Clean-A-Windows

do we need a van
« on: January 23, 2004, 12:02:40 pm »
HERES ONE FOR YOU.

Watching an old eppisode of corrie{ sad i know} when Stan hogden appers with his hand cart, ladder on the side and buckrt on top. YES I KNOW THINGS HAVE MOVED ON SINCE THEN, but what a good advertising tool, hand sign writen. Do you think it would bring in any new customers in my local area, i live in a small town, it would take about 15 mins to walk from one end to the other.
work is so up and down

mickeyfat

Re: do we need a van
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 01:07:46 pm »
Yes, it has to!

i was going to get a robinn reliant and fill it with 3 midgets ( like from willy wonker ;D)
i was going to give them all a nice uniform each aswell

winner! :D
:D ;D ;) :)
:P
above was a joke  ( i think!!!!) ;D

Majestic

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 04:22:06 pm »
Where I live there is a window cleaner who does use a cart as he cant drive , but he still goes on the road with it, before he got the cart he used to carry his ladders on his bike , things have looked up so he got a cart.

Neil

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 06:34:00 pm »
There is a guy round here who about twenty years ago lost his driving licence so did his round with a horse and cart. :)
It even made the national papers
You cant get better advertising than that! ;)
He is still in the business and has been a great help in getting me started!!!

STEVE71163

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 06:40:24 pm »
Their is a guy around here that still uses a bike. But it has not got any chain he just uses it to move his ladders from a to b   ;D

Steve

pdhanson

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2004, 07:40:21 pm »
I've seen window cleaners using a bike, to be honest I never saw the point.

He just pushed it along with his ladders and bucket on, I always thought it would be quicker to walk than faff around with a bike.  And I doubt he could've ridden with the ladders on!

Maybe he had a bad back

Silly

gibbouk

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2004, 10:11:54 pm »
if all my work was local i would get a piaggio ape, the little 3 wheeler truck, 50cc engine, 15 quid a year tax, 90 mpg, they have a top speed of 25 mph but with the traffic round here thats about how quick you can go

STEVE71163

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2004, 10:16:08 pm »
Have you ever thought of a classic van ??? Their is a company around here that have bought an immaculate Morris Minor van and had it sign written and that certainly gets them noticed ;)

Steve

Mikey Warner

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2004, 11:06:38 pm »
There's an old boy round here that pushes all his gear around on a Shopping Trolley. When people ask if i have seen him before they say they'd payin him not to go up the ladder, he looks like he's about to peg it,.. Bless

Mikey

Clean-A-Windows

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2004, 02:10:24 am »
YES THOUGHT ABOUT AN OLD CLASSIC BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO DRIVE. THATS WHY I WAS THINKING OF A NICE SIGN WRITEN [ NOT PLASTIC LETTERING] CART, ONE TO GET MY KIT AROUND AND TWO TO ADVERTISE.
work is so up and down

Londoner

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2004, 12:05:45 pm »
There is a guy round my way who still pushes a hand cart and it must get him noticed.
Anything that amounts to free advertising can only be good.
There are a lot of places round these parts where parking is a problem and a traditional sign written cart must be a great gimmick

Sunshine

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2004, 08:24:41 pm »
Hi guys....some year ago I had a bike with a light weight side car welded to it. It worked really well

JohnM1

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 12:13:26 am »
Hi Guy's

I use a cart to push my ladders and gear around on as I don't drive.  I have just built a new cart and took it  out the first time today and I have to say I and really pleased  with it.

I am very well know  in Cheltenham, pushing my ladders around and everyone wants to stop and talk and I have got alot of work through it.

John

g_griffin

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2004, 10:23:08 am »
You can`t beat a van or car for that matter when it starts to rain, just go and shelter.
 Have a drink, something to eat,listen to the radio, read the paper- it`s no wonder I never get anything done  ;D

But they are handy apart from the obvious reasons for storing- clean water,dry scrims,new rubber(and scissors),spare squeegees and extra cleaning solutions etc.
           Gerry.