wiktor

Canvassing again
« on: November 13, 2011, 01:26:47 pm »
Hi guys,
I am new into window cleaning, been on this forum for few weeks now, gained required theoretical knowledge, so decided to go out canvass today as its really lovely sunday :)

As before i thought its going to be a piece of cake, after couple of hours went a bit down. People seemed to get angry seeing me on their doorstep they'd say " no we don't need one" and just shot their door not even allowing me to say " ok sorry thank you " nor anything.

I don't really know what i did wrong, or they just are sick and tired of new window cleaner knocking their door every day? :)

CleartechLee

Re: Canvassing again
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 09:35:04 pm »
Lots of folks dont like to be bothered on a sunday! maybe its the only day of the week they have off

Flash..

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 09:12:57 am »
Yep definatly not a good idea to go knocking on a Sunday

wiktor

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 02:53:39 pm »
Thanks for your comments..
Ive read here that lot of you guys knock door at weekends.

wiktor

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 07:39:20 pm »
Could you guys please give me some advice what is the best time to knock door and what should I say?
Should I have all my equipement on me while knocking so people know they deal with professional ? :D

Thanks

sham33

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 08:39:42 am »
I prefer to knock on doors while Im working just cant do canvassing on its own lol. Plus people have spotted you working and are probably to shy to ask and are pleased when you knocked if they need one.

paul kitchiner

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 06:58:32 pm »
Try a few leaflets. If you get a fairly good response then it's worth following up but be prepared to wait. In my experiance people do take a while to get back to you. If you get good response then go knocking and just say your following up your leaflet BUT NOT ON SUNDAY

wiktor

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 12:10:49 pm »
Got my first customer ever today!
60 quid worth job !  8)