MSTAV

how many houses in a normal 8 hour day can you do guys
« on: August 29, 2006, 10:55:08 pm »
on a good day ill get 25-30 done but as an average i get 20.thats with traditional methods mind you.i guess with wfp it be a lot more.just wondering if im keeping up to speed with the cleanitup gods.ill be there soon

captain lard

Re: how many houses in a normal 8 hour day can you do guys
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 06:06:16 pm »
I am new but in 8 hours doing regular small semis on my round would expect to do 20,if I was flying,no one wanted a chat I might manage a 3 or 4  more but not many.First cleans can knock me back a bit,did one yesterday on one of my bigger semis and I was on an hour with it,they were really filthy-the frames were a bigger problem than the glass- plus the black rubber was the sort that leaves streaks and made it even more awkward,then I got round the back and it was steep and awkward,by the time I was finished I was sick as a chip.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 06:43:31 pm »
on a good day ill get 25-30 done but as an average i get 20.thats with traditional methods mind you.i guess with wfp it be a lot more.just wondering if im keeping up to speed with the cleanitup gods.ill be there soon

30 houses a day on your own, mate, your hired !! ;)

I expect from a van with two guys somewhere in the region of 40+ so guess what, YOUR A GOD !! :D ;) ;D
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Trevor Knight

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 06:46:15 pm »
I am new but in 8 hours doing regular small semis on my round would expect to do 20,if I was flying,no one wanted a chat I might manage a 3 or 4  more but not many.First cleans can knock me back a bit,did one yesterday on one of my bigger semis and I was on an hour with it,they were really filthy-the frames were a bigger problem than the glass- plus the black rubber was the sort that leaves streaks and made it even more awkward,then I got round the back and it was steep and awkward,by the time I was finished I was sick as a chip.

First cleans are a nightmare, I always charge at least 25% more on the first clean, I explain I will have to get the frames etc... up to standard and people are happy with that.

The black rubber is a nightmare, ruins your scrim and runs black water on the framework  :'(

Best wishes,

Trev

david68

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 07:06:21 pm »
Getting around 15 a day but still learning and getting to know my customers.

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

farkam

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 07:10:24 pm »
15-20 houses a day with trad...but how much do you earn a day, in average?

Fast 1 *

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 08:40:48 pm »
Everything depends on your pricing.some jobs i whizz through and make a really good hourly rate,while some of my lesser priced stuff becomes a bit of a drag sometimes.The key is to price up well from the start.
wildstyles

Fast 1 *

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 08:51:44 pm »
But on the assumption that at the very worst you are earning £20 an hour,that gives you £160.(obviously less if having a break)I would say an average is £150.(before tax)Basically,you get out what you put in.My mate goes out and earns over £250 on some of his better days.(some commercial).It also depends on the work you have.I personally dont like working really long hours.I probably work 8 till 3,or sometimes 4 at a push.Sometimes i start about nine
wildstyles

pylofm

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 08:56:22 pm »
About 7....(new with wfp) ;D

tatman

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 09:00:38 pm »
depends on the houses but ive never hit 20 on my own. Took 12 houses to hit a ton today!

TVCS

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 10:18:33 pm »
I know I am quite new and I admit I am pretty slow but what sort of houses are you guys cleaning.  25 in a day?  Are they all terraced an 1 street? 
My main round is in and around a small town.  Lots of big houses dotted around and a few semis in a few estates.  They are all well priced large ish houses with a monster or 2  that boosts the old pennies a bit but,  on  a good day with the other half helping out the 2 of us can manage 12 -15.

I guess we are just slow.   we do have a bit of banter with the customers and especially if my wife is with me we tend to get a cuppa or six so I recon that is why we are slow.   Too much tea makes you pee.

For all you guys out there that do 20+ houses a day on your own.  Fair Play to you.
Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

captain lard

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 11:09:12 pm »
I have mine all concentrated at the minute,but pricewise I cannot compete with what gets quoted here,I am in the north east and just cant get it at the rate some of the lads here manage.Wish I could.Was at a posh estate today,new housing,knocked at the door of a large semi,allegedly this estate has not had a regular cleaner for a while-though I keep getting told this of streets/estates/areas and it is never right-and quote £5 trad,explain re sills/frames/legit/insured/regular /reliable and they dont want to know.
What can you do? I think my area is just full of cowboys looking to boost the benefits but making people think window cleaning is a cheap job.I am going to have to go on the offensive and stress me attributes and hope a few people get the message.

MSTAV

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 10:50:01 pm »
miner are all small 2/3 bedroom houses terraced n semis. iv got the bonus of all having top windows on a flat roof from downstairs so saves me loads of time.mind you on my larger houses i only get 12 done so i guess we are all the same

C Senor

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 03:45:15 pm »
I have 62 x 2 bed semis (similar to terraced) in one road,  I can do about 3/4 an hour with trad, so about 25 - 30 in a day is usual - they average about £6 each. (a couple are £5 but most are £6 and the odd £7)

It makes you realise the potential in smaller houses, some cleaners steer clear of them but if you can get a decent price they can really pay off, plus i get alot of help with debts as many of the customers will pay for their neighbours clean if they aren't in.

I bought the street from another cleaner for 200 quid, bargain.

;D

jon adams

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 08:53:50 pm »

Hi guys, one day last week i cleaned 16 4 bed detached with wfp van mounted on 1 estate 9-4.15.  The month before when it was hot 2 of us using a y to split the hose cleaned 20 houses almost the same ones on that estate in a similar time, a few with conservatories.
  I get really cheesed off that despite employing someone on domestics i dont get any benefit! Generally other people tend to slow me down. Can any of you lot relate to that?

Jon

corinvid

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 01:31:06 am »
Hi all, only been going for about 3 months, and thanks for all the ecouragement and tips....
Did my best day of the month today, about 28 houses some  just fronts, some front & back. All nice 2/3 bed terrace. Ladder up, ladder down, could do it all day long....
You guys can keep all the big 6/7 bed houses. I think the balance of work/ pay is good with the little houses... ;)
Thanks to all,   what a job......

Trevor Knight

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 07:13:15 am »

Hi guys, one day last week i cleaned 16 4 bed detached with wfp van mounted on 1 estate 9-4.15.  The month before when it was hot 2 of us using a y to split the hose cleaned 20 houses almost the same ones on that estate in a similar time, a few with conservatories.
  I get really cheesed off that despite employing someone on domestics i dont get any benefit! Generally other people tend to slow me down. Can any of you lot relate to that?

Jon

Hi Jon,

You have to look at your employee as an investement both long and short term.

You say you cleaned 20 houses and some had conservatories, question is how many would you have done if you were on your own?

What time do you let him/her knock off? If your paying them for 8 hours make sure you get 8 hours and if you have run out of work get them to go canvassing with you to make the time up.

Think along these lines, when your round is so tight that the two of you are always busy then that is the time to look at replacing yourself with another employee and getting your existing person to "run" the round for you while you concentrate on looking for new work and building up another round.

I understand somedays you get frustrated, I get that myself, but you realy need to look long term, thats of course if that's what you want. If they are just there to help you out from time to time then as long as they cover the days money thats all that matters, make sure you bring them in on days you will make the most from them.

Best wishes,

Trev

jon adams

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 07:44:05 pm »

HI Trev, youre right about looking at the big picture, i employ 1 person full time 40 hours per week and we are flat out, continually behind in the summer as we have gardening contracts that slow down for the winter. As for expanding it can create more stress! When i was on hol i left worker van and a weeks work, when i came back he had only done 2 days!!!!  Obviously on some jobs it pays 2 have two. But i am trying to work out how to make things quicker. So i am thiking of splitting hose after pump 100 psi and running 2 8mm microbore hoses on seperate reels, ie one to clean one house whilst other does next door etc, do you know if pump will cope? if not i will have to have seperate pump and battery. Also how much water do you use for two men for at present we use 650 l [ full tank in tansit 280] to clean approx 20 4 beds per day with a few conservatories. Your advice would be appreciated.

Jon

ronaldo

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 09:37:39 pm »
Between 12 and 15 and i,m wfp.
After that ive earnt a good days wage and only worked roughly 7 hours to get it, if your work is priced correctly you dont need to do any more than this  ;)
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Trevor Knight

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 07:23:56 am »

HI Trev, youre right about looking at the big picture, i employ 1 person full time 40 hours per week and we are flat out, continually behind in the summer as we have gardening contracts that slow down for the winter. As for expanding it can create more stress! When i was on hol i left worker van and a weeks work, when i came back he had only done 2 days!!!!

Thats a worry!! I used to have this but structured my guys wages based upon the work they complete. They get the minimum wage and are set targets, provided they hit them they then get moved into a higher hourly rate. This way, if when your away they are lazy then they just don't get paid.

Obviously on some jobs it pays 2 have two. But i am trying to work out how to make things quicker. So i am thiking of splitting hose after pump 100 psi and running 2 8mm microbore hoses on seperate reels, ie one to clean one house whilst other does next door etc, do you know if pump will cope? if not i will have to have seperate pump and battery.

I have two hoses and two pumps in the vans, it works fine and yes, is much quicker.

Also how much water do you use for two men for at present we use 650 l [ full tank in tansit 280] to clean approx 20 4 beds per day with a few conservatories. Your advice would be appreciated.

650 litres lasts all day for my guys. They do an average of anything towards 40 3 bed houses per day, sometimes a bit more depending on size

Jon

Best wishes,

Trev

jon adams

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 06:13:45 pm »

Thanx Trev, thats confirmed what i was thinking. Guess i'll just have to splash out on new pump and battery, whilst were working it sure makes sense to maximise productivity, one last question - can you run 2 pumps off one Varistream ?
                                Cheers,   Jon

Trevor Knight

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2006, 08:20:14 am »
Hi Jon,

1 pump is run off varistream the other we use a sureflow on demand pump, this is for the 100m microbore, works a treat.

I don't think you can run two hoses of 1 varistream as I think you will get conflicting pressure readings as both brushes will be at different hose lengths etc....

Best wishes,

Trev

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2006, 04:31:50 pm »
Two of can do about 8 - 10 council houses an hour on average! but that's a 6 quid house!!

window pain

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 06:38:20 pm »

30 houses a day on your own, mate, your hired !! ;)

I expect from a van with two guys somewhere in the region of 40+ so guess what, YOUR A GOD !! :D ;) ;D
hi trevor you said 40 houses per da, what sort of houses would they be? semis or terraces? thanks.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 08:11:24 am »
Nearly all our work is semi's or detached, I think we have about 5 terraced houses on our books.

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2006, 08:32:27 am »
I Average at about 10 an hour 12 an hour doing trad!

Fast or Slow??   ??? ???

ewanc0

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2006, 11:16:42 pm »
I don't really think any of you should be worrying about how many houses you do a day.

The important thing is How much you make in a day.

P®oPole™

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2006, 05:21:00 pm »

Sometimes I do 5 houses a day ;)

;D ;D ;D

pjulk

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 05:33:02 pm »
I Average at about 10 an hour 12 an hour doing trad

Yes right

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2006, 07:58:20 pm »
Just kidding Paul I wanted to see whether or not anybody would realise that I had put two different posts in saying to two different things! I thought everyone would say something if i'd said 10!

Well Done Paul!   ;) ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2006, 12:49:56 am »
I don't really think any of you should be worrying about how many houses you do a day.

The important thing is How much you make in a day.

Exactly!! Thursday I have 8 houses....total value? £150, not bad!  ;D

Doesn't really matter how much I can do, I want £100 net a day, and no more for me, I'm happy with that. Don't need more to be happy.