robert meldrum

£24k....PER MONTH !
« on: April 22, 2010, 07:02:47 pm »
Just got an e'mail from Alltec about a teleseminar with two gents who are apparently earning £20000 and £24000 in a month incredible figures !

richy27

Re: £24k....PER MONTH !
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 07:20:24 pm »
Just got an e'mail from Alltec about a teleseminar with two gents who are apparently earning £20000 and £24000 in a month incredible figures !

turnover is vanity wonder how much of that is profit

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 07:34:20 pm »
Wasn't me, well not every month ;D

Shaun

colin thomas

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 07:42:32 pm »
once got chatting to a chem dry franchisee who told me that although he turned over about 4 times the amount i did i probably had more disposable income than he did, his profit all went on wages/equipment/warehouse/van upkeep etc. i only have myself to consider,
just a thought,

colin
colin thomas

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 07:45:47 pm »
Colin you're just selfish 'all for yourself'

Shaun

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:47:51 pm »
I tried to ask that one, on on of the teleseminars, how much is profit, after paying his staff, warehouse,etc.  I did not get a straight answer.
But I guess, if you act like a pro, price up like a pro. have a good machine,van, etc. have some kind of after care program and good money to advertise. Then why not earn top dollar prices.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 07:49:35 pm »
here is a quote from ALLTEC

At the recent Carpex and CCDO (the only real shows for carpet cleaners) almost every carpet cleaner I saw told me about how bad their sales were and how they were really hurting at the moment …

ok.......... Everyone who went to the ccdo........ own up......... which of you told Robert you were really hurting at the moment & sales were really bad?

must have been most of you  because like he says almost every carpet cleaner told him so

just goes to shows the guy will say anything to sell his marketing ::) ::) ::)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 07:53:28 pm »
Exactly Colin

Pierre de witt is the one doing £20,000 (cambridge) and I think Kevin Barber (essex) is the one doing £24,000 apparently.

Pierre has 3 vans I believe but Kevin has one. Pierre's profit cant be huge with what you just mentioned, but Kevins must be - going on the fact he's only got one van.

I know an ex franchisee (wont say where from) who had about 3 or 4 areas with 3 vans and 2 other technicians. Thought he was the bees knees ::)

He left it and now runs only one van. He realised that turnover wasnt the same as profit, now does about the same [profit] but without all the hassle of staff/vans etc.

Mark

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 08:02:50 pm »
Doesn't Pierre do window cleaning also?

BTW is it Pierre de Witt or de Wet? as he sometimes advertises.

Shaun

adimarsh

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 08:11:11 pm »
De Wet

And by the way, Pierre is a really great bloke as is Kev Barber. Always has time for everyone and anyone.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 08:11:36 pm »
Ok here a is a quick marketing lesson for Alltec ;D ;D

My name is Billy Bigbucks and I want to teach you how i earn a million pounds a month"

"now i know  you do not believe me so i will show you my original  tax return from the tax office showing that during my tax year sept 08-sept09 I earned 12 million pound"s

when i see a statement like that I will believe the B/S but until then that all it is B/S

if they want to talk about £24k a month then show us the proof

jasonl

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 08:19:06 pm »
I think that  one day , once  , they earned a grand gross  in a day , so they have multiplied it out  x 24 working days in a month.

I do know a CD franchissee  who does  12  grand a month ,, no insurance work at all ,, he nets 2500 a month , lives in an ex councill house , drives a crap car.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

adimarsh

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 08:31:50 pm »
Guys, if you saw their average job price you wouldn't be asking where the money comes from. I spent a day with the Alltec boys some time ago and I have to say not once did I hear them moan or complain. Why would they need to? All started out, as most of us do, at the bottom. If their marketing and sales is better than ours then who's fault is that? Don't have a go at them just because of their success.

You may, or may not, be a fan of Alltec. I use some of their stuff but by no means all, it's too American for me but that's my choice. Robert runs his company in the way he see's fit, just as you and I do.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 08:40:41 pm »
I/m not having a go just asking them to prove what they say.

if was selling a slimming pill that helped you  lose 10stone in a month, you would ask for proof,

if I was selling a hair restorer that would stop baldness you would ask for proof.

I i told you teach you to speak french in 20hours you would ask for proof.

that's all i want to see......... proof

peter maybury

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 08:44:22 pm »
I could quite easily earn 24k per month if I could find enough suckers to pay to hear me talk about how much I earn.
It would be a lot easier that carpet cleaning.    Any takers?
Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

adimarsh

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 08:52:37 pm »
Mike

Didn't think you were 'having a go' and you have every right to ask for proof. :) Not that they need me to defend them, I just didn't want to see a 'let's get the Alltec boys' campaign getting started when, having met them all and having a lot of respect for their achievments, there are more worthy targets to be shot at. IMO

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 08:56:56 pm »
I agree Adi.

We rightly moan about the cheap splash and dash merchants, perhaps we should give these guys some credit and aspire to get anywhere near their level.

adimarsh

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 09:02:48 pm »
Heck Steve, someone who think's like me ???Now that's scary.

derek west

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 09:10:29 pm »
i like pierre, he said my vid was good. ;D i'd like him even more if he donated a fiver to my sons charity ;D ;)

i'm sure he will as his name begins with "P" :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 09:22:47 pm »
I'm sure that there's nothing wrong with the guy I don't think anyone is really saying that but if £20 k a month is far more than your best you do need undeniable proof, I have done these figures and they take some doing and selling, many of the Fast Track that do consistanty well and charge high and also do high turn over are based in the South.

Shaun

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 09:32:58 pm »
i like pierre, he said my vid was good. ;D

Youtube Comment spamming is a good for his marketing  ;)

Got to agree with Mike here. You see it all the time in the Internet Marketing world. Ebooks promising you "make $1000 a day using this system!" etc

Its simple really, why would they go out of thier way to teach people (and charge a handsome fee i persume) if they make that kinda money??
Personaly i wouldn't teach anyone my "secrets of the carpet cleaning multi millonaries"! Why would i want to teach potential local rivals...

derek west

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 09:40:06 pm »
commenting on someone elses video is good for there own marketting?

how does that work?

i'll spend a day doing it if it does ;)

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 10:09:50 pm »
Of course.

The more comments you have on releted videos the more traffic you'll have to your youtube "account page" wich leads to more subscribers, viewers to your videos, comments on your videos etc etc The more views you have to a video the higher you appear on youtube search results.

So then he can sell his seminars on how to make loads of dosh to all us poor carpet cleaners :)

Tony

adimarsh

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 10:12:41 pm »
Just an idea.....why don't you ask him?

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 10:25:30 pm »
ok.......... Everyone who went to the ccdo........ own up......... which of you told Robert you were really hurting at the moment & sales were really bad?

I was there and I didn't say anything to him, so that's one less.
Mind you I'm led to believe that Anthy Turner was there too, or was that just subliminal mind games care of Altec.

jasonl

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 10:35:02 pm »

I was there and I didn't say anything to him, so that's one less.
Mind you I'm led to believe that Anthy Turner was there too, or was that just subliminal mind games care of Altec.

+1
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

derek west

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 10:42:53 pm »
+2

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 10:56:06 pm »
+3

adimarsh

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 07:46:58 am »
+4

richie

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 08:26:29 am »
A mate of mine that i worked for was turning over between 24k and 31k per month although that was mainly insurance work.

Richie.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 08:43:08 am »
In answer to Mr Hs I want proof. It is there Piere De Wet, Dave Lee The Guy who is now a property millionaire. Indeed Mike if you ran a Seminar on your Marketing you would fill the room. But as you have said what works for you may not work for others My complaint about Webinairs is they are LOVE INS they never tell you anything Although I thought Piers story was very interistingand inspiring
Bit like Frank Betiger How I raised myself from Ayslum Seaker to Succesful Carpet Cleaner in 5 Years with my waterfed pole to elp me on the way But you need that Glint and Drive this Young Couple obviously have. About 18 months ago I was on a Rug Cleaning Course and Piere and his wife were there Robert came in the room saying one of is ex Fastrackers a well known one from the early days  from Bedford was selling his Truckmount  lists adverts etc the price was good. Piere was a bit concerned about buying it as i presume cash was not readily to hand. But maybee thats where second Truckmount came from
I also understan he has opened a Rug Cleaning Plant, I am still negotiating with my 85 year old deaf mother for the use of her double garage  where she pots 10 plants a year. But that is the diffrence Action
On the last Webcast I asked where do you get Pink Paper Robert Just Scoffed.
I do not know if he realises the price of PinK Paper has Doubled this year
And Piere uses A3

adimarsh

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 09:28:04 am »
Ian, not meant to be a smart ar...e answer but, use yellow. On the general subject of marketing, it's a bit like chasing rainbows, get to the crock of gold and find the darn things moved!! Even in my short four years of CC'ing the markets changed, what worked then doesn't work now.

Hilton

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 09:33:49 am »
If I was one of those chaps, and I was looking in on here and reading these posts I would be laughing my head off,
having said that if they are using their turn over to sell a concept then of course you have to provide proof.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 09:35:09 am »
Adi
I actually use Green But with Viking its gone through the roof
I was going on to say on another Webcast Steve Barnet came on taking loads of money from his Web Site

Not sure how

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 10:30:58 am »
I am surprised Pierre has not added to this thread. Maybe he thinks he is better than everyone else and thinks everyone on here is negative. It would not suprise me.

I know he got him self in a lot of debt when he  first started up, with top of the range equipment,  van, a few 1000 for advertising etc.

In the words of Pierre. "I have to make it a success".  I great mind-set to have when starting a business.
He has made a success of it. well done on that score. 

Joe H

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 11:05:08 am »
Maybe he has not been on line and seen the thread.

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 11:57:00 am »
I was going on to say on another Webcast Steve Barnet came on taking loads of money from his Web Site

I was then Ian, not at the moment though, the bloody phone isn't ringing - full stop.

Perhaps the reason the likes of Pierre don't post on here regularly is that they are too busy working and running their businesses, while we are on here bitching about how quiet it is !

Mike Halliday

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 12:59:30 pm »
my post might look a bit negative I have the utmost respect for Pierre & Colin but marketing is a subject I take a lot of interest in. & there are certain formats that different marketing concepts follow.

what is being sold in this email is 'an end result' the end result is earning £24k a month .

when a result is marketed the marketing format must contain proof.

here are some examples, (I have put the proof in bold)

the Oxiadditive advert on TV where they get a glass container and dip the dirty white T shirt into the solution and it comes out clean

the Slimfast advert where the woman holds a up a photo of herself 12months earlier looking really fat

the Clearasil advert showing a girl with  spots she uses the cream and 3 days later the spot has gone

all these examples show visual proof the product works, why don't they just say "use this product it works great" ?

Anyone who know anything about marketing know people require visual proof to believe a statement, that's why lots of marketing uses before & after photos it gives visual proof

look at the top of CIUs homepage , can you see an advert for the Rotavac 360 what does the advert show? Visual proof that the Rotavac360 works better than a wand.

Now I can't believe that Alltec don't understand this, if they used visual proof that what they are saying is true then it will kill any negative comments dead, so why don't they uses it?

craigp

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 03:32:49 pm »
What do you want? a bank statment? I dont think he would email that for obvious reasons.

imo Robert would not lie, he may have used their best monthly figure which could have been a one off because of some big jobs.

But either way these guys are doing well.

Ian try Muro Digital for paper! ALOT cheaper than viking.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 04:09:14 pm »
Hi Guys

I'm sure Robert wouldn't lie but stats can be manipulated.

If Pierre spent 5 K on advertising , then he could easily bring in 24 K.

Cheers

Doug

Mike Halliday

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2010, 04:24:02 pm »
that's 2 people who have said Robert wouldn't lie

click this link and look at the paragraph under TOUGH MARKETING ( written in red)

http://www.alltec.co.uk/page/1qjjx/Marketing/Marketing_Seminar.html

I've already quoted the sentence but I'll quote it again..........

At the recent Carpex and CCDO (the only real shows for carpet cleaners) almost every carpet cleaner I saw told me about how bad their sales were and how they were really hurting at the moment

are you saying that you believe Robert when he says this?

ALMOST EVERY CARPET CLEANER IS HAVING BAD SALES AND IS REALLY HURTING AT THE MOMENT

While I was at CCDO almost every carpet cleanerr told me they think Robert is a money grabbing liar who has a family of goblins living up his rectum....do you believe that as well ::) ::) ::)

derek west

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 04:37:52 pm »
dougs hit the nail on the head with the word "manipulated"

some people are susceptible to manipulation and some simply smile and get on with what they know best.

i know which one i choose :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

robert meldrum

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2010, 04:52:41 pm »
If you sell Carpet Cleaning as a service you'd be pretty stupid to plant any doubt in a prospects head about the expected result from your efforts.
Equally...If you sell training and marketing for a living you'd be equally stupid to suggest there's no need for your service as everyone's doing just fine.
Not wishing to cast doubt in anyone's credibility but there can't be many carpet cleaners who are truly doing well at the moment and .............the same people who tell one person they're struggling may well tell another person they're doing really well.
Proof ...........is rarely more than the desired or expected outcome !

garry22

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2010, 05:42:12 pm »
It's interesting.

In the USA, lot's of people are falling foul of FTC regulations, which state you cannot use just your best results. You have to show average results. Now that's a bit of a bugger when only one person in ten uses your sytem properly.

This applies to anyone selling from a site being seen in the US. Where they are based geographically is irrelevant, so may even affect some of us here.

I do not for one minute think that Robert has made the earnings figure up. It may not however, be typical.

Maybe Robert only spoke to a few people, not all.

craigp

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2010, 07:17:29 pm »
that's 2 people who have said Robert wouldn't lie

click this link and look at the paragraph under TOUGH MARKETING ( written in red)

http://www.alltec.co.uk/page/1qjjx/Marketing/Marketing_Seminar.html

I've already quoted the sentence but I'll quote it again..........

At the recent Carpex and CCDO (the only real shows for carpet cleaners) almost every carpet cleaner I saw told me about how bad their sales were and how they were really hurting at the moment

are you saying that you believe Robert when he says this?

ALMOST EVERY CARPET CLEANER IS HAVING BAD SALES AND IS REALLY HURTING AT THE MOMENT

While I was at CCDO almost every carpet cleanerr told me they think Robert is a money grabbing liar who has a family of goblins living up his rectum....do you believe that as well ::) ::) ::)

Weelll ;D maybe the majority did say they was slow, there is a topic on here that would be inline with that. and theres a simular topic on CCDO though I have not read it all,

He maybe he is bending it a bit, I dont know.

I use my best before and afters.

I can see how his marketing can be annoying.

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 08:29:52 pm »
Hey, just had a thought, maybe the guy from angelas angels has attended the seminar   ;D his ebay item might be the notes from it? bargain for £20 then eh  :-\ 

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 08:49:03 pm »
The real problemis the Code of Silience

Which is understandable

Piere Craig  Colin Dave Martin paid a lot of money to be part of it.

But as an avid thread reader over the years

I recall on a recent thread   Ian Harper said he saw Accounts when he was part of Alerg Stop of a well known playeron fasttrack and I think on 100k turnover Advertising was 50k
I did go to check it a few days latter but I think one of those darn Moderators must have deleted it?
On a Martin Riley CD I think he was putting out 5k lpink leaflets a week
His wife was doing the Audits Listening to Web Cast Piere followed this model
But it only works if you have top of range equipment and get at least £150 a job
As i have said before the danger is some young enthusisatic cleaner reads stuff like this and follow this receipie with their Credit Cards without knowing the full receipie.
I have probably lost my free lunches  and I need my machine repaired next week

robert meldrum

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 09:25:38 pm »
Let's talk sense here..................if someone is paying out £50k in advertising costs and getting £100 k return. That would be OK for one year but there should be a major effort to retain their customers and work the customer list from day one.
By doing so the direct advertising costs should be reduced and replaced to a great extent by getting referrals and repeats .
Only problem with this is.............you have to be doing an excellent job and delivering what customers can see as good value for money.
I don't know what's in the F/T programme but the Piranha programme and other marketing programmes have promoted this way of working for decades.

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2010, 12:10:10 am »
Funny how he posts on the for sale board but not this....... ::) ::) ::)
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

james roffey

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2010, 12:59:18 am »
De Wet

And by the way, Pierre is a really great bloke as is Kev Barber. Always has time for everyone and anyone.

I know Pierre and as already mentioned is a really nice guy, i will say one thing about him though every penny he invests in his business, and he is the most driven guy i know i likened him to the Richard Branson of carpet cleaners he may not be the greatest carpet cleaner in the world, or he may be, but one thing is for sure he dont sit on his arse waiting for the phone to ring so good luck to him

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2010, 09:28:44 am »
Yeah, when he's not cleaning carpets he's doing seminar making more money lol

How much are these so called fast track things anyway?

Gurus, who'd have em..

JandS

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2010, 09:54:23 am »
No such thing as fast track when your running a business like this.
Unless you have a lot of money behind you to start with.
As for seminars to tell you how to make it big time?
There's scores of websites out there on t'internet that tell you
the same thing these seminars preach.
And guess what     THEY'RE FREE.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

murky

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2010, 11:09:45 am »
And dont forget where that Pierre de Wett works, he's in Cambridge and hes got a ghost number for over in Harpenden.

Well thats hardly Doncaster or Castleford or some of the poorer regions of the country is it.

So once he started to get his window customers over into cleaning their carpets he was hardly going to fail was he.  Ok he did the marketing etc but Cambridge is hardly a tough council town is it.

What would happen if you did the FT thing and started up in the Cambridge area I dont think you would do as well as him.

Murky

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2010, 11:27:26 am »
There are several Fast Trackers in Cambridge

I was supprised at the progress Piere has made.

On my previous post  I do not think the marketing costs stayed at 50%

If you follow the Mini Marketing Programme you will have very little Marketing Costs

But you do need to bee Good at doing a Full House Audit. and do Amazing Work with attention to detail like wiping skirting boards

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2010, 11:26:50 pm »
Hopefully some Forum members attended the Seminar today

And will be able to report on the missing details.

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2010, 12:19:34 am »
Take a look in the mirror!!!! do you sit on CIP for 3 hours a night??? do you moan about not being busy? does the phone not ring enough for you ???

Id say 85% of carpet cleaners on CIP the answer is yes to all the questions I have asked?

Are you also the ones that think C.L.E.AN will not make it???

Do you moan about the £15room and £30 sofa clean guys???

well guess what there are guys on here that do Fast Track and they never moan about the phone NOT ringing!!!!

If you spend half as much time on your marketing as you do Clean it up you would be be making that much more money and far too busy for INTERNET FORUMS!!!

Just a thought I no I shall be slagged off for this post But If I can make a few people think about where they WANT to be and where they ARE......JOb done.

Lets not slag off guys that are making money, lets push the Industry up so more do this!

Carpet cleaners can be lazy!!!!! FACT!!!  we wait for the phone to ring get the job to job get cash!!!!

were not paying to have our own job!!!! customers are paying us to to a JOB
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

james roffey

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2010, 01:25:50 am »
Some valid points made, no flak from me.
But i dont sit and wait for the phone to ring, i am always busy even when i am not, work that one out ???
As a newbie its a matter of survival with the bank and building society breathing down my neck, regarding why the fastrackers are not contributing to the forum, probably too busy ;D but i am not knocking the forums either they have made this new venture possible :)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2010, 07:25:41 am »
Barry I think you are taking rubbish

I don't think 85% moan about no being busy or the phone not ringing, often there are post about not being busy and others agrees but what about the people who don't comment who are busy.

as for spending 3hrs on CIU every night, does anyone really do this? I think I'm the most prolific reader of CIU but I just tend to scan the site through the evening while sat on my computer or watching TV.

what has moaning about the £15/room £30/suite companies got to do with anything?

nobody is slagging off anybody for making money, have you read this topic from the beginning? its about dubious marketing and uninstantiated claims of earning, I have read more praise for the guys mentioned than 'slagging off'

mike

ps 'CLEAN'...... whats that? ;)

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2010, 08:13:26 am »
The Fastrack guys (or Success Coach as it's now called) pay a lot of money to be members of the scheme, so it's no surprise that they don't come on here and tell everyone about it for free.

Plus there is so much cynicism on here that even if they took the trouble to answer questions, they would no doubt be met with disbelief.

With regards to Alltec's marketing - well, it's no different to the way Joe Polish, Howard Partridge and Dan Kennedy try to attract new clients. It will interest some and put off others, equally it will work for some and not others.

Robert is running some Discovery Days at the moment - it will only cost you £ 37 to find out.

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2010, 08:26:18 am »
Take a look in the mirror!!!! do you sit on CIP for 3 hours a night??? do you moan about not being busy? does the phone not ring enough for you ???

Id say 85% of carpet cleaners on CIP the answer is yes to all the questions I have asked?

Are you also the ones that think C.L.E.AN will not make it???

Do you moan about the £15room and £30 sofa clean guys???

well guess what there are guys on here that do Fast Track and they never moan about the phone NOT ringing!!!!

If you spend half as much time on your marketing as you do Clean it up you would be be making that much more money and far too busy for INTERNET FORUMS!!!

Just a thought I no I shall be slagged off for this post But If I can make a few people think about where they WANT to be and where they ARE......JOb done.

Lets not slag off guys that are making money, lets push the Industry up so more do this!

Carpet cleaners can be lazy!!!!! FACT!!!  we wait for the phone to ring get the job to job get cash!!!!

were not paying to have our own job!!!! customers are paying us to to a JOB
What are you talking about?  Just because people on here are not fasttrack, you are saying they all sit in front of  the PC three hours every night. Get real....
We all have busy lifes too.

jasonl

« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2010, 09:05:26 am »

24K/MONTH.Turnover.                     6k/month turnover

2X Vans  = 2000                              1xolder van  1000

4x employees = 6000                        0 employees

marketing costs  8000                       500

Chemicals 2000                                 500

Phones/misc  1000                            500

19,000                      2,500 

Net                 5000                         3500

I have operated both of these models , the 24k one assumes  that the employees   bring in over 500/ working day year round, no premises costs allowed for or extra admin staff.  The 8k marketing is for the time  spent doing fast track items and cost of implementing it.
In my opinion , not worth it, unless you have very deep pockets to fund it , in which case there are far simpler , more life style friendly businesses to be in.

I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2010, 10:39:18 am »
I don't sit infront of my computer all night waiting for replies, it's on and when I walk past I have a look, I am often doing other things many times I have been doing envelope labels etc for marketing does that count as being on here or being proactive? I often go for a run and then come back on here for a read, I still go to work ever and am always booked up.

Shaun

JandS

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2010, 11:51:25 am »
More to life than just work.
I make more than enough to live comfortably and enjoy life.
If I want to be on here for 3 hours I can do because I can
afford to do.
I go out running and cycling because being self employed
I choose when to work and I make time for myself.
I don't pay money for scams like fast track.
At the end of the day whether your business will thrive or dive
is all down to you.

John

robert meldrum

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2010, 02:58:14 pm »
J&S
Calling Fast Track a scam is totally out of order. It's a marketing program which like any marketing program " sells the sizzle " to get customers which is the same thing any marketing activity should be doing.
I am NOT a F/T but I attended several seminars / open days / etc with the Saunders Bros and I bought the original Piranha package which spawned the F/T setup.
Sure you'll find loads of marketing MATERIAL on the internet and in any book shop, but reading it won't motivate most people and that's what F/T or similar programs does.
Most people lack the drive or confidence to just get out there and do it as you can witness on any forum
Whatever machine, or chemicals, or methods you employ must have been infuenced by someone's marketing efforts to get your interest and any work you do is the result of YOUR marketing efforts.
Some might regard c/c'rs who charge high prices as scammers or con merchants as they don't give better value than others although they probably claim they do!

JandS

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2010, 03:43:28 pm »
"Most people lack the drive or confidence to just get out there and do it as you can witness on any forum"

Think having no money coming in would be enough to give someone confidence and drive.
To be honest I think I'm mixing up Fast Track with something else, is it not where you go to
one of these seminars in a hotel in Leeds and some smart talker tells you "you can be the best"
but by the way I want £1000 and I'll tell you how.
Think FT might be something different after all.

John

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2010, 03:57:18 pm »
Why would someone want to tell you their trade secrets for success for nothing? love the idea or hate it Chemdry use alot of the ideas and maybe implimented them before Joe Polish but for that you have to pay £20 000 (I think) and on going royalties and they get big money jobs, it's no scam it just takes you out of your comfort zone.

Shaun

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2010, 04:35:11 pm »

I am no expert, but having leafllets go out every week helps. Or the phone tends to go dead. Fasttrack or not.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2010, 04:45:21 pm »
John,

If you donot know what Success Coach is go to The Discovery Day.

Its more than just a Marketing Programme its a Complete Training Programme.
I know a lot of The Fast Track Stuff
And I think it helps to get higher prices, but you need to be organised to implement it.
For Instance Before you go and do an Audit, you send a Confirmation of Apointment Letter
This Letter is Selling your Services. You send your Consumer Information Guide.
So hopefully when you get there the cusyomer has decided against any other company
You motivate people to call you by offering to clean the first 200 square feet for free.
If I go on I will be shot ;D ;D

adimarsh

« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2010, 06:32:04 pm »
Ian

Bang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2010, 06:38:45 pm »
John,

If you donot know what Success Coach is go to The Discovery Day.

Its more than just a Marketing Programme its a Complete Training Programme.
I know a lot of The Fast Track Stuff
And I think it helps to get higher prices, but you need to be organised to implement it.
For Instance Before you go and do an Audit, you send a Confirmation of Apointment Letter
This Letter is Selling your Services. You send your Consumer Information Guide.
So hopefully when you get there the cusyomer has decided against any other company
You motivate people to call you by offering to clean the first 200 square feet for free.
If I go on I will be shot ;D ;D

More more more more more more more more more more more more More more more more more more more more more more more more More more more more more more more more more more more more More more more more more more more more more more more more More more more more more more more more more more more more More more more more more more more more more more more more More more more more more more more more more more more more.... please thank you :)

To be honest i knew about that tact but if there is anymore you'd like to share with the community!! Ian fella, mate, buddy, good friend of ours  ;D

Tony

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2010, 07:35:32 pm »
You need the other Ian for that ;D ;D ;D ;D

I blew the beans on Mini Coaching 9 years ago.

I received a Letter of Warning

In all seriousness you can only gain an idea from these posts.
As Robert  Meldrum said it is The Motivation and the Club Spirit that Alltec , bring to the table
We all think we can do without it but Coaching can be very useful when you are on your own.##

Has that got be out of trouble.   ;D ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2010, 09:54:59 pm »
The Joe Polish stuff is only the tools the motivators are the teachers and also the slave masters keeping you focused, you don't have to use their price structures to make it work but having a higher job ticket makes you more profitable and with the extra you offer the more you want/need.

I recently bought a car from a main dealer it cost more than the back street dealer but the extras and guarantee and peace of mind was worth it when I was spending my hard earned, people think along the same lines that's why they buy at higher prices ie fast track and CD.

Shaun

robert meldrum

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2010, 11:20:13 pm »
And " honest " carpet cleaners

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2010, 11:30:56 pm »
Do you mean 'honestcarpetcare' ?

Shaun ;D

Goldfinch PCS

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2010, 03:02:08 pm »
Ok here a is a quick marketing lesson for Alltec ;D ;D

My name is Billy Bigbucks and I want to teach you how i earn a million pounds a month"

"now i know  you do not believe me so i will show you my original  tax return from the tax office showing that during my tax year sept 08-sept09 I earned 12 million pound"s

when i see a statement like that I will believe the B/S but until then that all it is B/S

if they want to talk about £24k a month then show us the proof

I like that. And don't block out the address bit when it is already displaying on you website. What's the point blocking out the address when you are trading from home?

I remember someone asking if he could see a marketer's account and he said no(well it wouldn't hurt giving a little peep , no one is saying put it on the net). So why hide his account if he is making millions and want you to do the same using his methods? I have tried some of the stuff they teach, be prepared to loose and remember it's all trial and error with no guarantee. Another think,a lot of it depends on your target market or catchment area. Just bear in mind this situation - the market collapse because of sub-prime lending, which was encourage by bush, clinton, blaire and brown. It was to get people who couldn't afford to buy houses to buy houses, So we shouldn't blame banks blame the leaders.

back to carpet cleaners - these marketing techniques are trying to get you to sell services that not everyone  or the majority can afford. So if you don't make £20,000 per month then don't blame the marketer blame yourself, why? You are may be trying to get people to buy something that they can't afford!
Goldfinch PCS
0800 612 9244
LTT PROmite(Altec) Member of - IICRC
www.goldfinchpcs.co.uk

Goldfinch PCS

« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2010, 03:11:39 pm »
In answer to Mr Hs I want proof. It is there Piere De Wet, Dave Lee The Guy who is now a property millionaire. Indeed Mike if you ran a Seminar on your Marketing you would fill the room. But as you have said what works for you may not work for others My complaint about Webinairs is they are LOVE INS they never tell you anything Although I thought Piers story was very interistingand inspiring
Bit like Frank Betiger How I raised myself from Ayslum Seaker to Succesful Carpet Cleaner in 5 Years with my waterfed pole to elp me on the way But you need that Glint and Drive this Young Couple obviously have. About 18 months ago I was on a Rug Cleaning Course and Piere and his wife were there Robert came in the room saying one of is ex Fastrackers a well known one from the early days  from Bedford was selling his Truckmount  lists adverts etc the price was good. Piere was a bit concerned about buying it as i presume cash was not readily to hand. But maybee thats where second Truckmount came from
I also understan he has opened a Rug Cleaning Plant, I am still negotiating with my 85 year old deaf mother for the use of her double garage  where she pots 10 plants a year. But that is the diffrence Action
On the last Webcast I asked where do you get Pink Paper Robert Just Scoffed.
I do not know if he realises the price of PinK Paper has Doubled this year
And Piere uses A3

Yep I am almost sure that was his second truck mount (maybe I am wrong) I was there the day (testimony your not fibbin). He got on the phone straight away and somehow raised the cash (I think) I was also interested but my uncle said no. But also I am sure he took some of the guys custies because the guy was selling or giving that away with the truck mount and he had a good customer base I was told.
Goldfinch PCS
0800 612 9244
LTT PROmite(Altec) Member of - IICRC
www.goldfinchpcs.co.uk

james roffey

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2010, 06:30:22 pm »
I do not want to earn £24,000 a month :o maybe i will shot down in flames for lack of motivation, but i have plenty of motivation to build my business so i can earn a comfortable living, without all the stress and lack of home life i had with my last employer, i love being my own boss, today i went and played football with my son in the park, had a job in the morning took afternoon off, the fasttrack ethic is ok if you want to build and empire! and have people working for you and all the stress that entails, i am not convinced it works as well as they say, and requires a huge investment, not least to the guys selling this system and a lot of what is being taught by them can be found on the forums anyway if you look, i mean how may times do you see a new guy on here ask a question that has been answered a thousand times before, they are too lazy to do the research themselves and trawl through the search facilility which i always do first,they want someone to tell them straight away what to do, i went through every book in the library on marketing and setting up a new business a lot of it American stuff like Joe Polish, i firmly believe most of the stuff they talk about is covered elsewhere and is free if you take the time to look, time will tell if i am wrong i suppose :-\

waynebarry

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2010, 07:02:09 pm »
Well I went to a Discovery Day over two weeks ago with Alltec & I am still waiting for there "free" three month trial to come through to be able to sample what I would get for paying £147 per month!!
Maybe James  I should start trawling through this forum the internet & the libarey like you say, It will be quicker & save me the thousands I was going to invest in the marketing & equipment with Alltec!

JandS

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2010, 07:16:48 pm »
Why invest in the marketing?
It's all common sense, a bit of hard work and self motivation
and not rocket science.
Derek West is a good example of this ask him.
(don't he dare come on here now and tell me he is on Fast Track)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

james roffey

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2010, 09:33:20 pm »
Why invest in the marketing?
It's all common sense, a bit of hard work and self motivation
and not rocket science.
Derek West is a good example of this ask him.
(don't he dare come on here now and tell me he is on Fast Track)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE, the stuff i picked up was helpful and interesting but follow what the many successful carpet cleaners on here are doing, learn from the mistakes that they have made and share with us on a daily basis, like Derek a good example who gives alot of his time responding to our questions, remember if everyone was on fastrack it would not work at all  ???

Linds Russell

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2010, 10:25:45 pm »
Having just attended an Alltec marketing discovery day, I do actually believe that the big turnover is completely achievable. Kevin has a more profitable operation than Pierre because Pierre is focussing on growing his brand and is highly driven by this and is constantly reinvesting. Kevin is not focussing on growing outwards but is instead focussing on growing upwards and is doing it well.

You have to remember that with every marketing model, some will run with the ball and blow the doors off. Some others will scoff at it and then complain when they watch the high achievers leave them for dust.

Thats life chaps!

Linds

jasonl

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2010, 10:26:27 pm »
The point is 24K a month turnover does not give massive amounts of profit for capital employed .

The benefit is that possibly you will have a more saleable business to sell in the future, and more free time , it is a big risk though.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

derek west

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2010, 07:45:20 am »
cheers john, and no i'm not on the fasttrack, i don't believe in protector so i wouldn't be welcome, i don't believe in mithering and pestering so i wouldn't be welcome, and i don't like golf so i wouldn't be welcome ;D

JandS

« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2010, 09:18:56 am »
24K a month, is that one man one van?
If it is presume it's turnover?
Dare I say it but if it is one man one van I don't believe it.

John

waynebarry

« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2010, 08:47:24 pm »
Im sceptical like you john, going on a 20 day working month taking the fact of one day a week for
Qouting he would have to be doing £1500 per day! ???

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2010, 09:31:01 pm »
The way I worked it out

A month consists of 4.333r weeks so you would need just short of £6k a week now if you were to work 5 days a week then you would require approx £1200 a day, if an average job is £400 well 3 of those would do it.

So, if he charge 60p to clean and 40p to protect = 100p (all per sq ft), 400 sq ft could be a lounge and hsl of a standard semi.

BUT...

If you charge £200 then 12 months of £17 sounds better still and also adds to the £24k figure when adjusting the figures to suit.

Shaun

waynebarry

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2010, 09:47:35 pm »
Well If you put it like that! ;D
I am still waiting for the info from them, it didnt come today so hopefully ill find out soon & stop be sceptical!

Wayne

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2010, 10:03:54 pm »
I think I'm trying to say it's a combination of charging higher than the average, selling an add on and a bit figure manipulation.

£24k x 12 months is £288000 a year and that I am sceptical about unless there's a big commercial in there to bulk it up.

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2010, 10:13:50 pm »
It's all hypothetical Clinton but if you get a £3k job over a weekend it eats into it, what I do find that the big regular money earners with big job tickets are in the south whether it be a more affluent area or more clued up business person.

Shaun

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2010, 10:18:35 pm »
Not being a greedy man i would like 2 months of that and 10 months holiday perfick :P
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Dave_Lee

« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2010, 10:22:16 pm »
In answer to Mr Hs I want proof. It is there Piere De Wet, Dave Lee The Guy who is now a property millionaire.

Ian, how did my name get mentioned in the same company as the other two? Don't worry, no problem, I can only assume it's because I am an ex Fast Tracker.
However I am not anywhere near as big on the turnover as they are. Big on the machinery investment, yes, but not on the turnover.
Most of my business comes from repeat customers who for many years know what to expect with regard to my charges. A reasonable annual increase, they can cope with, but even going on the Fast Track after more than 20 years in business, I wasn't going to risk losing that repeat clientele, by quadrupling my prices. I did raise them by 50%, and didn't have any problems, and now charge only average prices, despite the equipment etc.
All I can really add is that, I do believe, those huge turnover figures and if I had done the Fast Track 15 years earlier I would have concentrated on it, and gone flat out as they have done. Yes it does take a big investment in marketing to achieve those figures and this is why the percentage of profit may seem small.
At my stage in this game, my ultimate aim, is for zero marketing costs, resulting in a higher percentage of profit.
Good luck to them, good luck to you, remember its not the high chargers that's that threaten our business its the L
low charging ones.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

adimarsh

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2010, 10:30:22 pm »
Boy's, stop beating your selves up over this. Kev Barber does do these figures.

He does not need to come on here to justify himself to anyone. If you've never been on fast track why critcise? Can't we just run our own businesses without demanding other's prove everything to "the court" of CIU?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2010, 10:37:28 pm »
When people are advertising these figures and selling a school to show you how to there's going to be a load of questions and doubters.

Shaun

adimarsh

« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2010, 10:44:18 pm »
Hi Shaun

Ofcourse there will be doubters. They should go on a discovery day and learn (or listen) only then can they criticise.

craigp

« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2010, 09:25:51 am »
I think the 24k a month is Pierres figures not Kevins, and with 5 empolyees sounds realistic.

Kevin does also have his wife working for him full time and employes a part time tech, so he's not a one man band.

Mark_Jubb

« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2010, 10:44:16 am »

Good luck to them, good luck to you, remember its not the high chargers that threaten our business its the Low charging ones.
Dave.
Well said Dave.  A most valid point, often overlooked by many.
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2010, 06:29:25 pm »
I've done it with 2 vans but never with one but I don't charge the FT prices advertised.

Shaun

richy27

« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2010, 06:39:04 pm »

Good luck to them, good luck to you, remember its not the high chargers that threaten our business its the Low charging ones.
Dave.
Well said Dave.  A most valid point, often overlooked by many.
[/quot

Agree 100 %

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2010, 06:54:20 pm »
Wise words Dave. The voice of experience with intelligence.

colin thomas

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2010, 07:24:41 pm »
a couple of years ago i was chatting to a chem dry guy who said that although he had something like 5 vans on the road and 10 guys working for him his spendable cash was probably less than mine because of all the outlay he had, offices, an assistant, vans that just go to do surveys, holiday pay, overtime, the list goes on. one man band for me i'm afraid,

colin     ;)
colin thomas

jasonl

« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2010, 09:02:30 pm »
a couple of years ago i was chatting to a chem dry guy who said that although he had something like 5 vans on the road and 10 guys working for him his spendable cash was probably less than mine because of all the outlay he had, offices, an assistant, vans that just go to do surveys, holiday pay, overtime, the list goes on. one man band for me i'm afraid,

colin     ;)

Exactly my experience , 24k/month = around 5-6k net a month , and a lot of hassle and investment, far better to be much bigger  or one man band.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2010, 09:22:13 pm »
Although these guys do some big tickets you do need to find the business and that's the easy bit :o

Shaun

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2010, 10:24:10 pm »
Although I agree they should not have to justify themselves at the Court of CIU, I think any newcomer should be aware it does not always happen that way.

I have always suggested people take a look for themselves  I just hope Alltec appreciate all the Free Publicity and do not take offence at any negativity.
If people are asking questions they are interested
I am a believer of
What it says on the packet
You should find inside the packet
Without catches.
I would take the three months trial  myself if you get Two Days Audit Seminar included. and if it is inside the packet
But I might not be good for the rest of the attendees

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2010, 10:33:36 pm »
I'm a believer in the Piranha system like you Ian, to put figures out of course there's going to be 'questions' but if anything it will sort out believers and non believers and Alltec can focus on the believers.

I'm a believer in some of it just not all.

Shaun

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2010, 10:38:06 pm »
This is The Filtering part of the Programme so they finally get the right people ;D ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2010, 10:43:22 pm »
Damn I've played my hand!

Shaun