Barryy

Liquid Logic® WFP LINK
« on: March 15, 2019, 09:05:57 pm »
I think these are fairly new to the market, anyone have any experience with one? Looks pretty decent if it works well.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/wfp-link-coming-soon.html

Pete Thompson

Re: Liquid Logic® WFP LINK
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 02:06:48 am »
This has been out for a while, and it looks very nice, but I just don’t see the point.

I’m not sure about how everyone else works, but I set my flow rate at the start of the day, and that’s it. It doesn’t require adjustment after that.

To stop the flow at the pole end, I simply kink the pipe. If I need to stop it for a longer time I just unplug it. Simple, easy and works perfectly every time.

These remotes that switch the pump off and on to control water flow suffer with a delay that will never be acceptable to me. Press the button, wait 10 seconds for the water to stop. Press again and another 10 seconds before it starts flowing again. Useless!

It’s impossible to fix because the pressure has to be slowly released from the hose reel etc before the flow can stop, and then has to build up again before it can start. Because of that fact, the only practical way to control flow  is at the pole-end of the system.

So, I’m sure it’s really good and works as advertised, but I just don’t see the point, so it’s not for me.

zesty

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 09:19:54 am »
I’ve got the original ‘one shot’ remote, and it works brilliantly, but I agree, the rest of the features on this new one are not necessary. I don’t need anything other than to be able to turn the water on and off.

I don’t have any delay at all with my water pressure. I press the button and almost instantly the water is off. I press it again and within a second the water is flowing 100% as it should.

I love it, no pressure on the pump, no back pressure, so my pump will last years and years.

Also there’s a lot less draw on the battery for the same reason, no pressure switch needed, no overload of the battery every time I want to stop the water.

But, I don’t think this wfp link is needed, most people Just want to be able to turn the water off and on. That’s it !

So I recommend a standard ‘one shot’ but not the wfp link.

The wfp link does have better range and ‘will work through walls and buildings’ but I  find the original one shot works 90% of the time round buildings anyway.

Hope that helps

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 10:22:53 am »
This has been out for a while, and it looks very nice, but I just don’t see the point.

I’m not sure about how everyone else works, but I set my flow rate at the start of the day, and that’s it. It doesn’t require adjustment after that.

To stop the flow at the pole end, I simply kink the pipe. If I need to stop it for a longer time I just unplug it. Simple, easy and works perfectly every time.

These remotes that switch the pump off and on to control water flow suffer with a delay that will never be acceptable to me. Press the button, wait 10 seconds for the water to stop. Press again and another 10 seconds before it starts flowing again. Useless!

It’s impossible to fix because the pressure has to be slowly released from the hose reel etc before the flow can stop, and then has to build up again before it can start. Because of that fact, the only practical way to control flow  is at the pole-end of the system.

So, I’m sure it’s really good and works as advertised, but I just don’t see the point, so it’s not for me.
d

A great post - a very explanation

10 seconds might be stretching it but certainly 2 to 3 and of course no physical stop means the water slows and dribbles out

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 12:33:26 pm »
Darran, I hardly experience any delay at all. It depends on your cal setting when using these one shots. Mine works brilliantly.

The wfp link is overkill though, but remotes like the one shot do work very well.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 01:11:53 pm »
Yes they do work - used them myself however the problem is is not a physical stop therefore when you stop the water the pole end is open and you can still get water running out, and it’s not as quick and precise as a univalve where you can turn water on/off every window

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 07:46:30 pm »
I think these are fairly new to the market, anyone have any experience with one? Looks pretty decent if it works well.

Whilst all of the WFP Link features are clever and do work, the real benefit of the WFP link is its 500m range. It really does have an amazing range and works well even when cleaning the other side of large commercial buildings - this alone is the selling point for some window cleaners.

The rest of the features are just things that are possible with modern technology, but personally I probably would never use myself. As Pete posted, once I have set my flow I also virtually never adjust it.

I have found that whilst it is not 10 seconds, it does take  a second or so for the flow to fully stop due to pressure in the hose-line, although this can vary depending on whether you have a pressurized DI tank after the pump (I don't). Personally I prefer a more instant switch-off of water flow so I use a different valve device.

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 08:10:27 pm »

Totaly agree I think this is a  waist of time why would anyone need it ?.if you want to stop the water disconnect the hose from the pole , simple , in 20 years I have never had the need to adjust the flow mid job , this is just something else to go wrong and need new batteries , sometimes I am amazed at manufacturers making a simple job so complicated , just another way of trying to get more money out of gulable window cleaners

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 09:01:37 pm »
Dont worry chaps , I am currently working on one myself , it will be half the price with all the same functions , however , it does come housed within 2 dustbin lids glued together so you might wish to hang fire until I can compact the unit a little  ;D ;D ;D 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

zesty

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 08:46:46 am »
Yes they do work - used them myself however the problem is is not a physical stop therefore when you stop the water the pole end is open and you can still get water running out, and it’s not as quick and precise as a univalve where you can turn water on/off every window

Darran

Sometimes I find water will ‘leak out’ when when I bring the hose back in, and when I’m walking with the pole and stretching the hose. On the whole ive managed to get it pretty spot on though.

I do agree it’s not as precise, I’ve always had one, so can’t get rid of it, it’s just become habit to press the button between windows etc. Sometimes when I haven’t got the one shot round my neck and I’m using the customers water for facias etc, I’ll reach to press the button out of habit, when, there isn’t anything there 🤪

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 09:43:58 am »
Thank you for the comments. WFP link is aimed to give additional information while working away from the van and provide flexibilty to the user. We had identified that the previous radio remote one shot range suffered with range and needed line if sight.

WFP L was designed to improve the range and provide an ability to work out of sight of the vehicle or Trolley. 

There are some testimonials on the Gardiner web site from the guys who were involved in testing before we released into market their insights may be useful 
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

zesty

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 11:38:00 am »
Thank you for the comments. WFP link is aimed to give additional information while working away from the van and provide flexibilty to the user. We had identified that the previous radio remote one shot range suffered with range and needed line if sight.

WFP L was designed to improve the range and provide an ability to work out of sight of the vehicle or Trolley. 

There are some testimonials on the Gardiner web site from the guys who were involved in testing before we released into market their insights may be useful

Ian, can you not also release a standard simple one shot, but with the ‘building busting technology’

That’s all I want, I love my one shot, and the only thing I’d want is better signal, I don’t need any of the other features..

I think personally that would sell better. It’s be cheaper, and more of what people want in general.

The link puts me off, because I don’t want a fob with loads of buttons on it, I prefer one button so I can’t mistakenly press the wrong button during work. I press it without looking, so having a fob with 4-5 buttons on it would be frustrating.

I love the one shot, but would love it if you just upgraded the old version with better range...

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 11:40:39 am »
People will buy it so fair play may as well make money out of the mugs.

It has no use whatsoever in residential window cleaning.

However I could see it being useful if you were working 500m away from your van, but wait who has a 500m hose?

Who would want that thing dangling round their neck all day.

But like I said if you can flog it fair enough flog it.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 11:41:20 am »

Ian, can you not also release a standard simple one shot, but with the ‘building busting technology’

That’s all I want, I love my one shot, and the only thing I’d want is better signal, I don’t need any of the other features..

I think personally that would sell better. It’s be cheaper, and more of what people want in general.

The link puts me off, because I don’t want a fob with loads of buttons on it, I prefer one button so I can’t mistakenly press the wrong button during work. I press it without looking, so having a fob with 4-5 buttons on it would be frustrating.

I love the one shot, but would love it if you just upgraded the old version with behest range...

Plans are afoot for just such a device where by we can extend the range of the Retro fitting stand alone units
V16 Is Here

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2019, 11:49:20 am »

However I could see it being useful if you were working 500m away from your van, but wait who has a 500m hose?

The fob is supplied with a Lanyard however many users have added a belt clip and do not wear it around their neck.  The more powerful transmitter is about allowing people to work out of sight of the vehicle  with the signal going over around or through a building. It also allows for two way communication between the fob and controller with the LED,s in the fob indicating flow rate and confirming the controller has received a signal. The Mobile app was aded as Alec commented to make use of existing technology that each of us use without a second thought,

The App provides means to set up the controller and fob for individual taste. An example would be all four buttons could be set to switch the pump, Or set a button to turn the controller off remotely. The Mobile phone screen also allows us to get away from abbreviations such as DE or PS and display whole text
V16 Is Here

Slacky

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 12:04:37 pm »

Whilst all of the WFP Link features are clever and do work, the real benefit of the WFP link is its 500m range. It really does have an amazing range and works well even when cleaning the other side of large commercial buildings - this alone is the selling point for some window cleaners.

The rest of the features are just things that are possible with modern technology, but personally I probably would never use myself. As Pete posted, once I have set my flow I also virtually never adjust it.

I have found that whilst it is not 10 seconds, it does take  a second or so for the flow to fully stop due to pressure in the hose-line, although this can vary depending on whether you have a pressurized DI tank after the pump (I don't). Personally I prefer a more instant switch-off of water flow so I use a different valve device.

What a remarkable post.

The fella actually selling them stating they’re not that fantastic. You can’t knock that.

Fair do’s Mr Gardiner. 👍

zesty

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2019, 12:08:51 pm »

I’ve got a branded lanyard with it on mate, don’t even notice it’s there, works a treat. Gets lots of comments from customers 😂

I love mine, keeps the pump mint, no back pressure ever, and longer lasting battery. I never liked uni valves etc. Find the button easier.

As with all things window cleaning, it’s each to their own.

zesty

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2019, 12:09:51 pm »

I love the one shot, but would love it if you just upgraded the old version with behest range...

Plans are afoot for just such a device where by we can extend the range of the Retro fitting stand alone units

I’d buy that. That’s all I want 😜

NWH

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2019, 01:31:15 pm »
When GrippaTank service my heater I might get them to fit that 1 shot version they do,I would think it’s kust a case of them changing the controller would it not Alex.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2019, 02:37:27 pm »
 Some comments by people using WFP link

By Ben C December 09, 2018

As a product tester of this wfp link for the last two years, I can honestly say that this is a great product and would be a great addition to any water fed pole user. It's easy to use and has a wide range of features, my favourite being able to adjust flow rate, auto cal, and to stop/start the flow without having to walk back to the van.
You can personalise what each button does which is great as you can make it work for each individual's needs.
You can adjust the settings via the fob or the phone app. It's also really handy to be able to check the temperature in the van and the battery level from the comfort of my sofa!
Battery life is good, it feels robust and easily fits in your pocket. The led lights are a nice feature so you know you've definitely pressed the right button.
I don't think I could be without this product now.

By Darren B. December 05, 2018

Here at Clear and Clean we have tested the WFP-link for SPRINGS EUROPE for the past 6 months.
We have found the WFP-link to be an easy set up to be added to the controller. Once connected we have had no issues with it disconnecting.
The battery in the fob has lasted approximately 5 days working each day all day, then needs recharging.
The fob is easy to use, one press stop/start. You can turn the speed of the pump up and down.
The fob also has LED lights which is a great visual aid to let you know when you adjust the settings.
Distance:- we have had a full 100 metres working distance with no issues. But this depends on what type of buildings and heights.
You will find that once you pause, the pump stops instantly but the water in the pipes will still flow for approximately 5 seconds.
There is also an app that can convert to your smart phone if you are techno friendly. We find this to be a great asset, as you can check on the life of your battery (in your van) you can also change your speed from your phone and other options.
We run three pumps in our van and will definitely convert all our systems to work from the WFP-link.
LL WFP Link

By A63cleaning December 05, 2018

Innovative device that will really transform many van systems for the future!.

Personally when I first received the system my thoughts were “what’s the point?, is it all necessary". I was sceptical to say the least but during the product's testing stages my mind was changed hugely.
After using the fob for a day I found I really liked it. Later in the product development, the app for the phone came with the ability to change the button functions - for me this really transformed this!.
I think it comes into it’s own with the ability to use this without accessing the controller, this means you can install an electric hose reel for instance and controller to the back of a van and control power, flow, calibration and so on without being near the controller .
I love the ability to actually turn the power off/on.
I have 3 preset flow rates (my personal preference) so that I have regular flow (I have medium flow for regular maintenance cleaning ) but with the ability to press one button I can have a high flow (preset of course) for those large commercial windows and for rinsing.
I have slow flow should I come across stubborn stains or for when cleaning pvcU with chemicals (we don’t want to wash the chemicals away to quickly ) .
Being able to power down when the customer comes out with tea is a bonu , this means the system isn’t under pressure and idling using power and putting strain on the pump.
I’ve used this on large commercials with 70m of hose out and buildings between the two without issue and on regular domestic jobs. The LED’s are great too, they show flow rate (number of lights ) and whether the button pressed has been received.
Battery life is fantastic too.
I can genuinely say I wouldn’t be without mine .
V16 Is Here