wynne jones

Re: £30 quote and she still rings me
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2011, 04:30:25 pm »
I think the simple answer is that, like in all walks of life, some people will earn more than others.  You set your own pricing structure and work accordingly.  If that means charging £50.00, £150.00 or £250.00 for a sofa then fine.  If you get the jobs at your prices and you and your customers are happy then I can't see a problem. 

The problem is if you hear enough times that you are a robber if you charge more than £50 to clean a suite you will start to believe it and suddenly, try as you might you start losing business.

Don't listen to those who can't sell and can't market and tell you you should be more like them.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

JandS

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2011, 06:20:44 pm »
I didn't say limit yourself or myself to £170 per day I said
I'd be happy at £170 per day.
Even with my prices I can turn out £250 per day.
My trouble is I won't start before 9.30 unless someone
specifically request a time before then or it's commercial.
I also like to be home by about 4 if possible.
Talking to the window cleaner round here the other day
and he says he knocks out about £250 using WFP.
He did also say though that it's not that every day due
to weather constraints.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

cozy

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2011, 06:41:56 pm »
Why didn't you say that you don't want to start untill about half way through the day and you want to be home with your feet up infront of the TV by early afternoon!!!  ;D I could've saved all that typing!!!

Lazy git  ;D

jasonl

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2011, 07:03:23 pm »
When I used to visit my Brothers family in Herford Germany , he paid 40 euros for a window cleaner ,and double that to have his small lawn cut , the costs of doing business were so much higher there , in turn he got a higher than British salary , the market is different .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

cozy

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2011, 07:05:11 pm »
Yes, it's different if you only have British custies and they are daft enough to pay €40 for a 3 bed semi. we charge roughly the same as UK windies, €15

cozy

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2011, 07:08:12 pm »
When I used to visit my Brothers family in Herford Germany , he paid 40 euros for a window cleaner ,and double that to have his small lawn cut , the costs of doing business were so much higher there , in turn he got a higher than British salary , the market is different .

I've just realized who posted that!! Nearly caught me out there  ;D

justin 88

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2011, 11:14:32 am »
this just shows the difference between cleaners and actual businessmen. There is a world of difference which is evident here. good luck to everyone, but its clear some work alot smarter than others and charge accordingly?

JandS

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2011, 04:26:38 pm »
And some are just dreamers.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.