stuartb

aqua-dapter. any good?
« on: December 26, 2014, 05:23:07 pm »
Is this product any good for use with my new Gardiner slx 25 foot pole?

http://aqua-dapter.co.uk/product/aqua-dapter-v-lite-slxclx/

Do you rotate it to turn the water on and off? I used one that you rotate with my old slx where it just screwed straight on which was great and saved me loads of water and made my 350ltr last more like a 45 Ltd.  
Thanks for any help and happy Christmas folks!
Stu

Jakey boy

Re: aqua-dapter. any good?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 05:31:15 pm »
Think you pull on the pole hose, I'd get one and look into a one shot remote as well, means the pump can be turned on and off at the touch of a button, it really saves the battery and pump!

When a customer comes out to chat or I'm walking round the back of a house I use my one shot all the tjme as it instantly cuts the pump, and means it's not causing back pressure at all, defo look into one!

stuartb

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 05:34:46 pm »
Cheers! One shot remote? Where from?

mufcglen

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 06:16:25 pm »
aquadaptor you pull the hose to turn on off and aquatap is the one you twist to turn on off, ive been told they can feel abit more top heavy as its placed at probably the worse point on the pole for weight but ive never used one so cant comment on anything about them!

Jakey boy

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 06:37:03 pm »
Cheers! One shot remote? Where from?

Check the link below, the company list all the places its for sale

http://www.springltd.co/node/115

Also here's a video of my setup with the one shot featured http://youtu.be/R84xXDdobYE

It's really easy to setup and really reliable, had it two years and never once has it had any problems! Super bit of kit, it has saved my pump from wear and tear, and is just a great feature to have when you want everything turned off at your fingertips, you can be 100m away and it's as good as gold, no walking back to the van to turn off pump!

mufcglen

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 07:22:04 pm »
does the one shot cut the feed to the pump and not the controller as the controller needs manually switching on?

Jakey boy

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 07:41:21 pm »
does the one shot cut the feed to the pump and not the controller as the controller needs manually switching on?

Yeah cuts feed to the pump, controller stays on, sorry should of made that clear

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 10:43:18 pm »
Out of the two go for an Aqua tap, lighter, shorter, more reliable

One shots not responsive enough with no physical stop on the water supply

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

duncan h

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 11:38:00 pm »
Out of the two go for an Aqua tap, lighter, shorter, more reliable

One shots not responsive enough with no physical stop on the water supply

Darran
+1

jonboywalton75

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 10:30:13 am »
Tried both A/d and aquatap
tap is lighter but more awkward to operate
can't work well without my Aquadapter
that's just mho 

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 10:45:05 am »
Initially, the tap requires a little getting used to, but that was the same for the aquadaptor when thinking about it.

The aquadaptor is a good bit of kit, but more fragile, with springs breaking, the ali outer casing cracking with fatigue, and the rivets working loose.

Aqua tap just has the edge

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 12:57:52 pm »
I was using a aquadapter for years and swore by them but I have gone back to a trusty pole hose tap now once used to it its better...

Although my employee thinks I'm mad and can't work without an aquadapter  ;D

keyser soze

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 03:11:23 pm »
question about one shot . does it work as good when you are working around the rear of the building. 

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 04:13:22 pm »
Yes it can work but not always as reliable as when in line of sight

Darran

the king

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 04:38:22 pm »
i like the aquadapter as its easer to use cant stand the aquatap as water keeps turning off every 2 minits its liter an more robust but poor in operation just my view i luv the aquadapter i got a spair the other week in case one brakes u can send the broke one bk to steve an he can fix them at a small cost

kempy

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2014, 04:51:01 pm »
AD is awesome . Best invention ever in my opinion , apart from Vision
Lol  ;D

the king

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 04:53:02 pm »
haha very true dave ;D 8)

Jakey boy

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 05:26:40 pm »
question about one shot . does it work as good when you are working around the rear of the building. 

Mine seems to work through houses and round the back of offices, I keep the antenna receiver high up on the door that way it nearly always picks up the connection, very rarely does it not work,you'd need to be a long way away and have solid walls in the way, even so mine works when round the back of houses easily

james stanley

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 06:26:43 pm »
I love the ad too .... Not tempted by the Aqua tap as I like to turn the water off without having to have the brush not the glass and having to then turn the pole ....

ray mck

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 07:25:23 pm »
Yep aqua-dapter is just great I've got 3 . Just order some extra springs,and the little hose inserts. 😃😃😃😃. Great bit of kit