Shrek

Re: Do you sometimes feel like this job....
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2017, 01:02:51 pm »
It's easy to tell that the sun is shining  ;D What would these posts be like in the middle of winter?

In winter it's ....... I hate this job , my fingers feel like they're gonna drop off and my hose keeps freezing 😬

jk999

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2017, 01:43:20 pm »
I wouldn't like to be starting up a fresh now .I was ok because my dad started window cleaning over sixty years ago and we have a good name and we'll known in area but it's a lot harder staring up now

jonboywalton75

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2017, 02:27:21 pm »
+1

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2017, 02:32:27 pm »
I wouldn't like to be starting up a fresh now .I was ok because my dad started window cleaning over sixty years ago and we have a good name and we'll known in area but it's a lot harder staring up now

These days it takes a lot of investment

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2017, 03:09:07 pm »
No wonder every man and a dog wants to start up window cleaning with posts like this. Bearing in mind anyone can view this forum including custards on tinternet without creating an account. lol

If I was a newbie reading this forum I would just create a round full of rubbish, underpriced work. Get the sack then immediately pick up ten times more at triple the price- can't fail!!
Comfortably Numb!

nathankaye

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 04:50:04 pm »
Thank fully this forum is a good place for them to look as its full of great advice and what can be achieved. A huge majority on here have been in this job for a good number of years and thats why we can take it a little easier now,  talk how many houses we can do in a day or a tabboo subject "prices" because weve worked damn hard to get it how we have now and perhaps reaping the added rewards. Whilst at same time acknowledging how newbies might find it in a saturated market.  But when i started off and im sure im not alone, we didnt offer free cleans to build a round or badly undercut or knowingly undercut others just to get a foot in
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2017, 10:10:39 am »
It's easy to tell that the sun is shining  ;D What would these posts be like in the middle of winter?

i earn virtually the same money  in autumn/winter as i do in spring/summer.its the same work all year round(i usually have more add ons in the warmer months though so slightly more earnings)
price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2017, 10:20:23 am »
No wonder every man and a dog wants to start up window cleaning with posts like this. Bearing in mind anyone can view this forum including custards on tinternet without creating an account. lol

If I was a newbie reading this forum I would just create a round full of rubbish, underpriced work. Get the sack then immediately pick up ten times more at triple the price- can't fail!!

Sounds about right. If only it was a easy as that. lol