Plankton

Taking on?
« on: February 15, 2018, 08:51:59 pm »
I've bought and got rid of work before but never took anyone on with the round (trad run). So any experienced folks that want to advise?

Simon Trapani

Re: Taking on?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 09:50:45 am »
Go water fed pole ;D

Plankton

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 10:17:02 am »
If it goes ahead that's the plan but it would take a while wether or not they have experience.
I'd want them to be subies and paid from the books need some q&a's on it though. I like the banked hours but most up hear are percentage work.

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 10:47:28 am »
I don't really get what you are doing Alan

Are you looking for employees or sub contractors?

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 11:06:16 am »
i would take them on for a trial period see how they work

i can't remember the exact terms but in some contract cleaning situations you have to take the staff on with the work - might be worth checking the general cleaning board for more advice

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 11:36:50 am »
I don't really get what you are doing Alan

Are you looking for employees or sub contractors?
I'm looking at buying a run again and there is a couple of guys on it just now.

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 11:45:01 am »
Just be a terrible boss and change things up. They will soon leave of their own accord and plough on and make ur fortune.
 ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 12:09:16 pm »
Just be a terrible boss and change things up. They will soon leave of their own accord and plough on and make ur fortune.
 ;D ;D
Most people that I've worked with probably thought I was a Pr!ck so that always helps :)

martinw

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 12:20:48 pm »
Under Tupe you may have to take him that's if he has any contract. You may change terms of the contract if it does not suit your  economic, technical or organizational side of business. This must be negotiated. Continuity of employment is transferred to you. You will have to follow correct procedures regarding notices. Best seek professional  advice.

Plankton

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 05:31:11 pm »
No contracts so as long as they turn up it shouldn't be a problem. It'll be a couple of weeks before it's sorted then I can start stressing for 4 weeks asking myself what have I done, why did I buy this.... Been there before but I had converted all the work straight away which was a pita and this is double the size.

Plankton

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 10:13:52 pm »
To continue from this... Looking at the work it's probably 30% under what I'd price the houses and there's around 30% in the scheme, so with it being trad and at around 600 doors there's potential for it to go down in numbers or up in value but I'm a mile away from an answer!
Any reasonable thoughts on this that would help make a decision?