Shaun_Ashmore

Re: £££ per sq foot
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2012, 08:11:56 pm »
I love to measure up it takes a little longer but allows me to ask questions as I walk round like when are you thinking having it done and who else is quoting also selling myself at the same time I find that on many occassions that commercial carpet cleaning is on price only so it's a chance to impress.

Shaun

Craigp

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 08:37:51 pm »
Commercial. I measure but it's really it's on both how long I think it will take and size. I mean the rate per metre will fit the job.

As Shaun, I too find commercial are only based on lowest price, and what's worse is often selling myself doesn't help because I only get to see the (usually young girl) office dogs body who's simply gathering the quotes to be passed onto the decision maker who goes with the cheapest. - Then moan they got a sh*t job  :D

Theirs always some desperado that will do it lower than anyone else! lol

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 10:41:20 am »
I am disappointed I thought Success Coach taught you how to beat the system and get higher price.

When I was involved In Sales Training , the rule was always establish if thy have the money and talk to the decision maker.

Perhaps its time to make a rule do not quote until you talk to the decision maker or at least ind out who will make deision.

However always leave a fully detailed cleaning proposal

JandS

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 11:07:19 am »
Measure up and then decide how much I want
for the job and convert that to a per sq m price
for the customer.
And I don't knock a third off or whatever for desks
filing cabinets etc that's my little extra.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Craigp

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 01:22:03 pm »
Ian, success coach does teach you that but as you know domestic and commercial are very different. 95% of my work is domestic. I'm happy with that.

I do get some commercial they don't all go for the lowest price and some realise they got a rubbish job before and need to pay to get better.

Of course most commercial c/c'ing is done by the cleaning contractor.

As you suggest I do leave extra info with quote.