Amy

Basic carpet cleaner required
« on: May 15, 2006, 02:08:11 pm »
Hi there, i am just starting out and i am looking to buy a machine that i can use to clean carpets, upholstery and car interiors.  Anyone got a cheap one for sale?  Or any advice where i could get one that wont cost the earth?  Thanks

John Kelly

Re: Basic carpet cleaner required
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 02:15:50 pm »
Hi Amy

Might help if you gave people an idea of your budget. Please note there is a ceiling on how low you can go and still be able to do an adequate job.  For car valeting you would get away with a small extraction machine for a couple of hundred, however this would be totally unsuitable for cleaning carpets. There are usually resonably priced machines on here or on ebay. Always ask for advice on here before going ahead and purchasing.

homenclean

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 03:01:29 pm »
I have a stimvac Maestro for sale good condition, just had a new pump also has large lamb 3 stage vac very powerfull, heater, 25 feet vac solution hose and swan neck wand quite a large machine but would be an ideal starter machine. looking for around £430.00 no vat i am in leeds. Tel 0798 5560137

Amy

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 04:29:51 pm »
Thanks guys...

I was looking at the Karcher SE3001 Hard floor and carpet cleaner available for £179.99 - would this not be powerful enough for domestic carpets?

Also spotted the RugDoctor Mighty Pro with Starter Kit for £549.00 - a bit more pricey but looks like a monster as far as small machines go! Also comes with basic detergents.

Price wise...if the karcher is suitable i could probably run to getting two - as i am hpoing there will be three of us working together - i know i have to generate enough business to warrant having two machines but i live in hope!

As for the StimVac Maestro....sorry to seem a little dim but is it suitable for carpets, upholstery, car interiors etc???

Amy

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 04:54:08 pm »
What about the Hydromist champ industrial carpet cleaner currently listed on ebay at £275?

homenclean

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 05:35:41 pm »
the stimvac is more than cappable of performing the tasks you want to do, this will out do the karcher every time, it is large capacity machine aimed at the carpet cleaning pro, not a domestic cleaner, new these retail in excess of £1800.00

John

ring me on 0798 5560137 if you want more details