....
We all have busy lifes too.